New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 6 visitors.
 All Forums
 Weather!
 Winter Storm Watch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  7:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They don't need my help.They can'afford my services.The Tv stations get their info from the national weather center.their's is not the reason for misforcasting weather.a few years back Glenn Burns was so agitated about the his forcast for snow,which didn't fall, here in Blairsville,he could hardly contain himself.If anyone wishes to defend the forcasts for North Georgia,they should make A study of the last 10 years,to help their memories.WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  8:34:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The one and only prediction I remember well enough and I laughed it off was the prediction of the Blizzard of '93. A pretty March day and the radio stations and news stations going wild with Blizzard Conditions...The next two weeks I wasn't laughing without power or water.

Just a playin' around with ya Mr. Jenkins. Hope you didn't take it personal. I too get aggrivated when they blow something way out of proportion and nothing happens or visa versa. I swear I think they get profits off of the grocery stores for doing so!

I live in my own little world; But that's ok, they all know me here.Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  08:51:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
N.L.I am glad that you clearified your position.I realize that weather is difficult to forecast in this area.The tendency now is to present more dire situations than actually exist and the reason is that a twister came through the area several years back and there was no warning given.The so-called blizzard of '93 has been our most enjoyable time we have spent here.We had just bought a house off Ivy Log (Rizzatello)we were lucky that we had a few pans and commodities and plenty of fire wood and a deck of cards and a few books.We didn't leave the house for at least a week.We were among the last to have have electric.We had a kerosene lamp.I kind of suspect that we were the last because we were from Florida with the intention to change everything that we didn't like.I like snow because when I see it falling I have the feeling of being part of nature.WRJ

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  8:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Winter Storm Watch in effect from Saturday morning through Saturday evening...

Tonight

Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow after midnight. Lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds up to 10 mph.

Saturday

Snow
in the morning...then snow likely in the afternoon. Colder. Snow
accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Highs in the lower 30s. Northwest winds
10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent.

Saturday Night

Mostly
cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow in the evening...then mostly
clear after midnight. Lows around 19. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
Wind chill readings around 10.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Welfare is for those to truly need it. Not the freeloaders who abuse it.Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  11:21:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YAY! The snow finally got here!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  11:26:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm ready for all this snow.All my emetrgency equiptment,muk-luks,bear paw snowshows artic shis, c-rations,and enough reading material for the next week.If this forecast doesn't materialize,I will blame Glenn Burns,in person.As was said on the gameshow, the price is right,come on down ,snow.I'm ready fer what you can dish out.WRJ

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  12:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to smile there Mr. J! Too cute!

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  12:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got up early to watch the news and Fox 5 said, it would snow south of Atlanta and not in NE GA, whelp?????????? I wish I was a news person for a living!

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

iluvit

USA
239 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  2:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr.J. I loved the blizzard of '93, too. That was fun.

Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  3:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I got up early to watch the news and Fox 5 said, it would snow south of Atlanta and not in NE GA, whelp?????????? I wish I was a news person for a living!

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

I bet Fox 5 weather people have really red faces!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

GeorgiaGal

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2008 :  12:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

I live southeast of Atlanta and there was no snow here, just RAIN.frown  I was looking for the anticipated snow all day long! 

GO DAWGS!Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2008 :  09:15:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wolf,Wolf and more wolf.WRJ

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  12:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, Mr. J...what's the word?? Will we get it, or will we not?
Freezing Rain Advisory

/O.EXT.KFFC.ZR.Y.0001.000000T0000Z- 080122T1900Z/ DADE-WALKER-CATOOSA- WHITFIELD-MURRAY-FANNIN-GILMER-UNION- TOWNS- CHATTOOGA-GORDON-PICKENS-DAWSON- LUMPKIN-WHITE-FLOYD-BARTOW- CHEROKEE- FORSYTH-HALL-BANKS-POLK- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CALHOUN...DAHLONEGA... CLEVELAND... ROME...CARTERSVILLE... GAINESVILLE 931 AM EST TUE JAN 22 2008
...FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...

THE FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON. THIS ADVISORY IS FOR AREAS ALONG AND NORTH OF A LINE FROM CEDARTOWN...TO GAINESVILLE...TO HOMER.

LIGHT RAIN WILL CONTINUE ACROSS NORTH GEORGIA THROUGH THE AFTERNOON HOURS. TEMPERATURES IN MANY LOCATIONS WILL REMAIN NEAR OR JUST BELOW THE FREEZING MARK...ESPECIALLY IN THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS WHERE ICING HAS ALREADY BEEN REPORTED. BY 2 PM TEMPERATURES WILL BE JUST ABOVE FREEZING THROUGH OUT THE ADVISORY AREA...ALTHOUGH THERE COULD BE A FEW SPOTS...MAINLY THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS...THAT WILL REMAIN JUST BELOW FREEZING.

A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF FREEZING RAIN OR FREEZING DRIZZLE WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS...ESPECIALLY ON BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES. SLOW DOWN AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  2:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just as long as the weather is nice, sunny and above freezing tomorrow!!! I don't want my husband to have any delays in his travels tomorrow!

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  5:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
M-4 I never intended to be an expert on weather,however since I have painted myself in that direction and to also protect my new found status,I will make this statement,which will insure that I am correct most of the time.When the forcasts are presented I will state that 75% of then are wrong.Doing this will indicate that I know more about the weather than those who are responsible and are paid to do in right.In essence the score will always be three to one in my favor.A side bar here.These T.V.weather people are well paid.A friend of mine in Tampa (Roy L.)was being paid 125 thousans a year.I am not being paid anything.WRJ

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  6:41:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do believe you have the "key" to the weather now. I'm 99.9% sure you're right in your thinking!!!

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  4:33:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There isw an excellent chance that the weather people have missed another forcast.We could get some snow.WRJ

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  4:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could get? It's still little specs across the street here, Mr. J!
Check you email in a bit...I wanted to ask you something!

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy