New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.
BoeBro Ventures, Inc. and Blairsville.com does recommend or endorse any business or professions discussed by our members. You should consider the information provided as advice alone and consult as many sources as you can when choosing a business or person to provide a service.
 All Forums
 Hobbies and Crafts
 Callin All Yarn Addicts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 5
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  3:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great thinking! i bought some to use on the scarf i made, but never put on because it was too hard to work with. now i will have to try that with another project. thanks.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  3:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need to book mark the link below

http://www.myhq.com/public/c/r/crochetpoet/

If you need a pattern it should be here.

I have another one and will post it when I find it.

3 things to remember if you get caught "Don't complain, don't explain, and for sure, don't ever confess!"Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  3:23:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awesome site. thanks soooo much. i already found a hat pattern using homespun and fun fur!

i will take a lifetime to go through this site. it is really great.

Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  12:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how did the booties turn out??? boys or girls

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  3:02:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1 girl set (practice pair), 1 boy set (altered pattern).
Will try to get pics up soon.

ALl in all they turned out well adn once you get it figured out you can make a pair in an hour, which is good for me

3 things to remember if you get caught "Don't complain, don't explain, and for sure, don't ever confess!"Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  09:17:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FREE Pattern of the Day » Tooth-Saver Pillow

Designed by Debi Yorston

Eagerly awaiting a reward from the tooth fairy has never been more exciting. This fun-loving project will help your child go from anxiety to anticipation over losing a tooth.

Skill Level
Beginner

Finished Size
10 x 11 inches

Materials

Worsted weight yarn: 2 1/2 oz variegated (MC) and 1 oz matching solid (CC)
Size I/9 crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
3/8-inch heart-shaped button
1 yd 1-inch-wide matching pregathered lace
Small safety pin or other marker
Hot-glue gun
8-inch square pillow form
Tapestry needle
Gauge
14 sc and 16 sc rows = 4 inches
Check gauge to save time.

Pattern Notes
Weave in loose ends as work progresses.
Join rnds with a sl st unless otherwise stated.

Front & Back
(Make 2)
Row 1: With MC, ch 27, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each rem ch across, turn. (26 sc)
Rows 2-32: Ch 1, sc in each sc across, turn.
Rnd 33: Ch 1, sc evenly sp around entire outer edge, working 3 sc in each corner st, join in beg sc, fasten off.

Pocket
Note: Do not join rnds; mark first st of each rnd with safety pin or other marker.
Rnd 1: With CC, ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. (6 sc)
Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each sc around. (12 sc)
Rnd 3: [Sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc] rep around. (18 sc)
Rnd 4: [Sc in each of next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc] rep around. (24 sc)
Rnd 5: [Sc in each of next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc] rep around, join in beg sc, fasten off. (30 sc)
Fold edge over as shown in photo. Using tapestry needle and CC, tack center of folded edge down; sew pocket in center of RS pillow front.
Glue button to Rnd 1 of pocket.

Joining
Rnd 1: Holding front and back WS tog, working through both thicknesses and matching sts, attach CC with a sl st in any corner st, ch 1, 3 sc in same st, sc evenly sp around, working 3 sc in each corner st, inserting pillow form before closing, join in beg sc.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in same st as beg ch, ch 3, [sk next sc, sc in next sc, ch 3] rep around, join in beg sc, fasten off.
Glue lace to back of Rnd 2.

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  1:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HB, time to make some "baby booties" for the those cute little pink "feet"big smile

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  1:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a needle that small believe it or not, but I don't have the patience.

So what are you projects for this year or should I say U.F.O's?

"GATOR'S EAT BOOGERS"Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  2:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, i really should finish one project before i start another. lol     do you ever do that, put one down and start another.   i guess i just get bored or stumped.    i have an afghan that i started last winter that i really need to put together and edge.  but, my squares don't all match(size), so i have been putting off finishing it.     how lazy is that?

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  2:22:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not believe that there is one single person who crochetes or knits that have finished every single project, it's just not possible.

Besides it is a fall/winter project fo rme, it's the only time I can sit down in the evenings.

"GATOR'S EAT BOOGERS"Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  4:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

OK luv, I had finished 2 adult hats and working on my 3rd.

And you have accomplished ____________________??????????????????????????????????

Plus+++ I made it throught the yarn aisle at Wally World the first time and the 2nd time through got some camo thread. I did good though, only got 1 skein.

Mountain Yarn at Blairsville is having a 1 year anniversary sale and guess who can't get there this week?

Luke 6:27,28Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  5:54:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh nooooo. a sale on yarn and you cannot get there. grrrrr       send someone, call someone.big smile if i was there , i would go for you!         what am i working on?  zilch, zip, zero.   shoulder has been bothering me lately.  have to go to the ortho  on Monday for more injections.    

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  08:21:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well you tell the ortho guy that you don't have time to be out with a bum shoulder, you got crocheting to do. It won't be long until the holidays and us "frugal handcrafters" have to get started.

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  11:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lionbrand has some new yarns out.   have you tried any?    the cotton ones look really nice online.   i haven't seen any in person.   we do not have any good yarn stores here.   i think all of the good crafters have move out of herebig smile

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  09:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

You need to go online and sign up to receive the free Coats & Clark catalog from Herrschners.
It's all crochet. The link on the catalog is coatscollection.com

It is packed full of yarn selections, colors and kits. I had mine in the recycle box and was standing looking at it while waiting on them to open up and got inspired again. I'm ready to crochet some ponchos. I like to look through the catalog and get ideas for color matches and projects. I actually found a kit I am going to order. You can't beat it for the book and the yarn. All I provide is the crochet hook.

Openwork Wrap
http://www.herrschners.com/products/sku-232708.html">

Openwork Wrap

Versatile design from Melissa Leapman is perfect for dressy occasions, but also great for jeans. Easy-to-crochet kit includes label for personalization, Red Heart® Light & Lofty® yarn, yarn needle, and Easy Style instruction booklet with 10 additional patterns. Available in your choice of Plum (shown), Puff, and Antique Blue colors. Approx. 24 x 68" (61 x 173cm). Size N-15 (10mm) hook recommended. Made in U.S.A.

Item #: DE232708

Our Price:

$29.99

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  09:27:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Do you think that with your shoulder probelms that you could use the knitting loom?

Wal-mart has the whole kit for $11.98. You can do 'boggins, scarves and panels for afghans.

Knit Wit Round Looms, Set of 4
http://www.herrschners.com/products/sku-012100.html">

Knit Wit Round Looms, Set of 4

Set of 4 includes 5-1/2", 7-1/2", 9-1/2", and 11-1/2" round plastic looms with hook and instructions. Approx. 1-3/4"H.

snowflake

109 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  10:34:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do an awful lot of crocheting and stained glass work hobby not proffesional at either one ..I bought a new software package on ebay that allows me to scan pictures into my computer, transfer them over to my rapid-resizer software for paterns. It's great you can make a patern for either one crochet or glass, probably cross stitch too with this. I paid $15.00 bucks for it.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  10:41:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Snowflake, that sound great.

Do you do the cut stained glass of the painted stained glass?

Please send me a link to the software, it sounds interesting.

snowflake

109 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  10:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do the cut stained glass..just learning, practicing but it's fun I can't crochet like I want to with this darn arthritis in my fingers..getting older...if you want to borrow my software say the word and I will run it over to the farmers market and you can burn you a copy.Or load my copy in your computer it takes allot of memory you might just want to burn a copy..let me know!

My 28 yr old baby just informed me I can burn copies on my computer he is going to walk me thru it...I'll bring you one to the farmers market saturday...have a great day all I'v got work to do!

Edited by - snowflake on 09/12/2007 10:49:20 AMGo to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy, that sure does sound interesting, Snowflake.  Honeybee, thanks for sharing the info on the round looms.  i think i will order from wally and give it a try.     something new to learn and enjoy.

Go to Top of Page

snowflake

109 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:22:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok...my intelligent son has informed me burn a copy is the wrong word..needless to say if I had not had a child I would still be stumbling around in the dark without a clue how to get from point a to point b, thank God I have him to keep me focused....anyway honeybee I'll get you a copy of my software to the farmers market.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  3:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Darn, I won't be there Saturday, we have a soccer game at 12:00.

Just hang on to it and I will get up with you when I am town again.

Thanks for the offer and how did we ever make it without our children helping us. smile

My 22 yr old gives me advice on how to raise my 13 year old daughter. ROFLMBO

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  4:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

LINKS

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/how-to-loom-knit.html#patterns Bev's loom patterns

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/baby.html#Bev%27s%20ABC%20Baby%20Hat
bev's crochet and knitting patterns

http://www.myhq.com/public/c/r/crochetpoet/ ton's of patterns

http://www.craftbits.com/home.do cool stuff and crochet too

http://www.anniesattic.com/?source=talkingcrochet free pattern everyday only online for 24 hours before they switch it so print it out.

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  3:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the links, HB.    Well, I took out the new cotton yarn that I bought at the going out of business sale at the Rag Shop.    I am just going to work on some small , quick and easy things with the cotton.   It did not seem to bother the shoulder too much.  I am going to Wally world tomorrow and see if they have the looms.   I could not find it on their website.  Thanks for getting me inspired. 

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  4:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well you know we have to keep the yarn economy stimulated.

Topic is 5 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy