New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 11 visitors.
 All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Current voting results
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  08:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am confused about something. If there was only that many votes counted??? THERES MORE PEOPLE HERE THAN THAT IN UC? ISNT THERE? I THINK HUNNY SAID HE DID INDEED END UP VOTING? I was tired too so I coulda just thought that I heard him say that? But... I take it not everyone voted or?

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  08:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's right Doc. You've got people out there that say, 'oh, I'll just wait until November', or people who are on vacation & forgot to do the absentee. It's always like that in primaries. Not alot of people show up.

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  08:26:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gotchya. hmmmm

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  08:33:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm feeling guilty now, I had no idea where to vote, didn't even know the voting day was yesterday until I got on the net with ya'll, guess I should read the paper sometimes?

Either way my one vote would have been yes, but I personally don't care either way, I drive all over these mountains during the week and can purchase my beverages wherever along the way.....however I don't enjoy the price of paying for a drink when out unless it's a vacation or something. Brown baggins is much cheaper and I've personally never done that yet, except last halloween at monet's.

No reason to, if I'd like a drink I'll have it while at home and where I'm safe.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  08:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherry, that makes very much sence! :) And yes, it is safer at home and the mark up in restr. for a glass is sooo expensive that you could brown bag two bottles.lol of Boones I reckon but gosh its expensive. I aint crying over this either way myself but I did expect more voters than that, it sounded like everyone on earth was gonna vote and make their stand.. but ah.. it will come back around and come out the way its gonna again..

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  1:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The links were given on where to vote. Also, your neighbors know too.

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  2:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't think the votes were bought.

"Christianity is not a religion; it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."

I didn't want you to think bought the sense of a bribe. I meant that if the churches put up $48,000 & divided by the no vote, you get $15. & so odd cents. So, that's $15 per voter bought in a election.

Chris

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  2:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always disliked putting contentious issues to a vote during a primary because they always have abysmal turnouts, regardless of how important the vote becomes. Had this been during the general election, we might've seen a greater shift for either side. Perhaps Lamar would reconsider putting this to a vote again in 2008 in light of the miniscule margin.

Just like Plato said: "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."

Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  2:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As of November 2004, Union County has 11,490 registered voters. I assume that are more registered voters now, but I could not find the current number. So, a little more than 56% of registered voters turned out to vote. I think Chris is right. Had this issue been on the November ballot, the outcome might have been different.

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  3:02:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I do know that of the 600 or so city voters that only part of them still live inside the city limits. People rent homes or apartments and forget to change their addresses for voting when they move. I am surprised that only 45 turned out to vote but there are not 600 actual voters.

Live to Ride. Ride to live.Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy