New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.
 All Forums
 Hobbies and Crafts
 Pet peeves
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 8
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  2:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do not tip well for poor service from the waitress.  To do so is to reward sorry work and that I do not do.  For good service I do tip well because they deserve it.

As far as worry about having enough money for a tip......never a problem here.  I rarely ever have cash with me for anything!  We use our debit/credit cards for about 95 % of our purchases and credit card for about 4% of the purchases and cash for about 1% of our purchase.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
If you are not part of the problem and not part of the solution, you have no business being part of the conversation (gossip)!Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  2:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't know if anyone remembers or not, but we have had the tipping discussion more than once on here.  Course, now we have some new folk and it is great to hear what they have to say.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
If you are not part of the problem and not part of the solution, you have no business being part of the conversation (gossip)!Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39305 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  2:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never charge food, but if I did not have enough for a tip, I would.

Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  2:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Britches that shrink up hangin in the closet! lol

Why can't I get a little ahead instead of a bigger behind?Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39305 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  3:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't it funny how clothes shrink in the closet??

Go to Top of Page

FREE SPIRIT

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  6:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

my list.
cell phones-in restaurants & while driving-people talking
kids getting their own salads at salad bars
dogs riding in back of trucks not tied(loose)
thongs up the girls crack-nasty and showing outside their jeans-yuk
pierced noses & tongues & tattoos all over

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39305 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  6:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, I hate pierced things too. I can't stand to look at it. I would not hire anyone like that if I had a business!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  6:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People who do not let kids be kids and forget that they were one too!

People who snarl their noses up at the sight of a child..

Cell phones completely... that is unless its an emergency! :)

Anne Frank said,
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." I agree!

Edited by - daughterofconfederate on 04/06/2007 6:32:16 PMGo to Top of Page

a teach

466 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  12:05:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adults who spank or strike their children in public places.

People who stand just outside a restaurant or grocery store door smoking while people are passing...just rude and low class.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  12:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
100 HANDICAPPED PARKING PLACES AND ONLY ONE CAR PARKED.. Nothing against the handicapped either because I could be handicapped as well one day (GOD FORBID) but between the 100 handicapped parking places and the 40 out of 45 registers that arent in use.. umm.. yeah!

Anne Frank said,
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." I agree!
Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  01:44:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Sorry Teach, but I did spank mine in public, and I'll tell you why...That "wait til we get home stuff" didn't work! Now I ain't talkin' about beating the tarnation outta of 'em but I did do some Swats on the backside! And I really didn't care who liked it or not...cause well, it was my child who needed disciplined!

And Doc...Oh me! I do know about that handicapped too many spaces. I know we do need them but some places here and about have 20 too many agree. Now, you know them places that says for expecting mothers. Well it was raining one day and I told Peachy..."Stick out your Belly and let's go!" LOLROFL! She was like "MOM!" and ...well now we can park there legally. Reckon I Jinx'd her?

I'm too blessed to be stressed!Go to Top of Page

FREE SPIRIT

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  06:14:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey my husband would gladly give up his handicapped parking spot if only he could walk normal again.He & others like him can only walk short distances with out sitting down or riding a scooter. So I think more handicapped spots would be a blessing.
ps. MY pet peeve is that no respect is given to a handicapped person who is in a store and have to use the scooters to shop. Get out of their way,say excuse me if you do step out in front of them,don't park your cart in the middle of an aisle so people can't get by.(not easy manuvering scooters in narrow aisles as it is) YOU could be in this situation 1 day too.....

Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  07:01:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too have gaven my girls a little a butt warming in public. Very rare occasion but I have done it. Maybe if more people would do that we wouldn't have so many running around that didn't know how to act. And I dare anyone to say anything to me about it! Mine might act up and be sassy at home but they know to behave out away from home.

Why can't I get a little ahead instead of a bigger behind?Go to Top of Page

stardust74

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  08:22:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Puddin!!! And you can tell the kids that don't get disciplined they are brats!

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change".Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  08:50:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SNOW IN SPRING TIME!!!!

Cherry Blossom

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  09:29:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People upstairs flushing to toilet 2 times while I am in the shower.

God makes the lightning Bikers make the thunder
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak .
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39305 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  09:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband hates that too. what make me have to "go" when he is in the shower?

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  10:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote

For some reason our showers don't do that? I wonder why?

Free, I spent 12 years working for and with Handicapped people. I have a Granny who has a sticker to park there also. In no way am I bashing the handicap. I have the up most respect for them and will go out of my way to make sure they are first in any sense of mobility.

I'm too blessed to be stressed!Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  10:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our showers don't do that either. Thank goodness.

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to.Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  10:17:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We do have seperate hot water heaters however when they flush their toilet the pressure goes way down. It's usually about the time I'm getting shampoo out of my hair too.

God makes the lightning Bikers make the thunder
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak .
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39305 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  10:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate that people have to turn left leaving Ingles!! I always turn right even if I want to go to the post office!!

Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  10:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen to that.

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to.Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  11:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lordy mercy.. I agree Pud and Lady about the children. Ive had one get away from being what I thought was trapped in front of me while getting a infant car seat out of the vehicle while in a busy parking lot.. ran right out into busy traffic and I popped her on the fanny which was diaper covered and was more of a tap.. however.. she never ran back out in the parking lot either.. and I learned to make the kids stay in the vehicle while I got the others out of the car seat.. so I am guilty of that.. and I agree about the discipline thing for sure! Too much of it is bent these days.. and it shows..

As for the handicapped thing.. they werent at Walmart last night.. and they havent ever been 100 of them last night or any other time I have been there.. but I agree, they could be filled up so why not have them specially beings I DO understand the capacity hold of the building and the state requirements.. people shouldnt block isles, people shouldnt be rude either, true. I have a blind father in law, however he does not handicapped tags of anysort on his vehicle because he cant see to drive.. and feels that beings the times he goes there is with my MIL or one of us that can help him to the door if need be, so see, he has compassion too cause Ive asked him why he didnt get one of those tags and he said, save it for someone else who needs it.. and as I do have compassion for the handicapped.. I coulda just parked on the curb instead and blocked emergency vehiciles if need be.. but I also have compassion for the heart patient that may or may not be inside Walmart.. so I parked in the tip top parking area and vented a lil.. sorry if it offended the free spirit.. I love your smileys by the way. :)

Anne Frank said,

Edited by - daughterofconfederate on 04/07/2007 11:40:22 AM

Edited by - daughterofconfederate on 04/07/2007 11:44:49 AMGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39305 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  11:16:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes traffic is backed up 20 cars deep!! And all those trucks hauling dirt, always turn left!!

Go to Top of Page

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  11:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The "spanking children in public" is a hard issue.  Sometimes a child needs a little one because they do get so out of control and they KNOW that in public they can get away with it more so.  What I hate, is when I hear a parent degrading a child in public verbally, and I've heard this all too often done by parents and in a  LOUD SHOWY way where they WANT others to hear.  They don't realize that THEY are the ones who look ridiculous when they do that.  But, the tap on the butt, every once in a while, has been needed in our family, too...although we do avoid it at all costs.  My little one is extremely hyperactive when not on his meds, and we often try and avoid public situations that require quiet time, during those times.  However, one example would be the other night, when we took him to big boy's art show at the school, and he was WAY OUT OF WHACK and decided to run around and flop around like a monkey and make noises, and hide behind the art displays and nearly crashed into some and people, also.  When we pulled him next to us and held his hand he pulled at my arms twisting his body to get away and making noises, and when I wouldn't give in, he would squeeze my hand really hard trying to hurt me.  This is not my child, but his disorder that takes over him at times like that.  His nervous system is shot.  Well, I know this, but sometimes it takes a swat on the butt to make him try and control himself.  It is amazing how his erratic behavior doesn't embarrass him, and the looks he gets, but the little tap on the butt does embarrass him enough to make him think and try to control his actions (for at least a few minutes).  Now, I also have had (like Doc) the child running into the street and laughing as he does so despite repeated warnings not to...and that definitely warrants the tap on the butt...much more acceptable than getting hit by a car.  See...children KNOW that they have the control in public, because we don't discipline them as much because of the fear of being judged...and I believe ALL children and especially children with behavioral disorders DO know how to use this to their advantage. 

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 8 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy