New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 11 visitors.

All Forums
 Hobbies and Crafts
 Fringed Fleece Blanket
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  10:58:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have always wanted to make one and got the opportunity yesterday. I had 2 medium sized Tenn Vols panels. You know the kind you get at Wally World where they just cut a panel, and decided now would be a good time to make one. It turned out pretty good, so I thought I would post the directions.

VERY EASY!!!!!!

Items needed: 2 pieces of fleece, one for the front and one for the back. (2) 1 yard pieces makes a small child sized blanket and (2)2 yard pieces makes a good throw.

Sharp Scissors.
Cardboard Cut 5 inches square
Tape Measure
Marking Pen

Cut the selvedged sides off of the fleece. (That's the edge they sew around it to keep it from fraying)

Lay your 2 pieces together, one on top of the other, wrong sides together, on a flat surface.

Lay the cardboard square on any corner, mark it and cut it out.
Do this on all 4 corners. Throw away pieces.

Keeping the fleece top and bottom flat, use a tape measure and mark at 1 inch intervals around all 4 edges.

After you mark them, cut each 1 inch strip 5 inches up and flip or fold them up as you cut each one. Laying them over the fleece, so they don't get in the way.

After curtting each 1 inch strip start knotting the cut srips together in a double knot, pulling tightly. You will get small puckers as you do this but it adds to the look of the fleece.

Takes about an hour and a half from start to finish.

Great gift and easy to make.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music."
A. Monet

stardust74

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  11:06:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HONEYBEE, STOP JUMPING AROUND!! I NEED YOU TO EMAIL ME!

"Ever notice that the people that tell you to calm down are the ones that got you upset in the first place"Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  11:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, but I don't have your e-mail addy.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music."
A. Monet
Go to Top of Page

stardust74

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  11:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, I left it in another topic, been trailing you for the past 10 minutes ROTF it's stardust mom 5 @yahoo.com put it all together and you have it LOL

"Ever notice that the people that tell you to calm down are the ones that got you upset in the first place"Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  11:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i e-mailed you.

what can i say i am a topic hopping ho today.

A. Monet
Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  1:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've made a few of those blankets. We have one blues clues & one scooby-doo, & a balerina one. The kids love them!

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  2:47:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to go to wallies world tomorrow so lilred can pick her out some fleece, she has just got ot have one.

A. Monet
Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  09:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well lilred oicked out her fleece adn her blanket turned out good so I guess we ahve an ongoing project.

T week we are going to make one for a baby.

A. Monet
Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy