New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 5 visitors.
 All Forums
 Hobbies and Crafts
 Pet peeves
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 8
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  07:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehe! I do too Pud.. specially if I know them, last one I blew a horn at was over 70 yrs old, she is one of my best friends grandma.. she was getting gas yesterday at Circle K.. I honked until I passed her and blew her a kiss.. :) I dont normally blow kisses.. but shes like my grandma too.. and I love her..

Mostly thats what consist of my horn blowing.. unless its to wake someone up or try to give the go TO GO to those who sit at GREEN lights talking on their cells while not paying attention.. I dont like to do that.. but I am sure the other 10 cars who have waited for that light appreciates it too!lol!

Use to, everyone waved at everyone about it around here.. or at least did the Arbor Acres Chicken bob to say hello (my pawpaw always did that).. honked.. shook hands.. greeted people with smiles..

There are still some gooduns that do these things..

Peeve for today.. hair dryers that loose their heat!lol My hair will look stuck to my head for sure.. OWELL! I will get over it!

Anne Frank said,
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." I agree!
Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  07:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh oh, my hair would look like Buckwheat's without my hair dryer. Maybe drive around or ride around with your head out the window?

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to.Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  07:59:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol! Buckwheats..nuh uh.lol! I bet its rather cute short too! What did your hunny say about it?

Yep... Ill get the wind blown look till I go school shoppin.. Walmart has cheap but good hair dryers.lol! :)

Anne Frank said,
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." I agree!
Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  08:04:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He said "Well it shore is short, alright".

And that was that.

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to.Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  08:07:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:) he took it better than UBB did when I got mine cut.. I got the "stare" from horror.. :( lol! ;)

Anne Frank said,
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39310 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  5:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why are the isles at Ingles so full of "stuff" Two baskets cannot pass each other.

Go to Top of Page

pamac1

USA
511 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  5:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with that, Coosa!  And it isn't only Ingles...  I wonder how many of those displays have "accidently" been knocked over by customers pushing buggies, lol!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39310 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  4:18:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I leave my basket at the end of the aisle and walk down the aisle.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39310 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  11:30:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
spiders and spider webs!!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39310 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  10:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those spiders are still bugging me!! I was showing someone my house and the sunlight is shining in. Even tho I spent a forture getting the windows clean, there are spider webs on every window!! My husband washed all the back windows last week and the spiders are back. I wonder if they make something you can spray on windows that spiders don't like??

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39310 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  12:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why does the line move so slowly at the post office?

Go to Top of Page

Metalman

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  12:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Metalman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They don't call it SNAIL MAIL for nothin.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39310 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  12:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good answer!!!!

Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  5:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to do a lot of business on eBay. I sold a lot of books and a few other items as well,and we bought a lot of books as well. So, we have had an account for probably 4 years.
Anyways, Sonny bought some books a couple of weeks ago When I was at work. He told me about them when i got home, and asked me to do the "communication" emails and set up the payments. No problem, right?

Well, since I had not used the account in several months, my account still had my Blairsville address. In the email to all the sellers, I told them due to a move, my address had changed, and gave them my new one. I also told them how I would be paying. All of the sellers responded, so I KNOW they all received the email. When I got home today I had an email through eBay about one of the books - the seller sent it to the Blairsville address! I sent him another email and his response was "Hi,  We may have a problem. Let's just wait and see what happens."

So now,we have a book that is paid for, somewhere between Danvers, Mass. and Blairsville, GA!
I know he read my original email - he responded.Why didn't the yo-yo just send it to the address I gave him?  It was the same address I mailed my payment from! GGRrrr!

Life is a Journey -
Enjoy The Trip!
www.dorothytaylor.blogspot.com or www.granmagertie.blogspot.comGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39310 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  6:42:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is annoying! I hear they are going to change all the addresses soon. Won't that be a pain!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39310 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  08:56:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
child proof bottles. I cannot open them. Today, I tried opening the toilet cleaner bottle and could not. I can never get the mouthwash bottle opened either!!

Go to Top of Page

JasonT

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  1:09:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just dont get them mixed up.lol By the way what does it pay to open these bottles for you.lol

Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  1:46:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When buyers scheduler an appt. to see our house and never show up to meet our realtor.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39310 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  2:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is what I need, to hire a "bottle opener" Oh, I used the right bottle when I rinsed out my mouth, thank goodness!!

Go to Top of Page

honeybear

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  4:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going to pick up a few things at the grocery store at lunch time, and getting stuck behind someone in the "express line, 10 items or less" that has at LEAST 20 things! Can't these people count? Or read? UGH

"Live well, Love often, Laugh a whole bunch!"Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39310 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  5:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is probably one of my biggest pet peeves. I think the people should be asked to leave the line. That is the one thing about quick check that I like.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  6:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People on their cell phones while driving, in a public place like a business or suppose to be working.

If you go into Poteete's during the morning shift you are guaranteed that one of the girls in there is yakking on the cell phone while customers are in line.

What happened to no personal calls at work unless it's an emergency or at least urgent.

What has happened to customer service???????

Having a very serious discussion with BRMEMC and then realizing they are right, duh!!! Will enclose an apology note in with my bill this month.

Empire gas not letting us know they were going out of business and Heritage just e-mailing a letter offering specials but not stating in the letter that they now have the business. I thought it was as advertisement in the mail until we drove by the other day.

People who call to place an order, get down to the payment part and say "Wait I have to go get my credit card".

People who call and want to know how long it takes to get a package to their house but they won't let you know where they live.

People who eat or drink while they are on the phone talking to you.

"GATOR'S EAT BOOGERS"Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  6:40:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand the cell phone thing, but in my case, it's often in reverse. You'd be surprised how many people come up to the counter at work to place an order, then they hold everybody up because they're in the middle of a cell phone conversation! Ok People,  just place your order already and let other people behind you do so as well. Many people are on a time specific lunch break and they are in a hurry. Besides, I/we don't care if you sell the car, the house or the boat, or if your important papers were received in your office yet, or if the vet/pet groomer/babysitter is ready for you to pick up your cat/dog/child. This is a restaurant, place your order and have a seat!
As for the driving, I used to have a mean bumper sticker that said -
"Do you think you could drive any better with that cell phone up your A**?"

Life is a Journey -
Enjoy The Trip!
www.dorothytaylor.blogspot.com or www.granmagertie.blogspot.comGo to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  8:23:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sympathize Taylor, people are just rude anymore.

How about this Wally World sending all their cashiers to lunch from 11:30- 1:00 knowing that people are on their lunch trying to get shopping done.

I noticed that a long time ago they took down their sign that said they would open another line if a certain amount of people were in line.

Also all of this new remodeling just served the purpose that we unload our buggies and reload them, the cashiers just ring it up and put it in a bag you have to fight the merry go round of bags to find your stuff. Then the line is held up because you are digging out your method of payment, which you could have been doing if you weren't loading your cart. After I had checked out and was leaving the line I went back and helped an elderly lady unload her watermelon and a couple of other heavy things and after it was rung up put it back in the cart for her.

"GATOR'S EAT BOOGERS"Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  8:47:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HoneyBee,
I'm one of the mean customers - I refuse to load my stuff from their "merry-go-round"! I figure that in the total price of whatever I buy, I pay for both merchandise and service, so I expect both. That's why I also don't use the self-check outs a lot of places are using now.
If they want to give me a discount if I bag and/or load my own stuff, that would be different.
No discount? Then the cashiers are just going to have to bag and load my purchases, period. I'm not a lazy person, it's just the principle of it, you know?

Life is a Journey -
Enjoy The Trip!

Topic is 8 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy