New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 4 visitors.

All Forums
 Local Arts and Entertainment
 Calling all Artists, Musicians, Writers...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
BoeBro Erik

USA
174 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  6:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit BoeBro Erik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We at BoeBro Ventures, Inc. (or Blairsville.com) would like to to expand the Blairsville.community and feature our local artists, musicians, writers, and other local talents. If you would like to have a free page featuring your work and information about yourself, please contact us at admin@blairsville.com.

Edited by - Mr Erik on 09/12/2006 6:56:56 PM

diane dyer

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  7:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have made no qualms about someone on here that is an Artist And Author. I hope he reads this so you can do a profile on him.

JMT DD

Go to Top of Page

BoeBro Erik

USA
174 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  7:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit BoeBro Erik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, and please let others in the community know, we'd love to be able to have representation for all of our towns talent - not just people who already post or visit.

Also, any art is welcome - photography, poetry, prose, scripts, sculpture, music in any form - as long as the person producing it is or was "local" to Blairsville.

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  7:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ummm Mr. Erik, Taylor 50/140 hasnt been on for a while because she recently transplanted to Blairsville and has been without the internet. She should be online soon though. She is a wonderful writer. Maybe you should check out her profile and homepages. It has some of her writings there. They are soooooo good.

Live to Ride. Ride to live.Go to Top of Page

spam4einstein

839 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  10:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are welcome to feature my wife and her dance studio. It aint paint on canvas, but definately the arts. The clogging is a genuinely regional art form. Definately more so than some rough paintings framed with old barnboards. LOL!

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  05:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have made no qualms about someone on here that is an Artist And Author. I hope he reads this so you can do a profile on him.
JMT DD

If you are referring to Scott Anna ( I think that is the spelling of his last name), he does read the fourm and does post. Mostly in the classified ads area. His forum name is Cabincritter.

It occurs to me that if, for some reason, he doesn't read this, then you could contact him and let him know. After all, that is the neighborly thang to do.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Favorite Sites:
www.anoteaboutmyself.com
www.bcmintl.org
Thoughts:
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering
and take without forgetting." -- Elizabeth BibescoGo to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  1:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SEPT. 21

Poets and writers reading poems and stories will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 21, in Keith House at John C. Campbell Folk School. Readers will be Janice Townley Moore and Jerry Hobbs. The public is invited, and there is no charge. Nancy Simpson is program leader.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  5:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're having the Georgia Potlickers up at the Walasi-Yi tomorrow night for the wedding reception. Can't wait to hear them. One of the fiddler players used to babysit my sister & I when we were little. Our parents were all in Jaycees together.

*I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe*Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  12:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr. Erik, Sammy Ensley ;)..

ALSO Roots and Branches? That would be awesome.. Mr. Ensley is a great historian too.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  5:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherry,

Have you been to any of the free Friday night concerts at the Folk School?

You need to get there very very early to get a seat!

They are awesome (and I never use the word "awesome" if I can help it).

Wildflower

Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me.
But deep down, I know that's not true.
Some of the smaller countries are neutral.
~Robert Orben
Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  1:16:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GOT TO UPDATE MY PAGES NOW!!
well, not now, cause I am at work, but now in the sense of right away.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music."
A. Monet
Go to Top of Page

femmeartist51

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  2:58:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I haven't been posting on the forum for along time. Amazed that I still knew my password. I am a local artist. Usually using pastels and oils also a combination of the two. What I have painted for years are portraits in pastels. I have just finished two paintings huge ones of horses. One a young colt and another of a mare with her colt. She is actually nursing her colt. I would be interested in the possibility of local artists having a way to promote our items. That would be neat. Thanks Lynda

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  10:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you want a link to an existing web page or information for one you want to create?

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music."
A. Monet
Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  3:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will someone contact cabin critter and tell him this:

There are 23 pieces of used split rail fence for sale for $30 in the blue ridge paper.

706-492-9342

Though you might like these for your picture frames.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

cabincritter

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  3:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit cabincritter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cherry. Will contact ASAP. Heading out to eat in a little bit to celebrate B-Day (tomorrow). Appreciate you looking out for me. scott

www.scottanna.com

...and thanks to the one who emailed me through my website and contacted me about this.

Edited by - cabincritter on 11/03/2006 3:34:29 PMGo to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy