New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 12 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Which Bank do you perfer?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Previous Topic  
daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  01:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bank of Blairsville. We use United Community for our business because there are so many of them around Ga.. and hunny travels lots.

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  03:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ACB. I was going to use United, but the previous owners of our biz used it & I didn't want anything mixed up. ACB welcomed us right off the bat when I came in and made us feel like they'd take care of us. They are.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  03:24:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah they are good. We have never had an account with them but some of our customers do and they really did great with them.

Go to Top of Page

Lynne

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  03:24:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have two accounts. One at UCB and one at Seasons Bank. Both are good. But I dont recommend having the overdraft courtesy on account at UCB.

:)Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  03:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why?

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  2:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use 3, UCB for personal, ACB for our business checking because they pay interest (very little) and the new season's bank for our savings and house account because they pay the highest amount of interest on their money market account, currently about 1.5 percent. I keep the money to build the spec house in that account.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  2:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many banks are now offering the overdraft protection because they want you to bounce checks. They get about $30 per check,

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  2:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OUCH!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  2:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have only done that once in the 20 years I have lived here. I forgot to make a deposit and 3 checks bounced, one for only $14. I learned my almost $100 lesson, believe me. Not to mention being so embarassed, but I found my bank bag and there was the money, sitting at home and not in the bank. I am waiting for the banks to start raising the interest they are paying us. They charge 6% but pay out less than 1%. That makes me mad. It is the lowest in over 80 years.

Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  2:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When the interest rate goes up they will start paying more. I remember when they charged 12% and gave 4%.

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  2:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had that happen, but the bank ended up having to pay all the fee's back to me. They deposited my check into my brother in laws account instead of mine! Oops. All was forgiven and with the protection they didn't even have to notify the vendors because they never knew what happened. It happened to me back when I was 16 & my Credit Union took out $300 of my account and transferred it to someone else by mistake. Check your bank statements!! They make mistakes sometimes. They had to write letters to 5 people who got the rubber band treatment to say it was their fault & to accept checks from me.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  2:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do feel better knowing that the vendors never knew the checks bounced. that is one good thing about the overdraft protection.

Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  2:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worked at a bank for nine years. It was my first grown up job. I might go back in a year or two.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  2:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worked at a savings and loan. We charged 9% mortgage interest and paid 6% in savings interest. That was back in the early 80's.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2004 :  12:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I walked into United Comm. Bank yesterday with an application for a loan to buy some land. I was approved and out of there in 10 minutes. That is good service.

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2004 :  4:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would have to say United Community just because I have never used another bank. Both of my parents work there so I might be aliitle bit prejudiced too! But I will say this they are good to their employees.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2004 :  8:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, we used UCB when we bought our property. Joe Fair was a great pleasure to work with. He made us feel welcome to the area and our loan was process in a quick and professional manner.

Over the past several years, we have had dealings with two ladies in that office. I'm sorry but I don't remember their names (we have their cards somewhere). One opens/services new checking/savings accounts, the other works with loans. They were/are pleasent and professional to work with.

Not only that, none of them insulted us by assuming we spoke Spanish! Unlike the people living here in South America, North.

Mudpuppy
"Be what you is,
not what you ain't.
'Cause, if you is what you ain't,
you ain't what you is."
Jeff EasterGo to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2004 :  8:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe is a good guy and so is Burl Conley! Their both "home boys" LOL Yes I probably know who you are talking about and they are always nice to me regardless of the situation. And I will say they are quick to the draw now if they make a mistake. I had called one time to have my house payment withdrawn and they did withdraw it but posted it to another loan for somebody else. I am sure that other person was happy for a day or so! LOL But they called me on my cell phone and apologized over and over! I told them that it was fine I wasn't anybody than anyone else and that we were all human...People and the users of the PC make mistakes just glad they had found it and let me know! Alot of people will say that UCB won't admit to mistakes but I beg to differ they have made 3 mistakes with us in the past 20 years. Luckily I found the other 2, which was in the beginning of our checking accoung 18 years ago. They were very nice and fixed it without any problems!

Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2004 :  12:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to work at UCB and there are some wonderful people that work there. I have had some issues with one of their banks over the mountain when they wouldnt cash two checks written to my husband for less than $100.00 and they were written on UCB. They always give him the third degree over there for some reason. We dont know why because we have 3 checking accounts there and savings and a CD. Anyway they are good to work for. We have also have great dealings with Bank of Blairsville. I even got a loan there when I worked at the other bank.

Edited by - puddin pop on 10/31/2004 12:57:30 PMGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  12:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just talked to David George from season's bank and he told me he would have loaned me money to buy land at a percentage point lower than the loan I got. I guess it pays to shop around. we have really good banks here.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2004 :  12:49:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David Georges is really cool adn I love him to death! I think I may swing in and get an account there. We go way back to Bank of Hiawassee! He has always been super nice!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2004 :  1:54:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes that is where I met David George, at the bank of Hiawassee. We had to go all the way there to pick up the loan checks on a custom house he was building. I am glad he is at season's bank now.

Go to Top of Page

Birdy

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  1:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UCB

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  2:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish I had stock in united community bank. That is a good investment. Andy Williams is the greatest.!!

Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  08:58:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have some stock in UCB. Some of it was given to me and some of it I bought myself. I do not however particularly care for Mr. Williams.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  09:21:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE!

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy