New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 17 visitors.
 All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Current voting results
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  9:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With all precincts & absentee in:

Alcohol
Yes: 3199
No: 3248

BoE
Kelly: 1897
McCarter: 876

DA
Gunter: 2137
Hallman: 844

Shadow

This is my kirttimukha

Edited by - ShadowMan on 07/18/2006 10:35:36 PM

Edited by - ShadowMan on 07/18/2006 10:51:42 PM

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  10:09:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Shader!!! Keep us posted!

Go to Top of Page

knittygritty

121 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  10:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
6 Precincts in

1811 YES 1826 NO

Go to Top of Page

knittygritty

121 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  10:39:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

12 Precincts in

3199 YES 3248 NO

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  10:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes 3199 No 3248

12 of 12

That doesn't count absentee ballots, does it?

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  10:45:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shadow's first post says absentees. So, it seems to me that the "Yes" vote has won. I am actually surprised. I thought it would be very close but that it would not pass.
(I suppose this is another example of the forum beating the newspapers with the latest news. The NGN internet page does not yet show all the precincts.)

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  10:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NGN says it the other way around. Now, what's true??

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  10:47:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes: 3199 - No: 3248
It's backwards from what Shadow posted. Shadow!!! Don't mess with my head like that. I feel bi-polar. up, down, up, down....

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  10:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So all precincts are in? Except the absentees?

"Christianity is not a religion; it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  10:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry about that...was typing in on a little phone screen, and they're inconsistent in what numbers get called out first.

I wrote it down right, but fumbled it getting it typed in.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  10:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay...I think I want a drink now.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  10:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That includes all votes.

I figure with the amount spent by the 13 of the 14 "citizens", they spent $15 to buy that vote.
The "yes" person only spent .15 to buy that vote. Not bad for a new campaign manager!

AlphaDraconis

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  10:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit AlphaDraconis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A 49 person difference is close enough that Lamar could still feel safe in his re-election campaign if he moved forward with issuing the licenses.

After all, his greater promise is to the good of the community, and a 49 person majority doesn't clearly reflect the wishes of the community. Since this really was just a poll, and the margin of error on polls is greater than that - this one's a 50/50 tie.

Edited by - AlphaDraconis on 07/18/2006 11:04:01 PMGo to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  10:56:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, Fawn..........make that a double for me!!

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  11:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think the votes were bought. If so then I would say that it would of passed. If you really want the truth. I am very thankful that people followed their hearts in this vote. I had a shocker today, Two people that I know very well, who drink quite moderately voted No because they said they moved from it and didn't care to drive to get their own. They didn't want to see Blairsville become what they had come from. I look and respect these people in a whole different light now. But more than "money" of the "citizens" I believe...Well...All I am going to say is PRAISE THE LORD!

"Christianity is not a religion; it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  11:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with that reasoning of voting "NO". That only. I don't mind brown bagging, or driving 9 miles to the Citgo, or driving to Murphy or Ellijay for the hard stuff. It would bring the sprawl in that a lot of people don't want here. I personally don't.

knittygritty

121 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  11:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Native! Praise the Lord!!

Go to Top of Page

AlphaDraconis

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  11:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit AlphaDraconis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unplanned and uncontrolled development brings sprawl. New businesses, restaurants, and such bring jobs and revenue. They bring opportunities for the children of Blairsville to stay home, and not have to move away to find work. Sprawl and opportunity are different issues.

Go to Top of Page

Chris

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  11:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't call a 0.76% vote margin a mandate...so it looks like this issue is still unresolved. Maybe another vote in 2008 would give a stronger preference for either side.

Oh well. At least Cagle beat Reed. And I hope Cynthia McKinney gets booted.

Edited by - Chris on 07/18/2006 11:17:23 PMGo to Top of Page

Nikita04

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  11:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well,could the alcohol vote be back on the ballot for the election in November?

Go to Top of Page

Honoria

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  11:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, when you go to Gainesville, drive over to the PetsMart and between there and the Home Depot there's a great package store. LOTS of variety in the hard stuff and some pints and 'airline' sizes if you just want to taste something.

It's summer and Creme de Menthe or Creme de Cacao over vanilla ice cream is a wonderfully cool dessert after an evening meal.

And after mowing the lawn, nothing tastes as good as an ice cold beer.

49 people will keep Towns County solvent since they count on the sale of beer and wine to provide them with 40% of their budget. So, every time you use gasoline up to drive over to Towns County, just think of all the good you're doing by helping them meet their budget.

There's always a silver lining, isn't there.

I think some ice cream with Creme de Menthe would be nice right now.
Honoria
(Who hasn't even been tipsy since 1969 and probably wouldn't have had one drink that day had her husband not been out cheating on her.) (Does cheating qualify as a reason to get tipsy?)

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  11:37:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1969? LOL! Honoria, I dont know who in the world you are, or let me put it this way, I dont know the cover up name you're using but you confused me more than anyone on here! I am easily confused but you are MIGRAINE CONFUSING! LOL! And Reason for getting tipsy? I'd say most have yeah! No excuse but Ummm Probably so! (although there was this one time that .........nah...Different topic/Different Story!)

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  11:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
example of the forum beating the newspapers with the latest news.

All for naught if the news is wrong, though. Still, it demonstrates the potential and the strengths of online, near-real-time communication ability.

Both newspapers were there and not only thinking about printing the numbers in the paper, but also publishing the numbers online on their respective websites.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

Honoria

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  08:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

1969? LOL! Honoria, I dont know who in the world you are, or let me put it this way, I dont know the cover up name you're using but you confused me more than anyone on here! I am easily confused but you are MIGRAINE CONFUSING! LOL! And Reason for getting tipsy? I'd say most have yeah! No excuse but Ummm Probably so! (although there was this one time that .........nah...Different topic/Different Story!)

Native Lady, I'm not 'outing' myself, but I am retiring very soon. I wasn't planning on staying in Georgia, but since I have made so many friends here (some drink and some do not), I'm considering sticking around, at least for the next General Election.

I've teased so much about alcohol that I have a reputation of being a lush. Other than the Creme de Menthe on the vanilla ice cream last night, the last time I drank anything was the beer I had when the Admin closed down the "alcohol by the drink" topic. One beer and then when I went to bed, I quickly fell asleep.

Honoria
-- nearly retired and a member of the "Perpetual Vacation"

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  08:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hee, hee. I had a vision last night & I now know who Honoria is. Welcome back & did you like your sign I put next to your hand made one?
If any petition goes around, I'll sign & have lots more friends to help.

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  08:17:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is funny, no one even mentions who our governor is?? But whoever, i will drink to that!!

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy