New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 48 visitors.

All Forums
 Weather!
 Hurricane Ivan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Previous Topic  
daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  4:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you prepared? We are supposed to get lotsa rain and winds.

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  8:45:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just worried for my Mom & Dad in Freeport, FL. (just down from destin) They already had a tornado in the bayou they live on. Scary.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  12:46:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me and Lady are praying for everyones safety!

Go to Top of Page

Lynne

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  03:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was supposed to take my little one camping this weekend for his birthday. :( But then I guess that seems such a petty thing to be upset about when others are losing their homes, lives, and loved ones south of us. I pray for those families and that each of you and yours are safe.

:)Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  2:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks like Fla. got off a little easier this time. At least it did not hit the same places like the first two. I have in laws there and it is very hard for them to go so long without power. they say that they were scared to death when it came thru.

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  6:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Dad called from Freeport, FL & said that the water from the bayou is up to their bird bath in their backyard! Their garage has about a foot of water in it too. Their propane tank came loose from the connection & started floating away. After a call to 911, they said "get out now!" The fire dept. came & put a cap on it & said they were very lucky they noticed it because the house could have blown. Looks like we're in for the flooding & heavy rains tonight. I'm turning off & unplugging the computer tonight. I've had one laptop fried by lightning once & it's not happening again!
Goodnight.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  9:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marg that is devastating. My prayers are with you guys. I know you must be worried sick.

Lynne: thats so sad for a kid tho. They do not realize or understand such and when its their birthday.. I know how you feel.
You promise a kid or make plans with a kid...if you dont stick to it... their little feeling hurt worse than if they had lost a pet.

Pensacola.... it looks like everyone was effected and their homes.

We called my father who lives in South Ga. to see what was happening there and they said that it wasnt to bad there at 4:30pm but our family beach house in Florida is a different story. It is in Panama.
The shingles have blown off and the privacy fence blew down (im glad for that one cause it blocked the nice scenery) and the house is flooded.

The family has flood insurance which we had to get separate from the homeowners ins. Its worth it though and unlike most... the house was not occupied.

Edited by - daughterofconfederate on 09/16/2004 9:32:04 PMGo to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  12:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The panhandle or as we call it, the "redneck riviara" was hit pretty hard all over. My parents power will probably be out for 2 weeks. The silt from the bayou that flooded everything is now stinking up the yards & garages.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  12:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh marg, two weeks without power? I was griping about 2 days and I am not down in all that heat. I feel so sorry for them and what they will have to go thru. Sorry to hear about your beach house doc.
We got flooded bad on the river once and we learned to tie our propane tank to a tree. we couldn't get out cause the main road was under water, so we stayed. Guess we were lucky this week.

Go to Top of Page

Lynne

USA
806 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  12:32:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ivan was rough huh? I was up all night, the wind was so LOUD. I kept thinking...is that a tornadoe??? And then my kids were scared and up all night too. Had no power for 3 days which i think is not so bad considering some are still without. My sister had a tree take out her fence. I had to go get flashlights at 8 pm that night and just up the road and was soaked and blown away. Forget trying to use an umbrella.

:)Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy