New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 6 visitors.
BoeBro Ventures, Inc. and Blairsville.com does recommend or endorse any business or professions discussed by our members. You should consider the information provided as advice alone and consult as many sources as you can when choosing a business or person to provide a service.
 All Forums
 Hobbies and Crafts
 Callin All Yarn Addicts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 5
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
murphy

USA
518 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  12:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit murphy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks it was the chain 3 that I was forgetting. I was trying to do it with just slip stitching in a chain one. I was not getting a picot. thank you honey bee

If you are Lucky enough to live in the Mountains...You are Lucky enough...Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  12:46:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When i crochet on the fleece blankets and do a edge, I keep it simple by single crocheting in the same hole 3 times. Sometimes skipping every other stich. It look sgood for a boy blanket, not as frilly.

Glad to help.

Edited by - HoneyBee on 03/09/2007 12:47:15 PMGo to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  6:37:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all,
i just wanted to tell you that now that we have purchased property there and felt how nippy it was in Dec, i decided to try crocheting a scarf. it came out pretty good, since i have never done a scarf before. so , i also made one for my sister, since they are moving up with us.
now, i am having a problem with making a nice hat that will keep my head warm.Go to Top of Page
HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  6:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can borrow my knit a round. It makes a knitted hat easier than crocheting one.

You can order them online or get them at Wal-Mart.

If you want to crochet one I can get you an easy pattern if you like.

Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  7:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
honeybee,
thanks. yes a pattern would be great. i have tried one, but i stopped because i could tell it would be too small and did not want to waster anymore yarn.

i am going to check out wally world maybe tomorrow.
thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  7:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DON"T GO INTO THE YARN AREA!!!

It will just suck you in and after touching all of it you will leave with a buggy full. You will have no idea what you are going to do with it, you just know you need it.

They have the knit a rounds there, but they are 4 to a package. You can order them individually online, if you wan tjust one. As a matter of fact joanns.com is having an awesome online or in store sale.

Will look for my easy crochet hat pattern for you.

Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  09:43:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know, i get sucked in all the time. Not, to mention when i get a 40% off coupon for the Ragshop. I don't know if you have that there , but boy it sure is dangerous. what to do with all that left over yarn! When i come home, hubby says "more yarn?"
it is a sickness!

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  10:14:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a sickness, an ADDICTION!
Never heard of the ragshop.
Good luck in your quest today.

Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  6:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honeybee,
i should have gone to wally-world instead of the mall today. spent too much money. you are right, it is an addiction. i don't know about you, but, i have sooooo much yarn i do not need. that is why i do squares for "warm up america".

can't wait to move up so that i can plant tulips.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  8:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I make hats and sell them at craft shows and last year I donated 17 to the homeless babies at Grady Hospital.

Gonna keep it closer to home this year.

I have a old wooden toy box and a large plastic container of yarn, I mean one of the big containers.

I just love the colors and textures and when I see that yarn I get all these big ideas.

I live out toward the state line behind Poteete's, maybe we can get together when you get up this way and crochet something.

I guess there is worse things you could be addicted to.

Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  8:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would love to get together , crochet or plant stuff

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  09:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you ever been to the Annie's Attic link?
They offer a free pattern everyday adn it's only on there for that day.

Here's the page link http://www.anniesattic.com/

Sometimes it's pretty easy stuff and sometimes it's hard, I check it everyday, and actually found a cute pattern to make a hat that looks like candy corn and they sold quite well at the craft show. Even had some special orders to ship when I got them made.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  10:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is another link that you can get a free newsletter monthly, it has some seasonal free patterns and some pay for patterns also

The newsletter sign-up link is http://www.crochetmemories.com/newsletter.php

And the home page is
http://www.crochetmemories.com/

Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  6:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks, great sites.

the ragshop is similar to michael's. lot of crafts.
i am going to check out JoAnn for the knit thingy.
thanks again. happy crocheting!!

Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  6:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
honeybee,
i just went to the joann.com and become confused with all the knit looms. please help

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  6:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The blue one makes preemie size hats.
The red one work for newborns and babies.
The green one is for kids.
The yellow one is for big kids and adults.

Lilred, my daughter hunts with her daddy and I made a camo one on the yellow, only I didn't tie the top up. She pulls it over her head adn then back up to her face and tucks in in her camo jacket. So it covers her head and neck but her face is exposed.

Did you get the 50% offer they are giving on the web site?

I mostly make the red ones, for babies, they sell really good at the craft shows.

You can get all 4 sizes plus the hook and needle at wally world for $11.95.

Here is a link to instructions http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/how-to-loom-knit.html

and patterns http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/how-to-loom-knit.html#patterns

Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  09:45:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
honeybee,
thank you for the links. i found a really easy hat pattern on the bev link. i started a sample last night with some of my yarn stash. looks like it will work out very nicely, sooooo i have to go buy some new yarn for the hats. would not be right to use old yarn, now would it?

you said Poteete's. what did you mean? seems like there is quite a lot of Poteete.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  1:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I COULDN'T EVEN IMAGINE STARTING A NEW PATTERN WITH OLD YARN, even if it still had the wrapper on it.

Heads towards the state line (NC), it's the last red light on 19/129, you turn left to go to the lake and the dam, turn right to go to my house. Billy & Barbara used to have their store where Granny's Attic is (the old white building) then they built the new store and car wash. Later they sold it but such as us old mountain folks go, it will alway's be Poteete's store.

It took me forever to get Domino's to realize that Beaver's store may be the Texaco but to us old timers it will always be Beaver's, they now acknowledge that.

3 things to remember if you get caught "Don't complain, don't explain, and for sure, don't ever confess!"Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  3:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok. i knew where Granny's attic is. Isn' there also a small restaurant next to that?
There is a Dollar store on the right side of 129 , right?

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  4:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's it!

3 things to remember if you get caught "Don't complain, don't explain, and for sure, don't ever confess!"Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  6:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Learning a baby bootie pattern.
Really easy but definately requires attention.

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  6:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am sure it require attention, but oh soooo cute when finished.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  09:13:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finished my first pair of booties and they are a little big, but I have the pattern figured out now.

Have already started modifying the pattern and changing it to something different.

I am going to put some fur like yarn around the top of the cuff to finishe them off.

All in all, I did pretty well

Will post a picture when I get a chance

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  2:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, that was fast. i love that fun fur. it is soo pretty. a little hard to work with for me. can't wait to see them.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  3:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I use it as a trim, I just thread a big eye needle and stitch it around the edge.

When I crochet with it I use regular matching yarn to give it body and to make it easier to track stitches. 2 strands, 1 regular yarn, 1 with fun fur.

The pattern for the booties was also on Bev's page under newbootie.html

Topic is 5 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy