New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 6 visitors.
BoeBro Ventures, Inc. and Blairsville.com does recommend or endorse any business or professions discussed by our members. You should consider the information provided as advice alone and consult as many sources as you can when choosing a business or person to provide a service.
 All Forums
 Hobbies and Crafts
 Callin All Yarn Addicts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 5
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  5:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honey, do you hold your hooks the normal way like a pencil.  I don't.  I have tried and tried, but it is like i have five thumbssmile

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  8:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hold my hook between my thumb and forefinger. I already crochet backwards there's no way I could hold it like a pencil.

I have had a really bad case of (maybe) arthritis this weekend to the point it hurt so bad that I couldn't crochet at all. Now my hands and fingers are swelling and it feels like the top of my hands are on fire. Not only my joints hirt but my finger bone also hurts.

So far nothing has helped except heat.

Luke 6:27,28Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  8:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh dear. i am really sorry.   i know from friends that arthritis can be extremely painful.  frown  i hope it subsides and you are on the mend soon.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  9:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My paycheck and my hobbies depend on my hands.

Will get a dose of Tylenol Arthritis adn start taking it regularly.
Basically that's all you can do.

But thanks for the encouragement.

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  09:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Last night after washing dishes in very hot water, my hands felt better. So being the genius that I am I took my heating pad, turned it on low and placed it under my pillow. During the night when my hands started bothering me I would slip them under my pillow and the heat would loosen them up. This morning they weren't as stiff but they were still sore. As I got lilred ready for school and feed all my critters they started acting up again.

So before work I went to Wally World and got some Tylenol Arthritis, recommended online by webmd and my step-mom, so I will post if it work or no. Who knows it might help someone else down the road having the information.

A friend of mine recommended Arthro-G by Nutri-West her chiropractor who is a nutrionist recommend it and she say's without it she can't hardly move at all. There are supplements and everything that people recommend but if any single product is the answer it doesn't stand out. Guess I will have to resort to my own testing to see what works.

I don't like taking pills or medicines of any kind, never have and especially that have to be taken over a long period of time, so this is especially aggravating.

And to soothe myself on my pity trip, I bought another skein of yarn while I was at Wally World, so there. 

Knitting Knitting Crochet 

Luke 6:27,28

Edited by - HoneyBee on 09/25/2007 1:29:52 PMGo to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  12:37:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bee,   just got back from Wally and I bought the loom.   Of course, while I was looking at the loom and had my back turned, yarn jumped into my cart!   Didn't notice it until I to the checkout, by that time it was too late.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  1:04:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

You really have to watch that yarn cuZ it's sneaky like that.

So what colors and kind jumped you? I got some pretty brown and cream to make hats with.

If you need help with the loom IM me or call me or e-mail me or whatever.

OR JUST COME VISIT ME AND WE CAN LOOM TOGETHER!!

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  1:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bee, well i can tell that i am going to need all of the help i can get with this loom.  i am about ready to take it back.      i have too many fingers.smile  either that or find instructions online with better pics than the ones included.   grrrr           i would love to go to your house, but , it is a little too far.    11hrs.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  3:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

11 hours is nothing is you want to crochet really bad.

OK  Pull your yarn tail from the center of the skein.

Tie the tail of the yarn to the little peg sticking out the side, just a slip knot.

Now take your yarn and wrap around each peg clockwise around and around (wrap from behind the peg). Kepp wrapping until you get three loops on each peg.

Then holding your yarn and loom in one hand use your pick tool to pull the bottom two loops of yarn up over the top loop and over the top of the peg. all the way around until you just have 1 loop left on each peg. You have completed the first row of the brim. Now complete 2 more rounds putting 2 more loops on each peg and repeat. The 2 bottom loops may be really tight and hard to pull up and over the peg so maybe do apeg next to it. After you get one loop up and over the rest loosen up.

After each row is worked off push the remaining loop down to the bottom of the peg, easier to do from the backsie of the loom.

Will go look for an online video fo royu.

DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  10:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well luv, how did you do last night.

Crochet 

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  10:54:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

HHMMMM! haven't heard a reply from luv since I introduced her to the loom.

I can only picture in my mind seeing her with yarn all over the place from floor to ceiling and it wrapped around her body and she has the loom around someone's neck screaming "I CAN"T GET THIS RIGHT LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!"

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  2:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Bee, I now have no hair on my head 'cause I tore it all out.   No, not really.  my shoulder has been bothering me and haven't even felt like posting.  In fact. my puter was off for 2 days.   I will get to the loom .   you were right though, i had yarn all bunched up and strewn all over the place.        what a mess.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  3:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hint #2

Take a 2 liter plastic coke bottle. Throw away the lid an wash it out good.

Let it air dry.

Cut a slit in the side of the bottle.

Take your skein of yarn and slip it through the slit to the inside of the bottle. Mmake sure you have your yarn pulling from the center and aimed at the top of the bottle, the opening. Work the center piece of yarn through the opening on the coke bottle top and start crocheting.

Yes, well I know, Thank You.
Folks think just cause I am purdy, that I ain't smart.

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  09:38:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hey luvga.

While I was out of town this weekend I visited the Commerce Wal-Mart and found some of the most beautiful thread. You have to go to your's right now and get some Red Heart "Fall". It has brown, greens and gold's and is absolutely beautiful. I have finished a hat and will be doing a small kid's size scarf to match it.

A friend of mine went to our Wal-mart in Murphy and said they had a place for it but it was sold out. So I am going back on Saturday to see if it's restocked.

I also picked up some Red Heart "Cherry Chip". It has cream and shades of red in it. Looks like ice cream.

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  08:53:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Oops.  I missed this one. Haven't been one here much.   I will check that out though.  I have to make a big Wally run very soon to stock up.  I do not go there from November until after the 1st week of January.  It is way too crowded and noisy and rude people.   I will look for that stuff when I go.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  09:12:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Finally found it at our Wal-Mart in Murphy and it wsa cheaper. Got 2 skeins of it.

Let me know when you get some and what you think of it.

2CedarsChick

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  12:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love, you crack me up! With that last remark you can certainly tell that you are from Fl! I deal with the same things and we don't go out to eat until after Easter!

I will get a dose of serenity starting Thursday night when I make my way up to bville for a long weekend. I can imagine the stress melting already!

Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  6:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

2Cedars, LOL.  We very rarely dine out here anymore.  Every restaurant is like a mob scene year round. There is one place that we go for a good steak dinner that has been here for decades.  It is the only place that isn't a zoo.   It is not a chain restaurant , maybe that is why.   I hope that you enjoy your weekend.  What a beautiful time of the year to go to B'Ville.    

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 5 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy