New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 9 visitors.

All Forums
 Union County Schools
 book bags
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
halfnut

88 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  5:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have any parents noticed how heavy book bags are,my 4th graders bags weigh atleast 25lbs,this is excessive for kids that weigh 50 t0 60lbs

justamom

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  8:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the time they graduate they will look like cave men! A couple of my kids text books were on a cd in Middle School so that was one less book to carry around. I don't know why they are so heavy but you are right, don't they have lockers?

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  8:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In 4th grade, they do have lockers & they don't really have to carry home all the books each night. My daughter (5th) hasn't carried home more than 1 book each day to do homework. It's mostly the Social Studies book & that's a once a week deal.
Not sure what the girls are bringing home to ya, Halfnut, but you may want to ask them if it's really needed???

"How often misused words generate misleading thoughts."
-Herbert SpencerGo to Top of Page

Betsy

USA
439 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  08:23:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Betsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mine have heavy ones with only the binder in it. The binder they need and everything they keep in it is heavy as it is. Maybe once a week a book comes home and wen it does, it is heavy.

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy