New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 14 visitors.
BoeBro Ventures, Inc. and Blairsville.com does not provide legal advice or services. The information here is provided by Blairsville.com members and is not verified for truthfulness or accuracy. You should consult a legal professional regarding any legal issues.
 All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 2006 Tax Assessment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  3:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Commissioner Paris provided this link to a video created by the Association County Commissioners of Georgia (ACCG) that helps to explain the Property Tax Process <click>.

The video is 10 minutes long, is hosted by Richard Warner of Georgia Public Television, and covers:

• What you get from your taxes?

• What is the process for setting property taxes?

• What is a mill?

• How is the property tax bill calculated?

• Who are the players in the tax process?

• Where to go if questions or problems related to property taxes?

It's worth checking out to help demystify the property tax process.Go to Top of Page

Eddie

49 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  02:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alternative Tax Assessment Method

Go to www.uniongop.org and click on Property Tax Relief (left side of page)to read the two bills that were passed in Fannin County pertaining to property tax assessments. One pertains to County and the other pertains to School taxes. I have been told that these two bills passed with voter approval of over 80 percent. This is a non partisan issue that freezes you assessment on your home (primary or full time residence, not part time) until the day you sell or improve it. This method offers stability in assessments and any increases in tax revenues must therefore come from millage rate increases which are set by the Local Governing Authority and School system. This puts accountability for tax increases or decreases (yeah, right) on these two entites rather than the ability to blame "Rising Property Values" or State Dept. of Revenue. If over 80 percent of Fannin County voters liked it, then it is certainly merits looking into. Direct any questions to ucrpmail@yahoo.com.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  10:23:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I had known that buying 6 hens and a rooster was a property investment to make my land value almost triple, than I am going out of the chicken business. CAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY THING WE ADDED AND I HAVEN'T FIGURED OUT IF IT IS AN IMPROVEMENT OR NOT. Of course, the grass is greener in the chicken pen and the eggs are all natural and healthy, the rabbits enjoy getting out and hopping around with the chickens. STILL NOT ENOUGH OF AN IMPROVEMENT TO TRIPLE LAND VALUE.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music."
A. Monet
Go to Top of Page

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy