New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.
 All Forums
 Hobbies and Crafts
 Gardening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 6
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  09:31:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherry if this is it then it's a Japanese Cherry tree. We have a couple in our yard.

God makes the lightning Bikers make the thunder
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak .
Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  09:37:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I love the purple trees and want one really bad, just don't have anywhere to put them.

Aren't all the pinks, whites and purples are amazing? Who would have thought a tree could make colors, GOD did good.

Volunteers don't get paid, not because they're worthless, but because they're priceless.Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  10:07:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not a Japanese Cherry, I don't think. They have kind of ugly bottoms and they are light and whispy, not leaves. Very dark purple flowers. They are on the side of the road to Walmart and all the way to Andrews as well, pretty, but not sure what they are.

Cherry Blossom

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  11:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dad, you have a wealth of Blackberrys growing on your property.. and now you have iris as well.lol!

Anne Frank said,
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." I agree!
Go to Top of Page

JawJa Gurl

USA
1139 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  12:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooh yeah Cherry, I know what you're talkin bout, those are soo pretty. I don't remember seein so many bloom before. Most of my yard consists of pine and hardwood trees so I have lots of shade and no grass. :( Very hard to grow things round my house. I do have Irises and Hostas poppin up so it's a start.

...JawjaGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  12:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dad, you have a wealth of Blackberrys growing on your property.. and now you have iris as well.lol!
Anne Frank said,
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." I agree!

I know about the blackberries! My sister goes out and picks them. For the first time last year, I had some cobbler made with MY blackberries! You go out there and get some too! Don't want them to go to waste.

Can't wait to see the iris' growing! Got to get your friend to mow for us so I can show you where our two azaleas' are trying to grow. I know you won't go up there until the grass is cut and the snakes are running!

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
If you are not part of the problem and not part of the solution, you have no business being part of the conversation (gossip)!Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  1:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol! Never cared much for a snake at all.. however, I have killed them before. ;)

I will wait for him to go up there.lol!

You call him.. I told him that you would be. :)

He just bought a bob cat too!

The rain sure did help the earth!

Anne Frank said,
Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  2:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While at the family reunion over the weekend we saw beautiful flowering trees blooming (especially dogwoods) and I saw another flower that I would like to attempt to grow. Does anyone know if the Cherokee Rose will grow in North Georgia? There is a huge Cherokee Rose blooming in the cemetary of the little country church where the reunion took place. It was really beautiful.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  2:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it will Joy. Where do you think the Trail of Tears started? Right here in north Ga. I posted a beautiful poem about the Cherokee Rose last year. If you'd like I will email it to you.

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak .
Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  2:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come to think of it, PCM, I do remember you posting that. Will go back and see if I can find it. Thanks.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  2:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a beautiful tree     Purple is my favorite color.     i sure hope they are in bloom when we arrive.

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  2:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.blairsvillesquare.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3002

www.desotostatepark.com/photogallery/wildflowers/cherokee%2520rose.jpg" alt="" alignment="" border="" hspace="" vspace="">

Edited by - paprclip22mom on 04/03/2007 2:52:25 PMGo to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  3:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherry here's a tree called the Redbud.

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  5:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got two cherry blossom's and two red buds and a few dogwoods. This was something different, but those are gorgeous, no doubt.

Cherry blossom's and dogwood's come in pink or white, I've got both, however what I'm talking about is purple.

Cherry Blossom

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  6:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cherry, do you have a digital camera and can you take a picture and post it?  It would be much easier to ID that way.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
If you are not part of the problem and not part of the solution, you have no business being part of the conversation (gossip)!Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3620 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  8:10:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Cherry, this isn't a very good picture..(didn't feel like traipsin' across the pasture to get a closer shot)..but is this the purple trees you're talking about?? 

"I use to have a handle on life, but it broke off.."
~*Topaz*~Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  9:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's the one I want, what is it???????

"I asked God, she's Pro-Choice"Go to Top of Page

FREE SPIRIT

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  04:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherry i went to nelsons ace hardware sat. & one was blooming and the nursery guy told me & showed me it, it is an eastern red-bud tree. go there & get you one, he had several.

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  07:36:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeppers, that there is the tree I'm talking about!!!

Eastern red bud ey?

Wonder what type of redbud I've got? Mine are just budding, they are not blooming and look nothing like that.

There is also a lavender twist redbud????

Cherry Blossom

Edited by - Cherry Blossom on 04/04/2007 07:38:02 AMGo to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  2:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Legend of the Dogwood
Author Unknown

In Jesus time, the dogwood grew
To a stately size and a lovely hue.
'Twas strong & firm it's branches interwoven
For the cross of Christ, its timbers were chosen.
Seeing the distress at this use of their wood
Christ made a promise which still holds good:
"Never again shall the dogwood grow
Large enough to be used so
Slender & twisted, it shall be
With blossoms like the cross for all to see.
As blood stains the petals marked in brown
The blossom's center wears a thorny crown.
All who see it will remember me
Crucified on a cross from the dogwood tree.
Cherished and protected this tree shall be
A reminder to all of my agony."

Cherry Blossom

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  10:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GEE THANKS YOU ALL!

I leave for a couple of days and you let it get cold and kill my Bleeding Hearts, what kind of garden buddies are you.

That's ok I got a picture of them before I left.

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  11:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well this buddie has a brown thumb (haha) so I would have killed them anyways. Plus if I had come all the way out there to cover them up they would have suffocated from the heat before I could get back out there to uncover them. I figured your neighbor down the road would cover them? How many eggs did you have waiting when you got home? Prolly hundreds. Any golden ones yet?

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  10:18:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My hens have laid so many egss they are walking bowlegged.

All of my Hosta's are gone, but the Clematis and plants under the edge of the roof seemed to have survived.

As soon as I can figure out how to post apicture in the post I will put a picture of the Bleeding Hearts on here.

Guess I will have to get out the garden shears and cut everything off at the ground so that they can start over.

The Bleeding Hearts are succulents, they wouldn't have made it even if they were covered, but thanks for the thought.

JawJa Gurl

USA
1139 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  11:06:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

that's the one I want, what is it???????

Ditto! So what is it?

...JawjaGo to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  12:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are "saying" it's an eastern redbud. Mind don't look anything like that, not even that color, so there is some kind of difference, not sure what?

New Question: I've got an indoor easter lilly question. Mind bloomed and has now wilted, well the flowers have. do these rebloom? What do you do with them?

Let the flowers fall off? Wilt off? Plant them in your yard? I have no idea.

Cherry Blossom

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 6 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy