New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 12 visitors.

All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Focusing on national topics on a local board
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  2:10:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote

We can't escape politics - we know that. It touches our lives every day, hour, and minute. But discussing national politics in a local forum takes away from the purpose of even having a locally-focused forum.

There's been a great many discussions back and forth that, while they had opinions being voiced by Blairsville-connected individuals, aren't really about Blairsville, or Union County. It doesn't help that the end result from all of this passionate posting is that nobody changed their minds on their stance.

We'd like to keep the conversations going on here to those directly tied to Blairsville and Union County. It distorts the usefulness of this board to allow it to be a political battleground for ideology and national issues. There are many other places to debate national politics. Another forum of note that may be of interest is http://www.itsallpolitics.com/ .

We've locked the topics that are the biggest examples of what we're referring to. Let's leave those where they lay and not resurrect them. And let's focus more on issues closer to home, where national party affiliation isn't a particularly good indicator of whether someone can do the job or not.

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  4:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good stance! :)

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  8:03:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very Much in Agreement with this!

" I live in my own little word. Everyone knows me there!"Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  12:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gee, every time I put up a post and hit "Post New Reply", a sign pops up saying . . .

"Thank you for your contribution."

And to think, Admin, that I took you at your word!

Wildflower

Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me.
But deep down, I know that's not true.
Some of the smaller countries are neutral.
~Robert Orben

Edited by - Wildflower on 08/22/2006 12:07:10 AMGo to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy