New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 9 visitors.
 All Forums
 Union County Schools
 Advice!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 5
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  12:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

i posted early on about bullies....i understand that moms are wired different than us men....i'm telling you the truth about how to handle a bully, whether they are big or small, in a position of authority or just want to be....controlled intimidation works with out of control adults very well...you can scoff if you want, perhaps this kind of thing comes easier for some but everyone responds to pain...whether physical or financial...have an inpromtu meeting with the offending teacher(just drop in) and explain in few words this how their action is unacceptable and will never happen again...if you cant do this, have someone do it for you

We just went through it recently with bullies, we did it all the right ways and it was harder on one of our 5th graders, so Kev looked at her and said, "You know the consequences of fighting, when the action is worth the consequences take care of it." Well sometime between then and now, it has ceased. I do not think there is a right or a wrong way, every case is different.

I agree.. totally.. SPECIALLY with the right or a wrong way part and every case being different.. 4 kids I have, and all 4 will take things totally opposite than the other.. I have one that would cry if someone said something mean.. one that would more than like take someone out with physical force, one that would laugh and one that would get ya back later.. in his own way,.... now these arent taught.. cause we ARE TRYING TO ENFORCE GOOD BEHAVIOR.. but lotsa bullys are also fallin in their " hero's" foot steps.. so it is all different cause everyone is different,.... it is NOT ALRIGHT TO BE BULLIED.. specially kids who are younger, smaller, and wanna intimidate a crowd.. Its just not right at all to bully.. at least not in my eyes..

Hitting has happened at school..... and I personally cant for the life of me figure out how the fights ever truly end.. so one whoops the others "tale", does this negotiate a friendship? Understanding that MY TURF IS MINE AND NANNER NANNER I RULE AND YOU DRULE?

I havent had to go to the school for fights between my kids with kids their age (yet, might have to one day GOD FORBID).. I had to go because my then Kindergarder got beat up by a then 6th grader during the afterschool program.. which they should not have even been unsupervised and within the same area at all..

"We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance."
Harrison Ford
I agree with him too..Go to Top of Page

Betsy

USA
439 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  1:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Betsy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope you handled that better then me, I would have flipped my top if my kindergarten got beat up by a 6th grader!!!! WOW. Our problem was one person in the same class as her, thankfully it has stopped. My other kids have never been bullied, WAIT-YET! Hope I did not just jinx them.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  1:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I handled it like this, my boy didnt participate in the after school program, and wont.. the girls did until last year... and I have heard that the program has improved majorly.. just not ready to put the kids back in to it tho.. its that once bitten - twice shy thing ya naw? He needed the after school help is why he was there but I guess he done ok with us helping him... he is doing great this year.

Hunny handled it through the principle and he likes and has much respect for the principle.. things I suppose were more of a chain of command thing.. of being handled.. so thats that, and Betsy, I hear ya... NO JINXING for you nor me..

"We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance."
Harrison Ford
I agree with him too..

Edited by - daughterofconfederate on 03/08/2008 1:36:07 PMGo to Top of Page

Topic is 5 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy