New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 5 visitors.

All Forums
 Weather!
 Be careful tonight and/or tomorrow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  7:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You might be in for some rather bad weather tonight and/or tomorrow. 

Wind Advisory in effect until 4 am EST Friday...

Tornado Watch 19 in effect until 1 am EST Friday...

Be safe!

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
"Be what you is, not what you ain't. 'Cause if you is what you ain't, you ain't what you is!" Heard from Jeff Easter

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  7:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think my daughter's hiking/camping trip is not going to happen. I don't want her out in that mess. She wouldn't be a happy camper at all!
I heard the "S" word for Saturday!!

"How often misused words generate misleading thoughts."
-Herbert SpencerGo to Top of Page

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  7:48:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tornado watch? That scares me! I've had tornado nightmares since I was a little kid. And, then, being in three hurricanes that spawned tornados didn't help! UGHHH! I'd ask if tornadoes are common here, but I'm not sure I want the answer. And, seeing as how it seems "anything goes" on the weather everywhere these days, I wouldn't trust historical data anyways! Let's all pray for a safe night through the storms for everyone!

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  7:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love GA storms. We used to sit out in our garage on the tail of the truck & watch the lightning!

"How often misused words generate misleading thoughts."
-Herbert SpencerGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  8:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lightning and Thunder = God's Fireworks!  Sheer beauty!

GrayEagle
"Be what you is, not what you ain't. 'Cause if you is what you ain't, you ain't what you is!" Heard from Jeff EasterGo to Top of Page

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  8:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! I guess I am a wimp. True, to see it in pictures, it is amazing. But, I still get a little nervous when I hear it at night. I, of course, put on the brave "there's nothing to be afraid of" front, for the kids. But, I still snuggle up a little closer to hubby when the house shakes from the thunder or when the room lights up from the lightning! ;)

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  8:27:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HBC, snuggling is allowed!! 

GrayEagle
"Be what you is, not what you ain't. 'Cause if you is what you ain't, you ain't what you is!" Heard from Jeff EasterGo to Top of Page

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  8:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was a little girl, I remember jumping into my big sister's bed when there were storms...funny that was the only time she didn't yell at me for doing so. Hmmm...think she was scared, too? LOL! Amazing how we see things as we get older, isn't it? Maybe hubby is scared, too, and that's why he doesn't mind! LOL! LOL! OK, I'm leaving that one alone!

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  8:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
big smile

cool

GrayEagle

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  10:19:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was quite some storm we had last night!
Good to see the sunshine this morning.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy