New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 13 visitors.

All Forums
 Hobbies and Crafts
 Crafts for Kids
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  12:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quick and inexpensive? Definitely the egg carton caterpillar. You only need egg cartons, pipe cleaners and paint. Another one is Chinese Lanterns, you only need colored cardboard, scissors and some string to hang them up. By Anne

Beach Collage
We collect all sorts of things from the beach - shells/feathers/coral etc. and make beach pictures. By Kim

Felt Puppets
Making hand puppets out of felt, no sew, all done with glue, very easy project for kids. By Marilynne

Collage
I use ribbons, rice and other tactile material as well as pictures. Add glitter to glue so you can see something where the little ones miss sticking something on. By Sharmaine

Kids Jewelry
I think it is fun for kids to make jewelry with beads and ornaments with beads, they love it and it keeps them entertained. By Tammy

Fun foam door hangers
pre cut out shapes that even young children can make, takes about 5 to 10 minutes max and their finished. By Shannon

Laminated Place mats
Cut out pictures from Sunday paper (what ever theme is of interest to my toddler at the time). Make up a batch of finger paint. Allow him to create a collage with finger paint, cut out images. Finally, laminate artwork and you have a custom place mat. By Deborah

Salt Dough
A fun activity for kids is to make salt dough - lots of things can be made from salt dough and it is so easy and cheap and it is easily painted! A good idea is brooches! By Alison

Family Portraits
Take an old newspaper, sheets of card, some glue and some child safe scissors. Ask the children to look through the paper and cut out pictures to glue on the card to create a picture of their family. By Rosie

Binoculars
Take two toilet paper empty rolls and staple inside each end stapling them together to look like binoculars. The child can decorate them with crayons or paints or stickers and you can even add a string around them so they are just like dads! My 5 year old insists she saw a fox through her binocular. By Cindi

Sewing
Children love to sew using plastic canvas. Embroidery thread or wool can be tied to a large needle and random patterns can be created. By Jackie

Photo Frames
Find your favorite photo or even a picture in a magazine cut it out and make a frame in the shape you want out of cardboard. Cover this by gluing material over it and a bit of lace around the edges. Insert your picture and you have an instant photo frame and also a cute gift. By Sue

Foot Prints
Wide roll of paper on the ground and ice cream lids with paint let the child do foot print hand print what ever prints. Cut the paper once dry and use it for gift wrap. By Leighanne

Drinking Straws Garland
Save all your drink straws in many colors and cut into small pieces. Thread onto wool which makes a great garland for the Christmas tree. It is inexpensive but colorful.
By Marina

Make a wizzer
Take a 2 hole button and some string. Thread the string through the hole and again through the hole in the other direction. Tie the ends together, wind up, and move hands in and out and it makes a wizzy sound and is fun. By Katrina

Painting flowerpots
Washable paints (of course) so the kids can use their fingers, toes, etc. By Dawn

Fun Foam Clock
My kids love playing with Fun Foam, so to teach them to tell time, we made a clock out of fun Foam around the numbers they glued shapes and cars. This was a fun and easy project to do. By Alena

Silhouettes
Have the children lay down on a long piece of construction paper and you trace their bodies. After this is finished let the kids color and draw on the paper what they think they look like. I do this with my day care kids and they love it. By Cynthia

Food Animals
With small children make "bugs" from gumdrops and pretzels. - Buy fat gumdrops - slit the middles - stuff in pretzels (small ones) for wings! By D Kinkhead

Clay Figures
Let them make their own little men/ dolls (action_figurines) out of clay. By Brett

Coupons
Let the kids make coupons for gift giving eg. Helping mum around house , being good for 3 hours etc. By Jan Brooks

"The Mountains are Calling and I must Go"

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  12:42:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Bootie Bag Purse

1 Old pair of jeans
Scissors
Glue gun (if gluing)
Glue sticks (if gluing)
Optional embellishments

Denim Jeans purses or booty bag patterns are all the rage right now with literally 100's of patterns on the market.
We decided to bring you this Booty Bag pattern for free!!!

This bag has the option of being a sewing project or a quick no sew bag by using glue. Glue is a great alternative for a quick

kids craft thought it may not be as durable.

Low-rise or small jeans make a smaller bag, bigger or high-waist jeans make for a roomier bag.

Lay the jeans flat and cut off the legs.

Cut through the crotch, then straight across for an even edge.

Turn the jeans inside out and glue the bottom closed leaving about 1/2 inch of fabric (or an even edge). Let the glue dry or alternatively sew this section closed.

Turn inside the right way and check bottom for even edge.

Cut the inside seams from both pant legs and make handles from these. Glue or sew them on.

You can also glue or sew in a cheap bandanna as a lining & add embellishments to decorate the outside of the bag.

Velcro or magnetic closures can also be added.

For extra strength you can SEW this bag closed, but then of course it would not be a quick no sew bag for non sewers.

With craft glue this bag is suitable for carrying around lightweight items or as a overnight bag only.

If you see text for this pattern or images being sold online using the titles, of Booty bag, Bootie bag Pattern or Denim Jeans purse or Denim jeans tote. Please let us know as this is a direct infringement of copyright and why should people be scammed into buying it when we have it for FREE!!

"The Mountains are Calling and I must Go"Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  1:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey that sounds nice, but never saw an glue gun LOL.

back in paradise, time of my life, everything is sunnyside up!Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  11:31:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

well, Ragshop is going out of business :(   but, the good thing is everything is 70% off.

everything!!!!!!!    patterns, yarn, fabric, art supplies, etc.        guess i will not be frugal today.

but in the long run i will save a lot of $$$$$$$

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy