New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.

All Forums
 Outdoor Activities
 Gardening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  1:19:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is time to start planting in and around Blairsville? What are some good things to plant and what are some complementary plants? Do you have any good gardening sites to recommend? How about gardening centers?

Information, information, information....Please

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Welfare is for those to truly need it. Not the freeloaders who abuse it.

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  2:49:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:

What is time to start planting in and around Blairsville? What are some good things to plant and what are some complementary plants? Do you have any good gardening sites to recommend? How about gardening centers?

Information, information, information....Please

GrayEagle

Gray - This is a fantastic website.  http://www.walterreeves.com.  Be sure to pull up DEER RESISTANT plants. 

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  7:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, BR!  Got the site bookmarked and spending some them looking around.

GrayEagle
Welfare is for those to truly need it. Not the freeloaders who abuse it.Go to Top of Page

snowflake

109 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  8:53:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we usually plant potatoes on good friday, (It's a wives tale thing been doing it for generations) usually we sew our tomatoe plants and cabbage plants in a bed beside the house the end of February thru first of March facing the sun we have covers we can lay over them until warm weather when they are big enough they can be set out in our garden usually end of May. Beans, corn, the rest of our stuff usually is planted by the end of May also.

Most of our seeds we dry from last years bounty.

If I have to buy plants or seeds I usually get them at Waynes feed and seed in Murphy I have good luck with his plants.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  9:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't wait until we get up there so I can get  veggie and flower gardens going!  Thanks for the information.

GrayEagle
Welfare is for those to truly need it. Not the freeloaders who abuse it.Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  12:40:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Now for my next question on Gardening.  Actually it is about gardening equipment.

We are going to be putting in flower beds, planting a garden, etc.  What type (brand?) and size of rototiller would be worth seriously looking into.  Right now I am looking at both HD and Lowes for the purchase, but am open to other local businesses.

GrayEagle
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14
http://reigndownusa.com/Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  1:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are doing a veggie garden with some friends and excited about it too.. UBB planted um... I need the list, lol! I planted flowers while he done this.. and was in the bed sickly while he done that to that veggie garden on the hill..

ACE was where we got a lot of our seeds.. and taters..lol! :)

[IMG]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg27/sweetjos/Hope.png[/IMG]Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  1:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Daughter, does ACE have roto-tillers?

GrayEagle
America:
II Chron 7:14Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2008 :  2:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Will be looking for a place to buy some Sweet Shrubs or perhaps get some cutting from someone.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

GrayEagle
America:
II Chron 7:14Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  10:27:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Daughter, does ACE have roto-tillers?

GrayEagle
America:
II Chron 7:14

I will check on this... :)

[IMG]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg27/sweetjos/Hope.png[/IMG]Go to Top of Page

kf4cu

United States
25 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  11:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit kf4cu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The farmer's market at the courthouse parking lot is opening tomorrow.

You are invited to the North Georgia Tri-State Amateur Radio Club meeting. Regular club meetings are held on the First Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm local time at the Branan Lodge.Go to Top of Page

cabincritter

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  7:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit cabincritter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Happy 4th

Fourth of July flowers

www.scottanna.comGo to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  7:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW! how gorgeous, thanks Scott!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  1:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know it is "only" February, but what kind of thing are going on as far as gardening is concerned?  What needs to be done to get ready for planting, etc.?

GrayEagle
John 14:6 "Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except though me.'"Go to Top of Page

IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  7:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
WOW, CABINCRITTER, those flowers are beautiful. I hope someone sends some beautiful pictures of the Dogwoods when they come in.When i get up there, i'm going to plant a garden too.

I just love this place,Blairsville. I can hardly wait to move there.I am a country girl at heart, and i am tired of this city here.However the weather is beautiful here right now. Getting used to the cold would be hard but as long as i have flannel shirtsGo to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy