New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 10 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Which Bank do you perfer?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Previous Topic  
coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  2:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh why? He always makes an effort to come over and talk to me and my husband whenever he sees us.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  5:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cooser, I aint gonna say on here or anywhere else.

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  12:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me and my wife purfer ucb Everyone there have been very nice to us .We like all of the people who work there but there is someone that that we are especially fond of,She helps us with our new quarter collection,She is truly A wonderful person and I am not in the habit of using the word to describe anyone.Her husband is a preacher and retired military.I have told her three time that I am an atheist but she can't belive it.Her name is Shelly Morrisson.

Williaam R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  12:54:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bank of Blairsville is wonderful too!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  3:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have some very good banks here with some very nice people.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  5:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

We have some very good banks here with some very nice people.

Joyful and my first dealings with banks in your area was some 30 years ago. We were visiting my brother in Hiawassee and needed to cash a check. We went to the bank and asked about cashing a check. I told them who my brother was and they said there would be no problem. I asked if they wanted some identification and the teller said it wasn't needed. This made us feel really good.

Folks, this may seem to be a common place thing for you, because you have lived there almost all your lives (you aren't dead yet, so it can't be "all of your lives"). Almost all of the places we have lived, this is the only place where, we as strangers, were treated this well. This is just one one of the many reasons we are looking forward to moving up there.

Mudpuppy

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with Me."
Rev 3:20Go to Top of Page

hrspowr

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  5:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use Appalachian Bank and they are great to deal with. I used to use UCB but they got so big that it seemed like they didn't want to help people out anymore. My credit is less than perfect but my loan officer at Appalachian has never turned me down for a loan. I have an account at Bank of Blairsville too, they have always treated me very well but I prefer Appalachian.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  12:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just opened a new money market savings acct. at Appalachian bank. They are now offering 2.5% rate on a m/m account. The highest acct. I could find was INGdirect, which is paying 2.2%, so our local bank beat one of the top rates in the country.

Go to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  7:52:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've dealt with Appalachian Community Bank for years and I must say that lately i've had ALOT of trouble out of them and it's mistakes on their part (thank goodness)!! You have to watch them very close! They don't seem to honor the fact that you have until 2pm to make a deposit. They want to hit you with the overdraft fees when in fact your deposit that was credited before 2pm covered everything! Watch them close, then call them, they do however, correct the mistake, but only after you call and point it out. In other words, if you don't keep up with your checkbook very close, you could be paying them money that you really don't have to, because they sure aren't going to correct the mistake on their own!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  11:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hun, I think all the banks are like that... We have one with UCB and one with Bank of Hiawassee/Blairsville.. They are the same way... I think all banks do that crap... try to get ya with the deposits... now what I dont get is... now ... when you write a check ---- it automatically comes out of your account at most places... but why when you deposit.. cant it go in automatically? I mean.... why cant they get on a system all together? Like all is FDIC insured.. well why cant they be on the same system like.. deposits... huh?
I mean its only fair that if they take money automatically - they should put money automaticly!

Edited by - daughterofconfederate on 12/21/2004 11:56:48 PMGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  10:10:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know that with ACB we sometimes have them send us credits to our account because they've caught a mistake that I didn't. We've never had a problem with them & they know you when you come in. I like that in a bank, but I think they are all like that around here being in a small town.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  2:54:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never had a problem with the ACB. Now their money market and a half, as they call it, is paying 2.6% It is tied to the prime rate. I don't know if this is a ploy to get customers to switch banks, or if they will pay that rate for a while.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2005 :  10:04:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Capital One online! Got a loan approved in less than :15 min. today & they are sending a blank check via fed ex.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2005 :  11:52:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Maddy on your loan! And that is really good news.

My mawmaw has had South Trust she said since early 70s and she is really really partial to them.

Most people would succeed in small things if they were
not troubled with great ambitions.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  10:24:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, mama, which bank do you prefer? I am still with ACB paying now 2.71 money market.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2005 :  11:52:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seasons Bank is offering a 6 month CD for 3.9%

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  3:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Season's Bank is offering a saving account with rates as high as 4%. When I have my closing next week, I am going to open up a savings account there.

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  3:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coosa 3.9 for a six month cd or 4% savings, why would you do a cd?

Any idea?

I want to know were to put my money. The savings you can withdrawl anytime, correct?

Cherry BlossomGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  4:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, you can draw out your money out of savings anytime. I have been sticking with a money market cause I have to write a few checks every month to pay for the spec house we are building.
The Banks are really competing. The appalachian bank money market that I have is now paying about 3.1. Seasons Bank is paying 4.0 for a savings account over $50,000, 3.0 if the account is $25,000 plus.
Bank of Blairsville is paying 4.15 for an 8 month C.D (minimum $50,000)
For a small amount of money ($2,500) I think Appalachian is the best deal. Sure beats the 1% we used to get.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  4:21:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ING Direct is paying 3% on any "passbook" type account. Money can be transfered in and out of your authorized bank accounts via the internet. Convenient and no minimum.

Course you could get a ING CD

"Why put your money at risk? Avoid volatility and lock in a great rate!
Open an Orange Certificate of Deposit (CD) and your rate is guaranteed for the term of the CD.

ING DIRECT currently offers the following Orange CDs

Rate Effective Date
1 Year 3.80% 3.80% 06/21/05
2 Year 4.00% 4.00% 06/21/05
3 Year 4.05% 4.05% 06/21/05
4 Year 4.10% 4.10% 06/21/05
5 Year 4.15% 4.15% 06/21/05"

GrayEagle
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Edited by - GrayEagle on 07/14/2005 4:21:55 PMGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  4:28:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gray, I opened and ING savings and I was already to put a lot more money in it, but the local bank is paying more, so I stuck with the local bank.

Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  4:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gray, If I say to you "are you a banker"? Your comment back would be ???

.......KISS........

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  4:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If he was a banker, why would he send us all to ING direct? It has no branches. Guess again, Rouge!!

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  6:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Gray, If I say to you "are you a banker"? Your comment back would be ???
.......KISS........
Rouge

"I am today! But one without a lot of money"

GrayEagle
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  6:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And what is the name of your bank Today, Gray?

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy