New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 8 visitors.

All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Red signs or blue?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  5:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is in your neighborhood??

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  5:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nary a sign on my street.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  6:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just got the first one, a red one, the other day. Actually signs are not allowed in the neighborhood, but no one will say anything.

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  6:45:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is only one sign on our street and it's blue. No it's not at my house. I wont vote no just because I dont drink.

Live to Ride. Ride to live.Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  7:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No signs here, they're not allowed.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  7:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign...RED!!!

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  7:38:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I felt like putting a red sign right next to a 10 commandments sign! "thou shall not steal"!

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

justamom

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  10:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maddy, that's pretty funny!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  01:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blue signs in almost every yard out this way but mine. The kids left their bat in the front yard for a few days.. it was a sign that I shoulda picked it up the first day I saw it :).lol

I hadnt seen a red sign as of yet but would really like to because from the way it looks, theres blue signs everywhere.. just no signs in my yard.. no blue or red.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  09:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My MIL had a blue sign placed on the bank next to our pasture, but like the others she had placed there and at the end of our driveway...someone decided it needed to be removed.
I didn't notice it missing until Sunday evening. IF I had been able to get more of them blue signs and had the time to do so, I would have lined 'em up along the fence line and connected them to the fence...electric fence that is. I am sooo sick and tired of people coming onto OUR property and STEALING!!
My Aunt has a blue sign...the thieves left it, but placed broken, jagged edged beer bottles behind the rear tires of her car...and then proceeded to litter her driveway and that of an elderly couple WHO DO NOT EVEN DRIVE, with more broken beer bottles. There is absolutely no call for this type of behaviour!!
Those that are placing the signs...Blue or Red, on THEIR PROPERTY, are not hiding from the world how they feel. The same definitely can't be said for the LOWLIFES that are sneaking around in the dark of night and taking them.

~*Topaz*~Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  09:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess we will know something tonight or tomorrow!!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  09:28:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

My MIL had a blue sign placed on the bank next to our pasture, but like the others she had placed there and at the end of our driveway...someone decided it needed to be removed.
I didn't notice it missing until Sunday evening. IF I had been able to get more of them blue signs and had the time to do so, I would have lined 'em up along the fence line and connected them to the fence...electric fence that is. I am sooo sick and tired of people coming onto OUR property and STEALING!!
My Aunt has a blue sign...the thieves left it, but placed broken, jagged edged beer bottles behind the rear tires of her car...and then proceeded to litter her driveway and that of an elderly couple WHO DO NOT EVEN DRIVE, with more broken beer bottles. There is absolutely no call for this type of behaviour!!
Those that are placing the signs...Blue or Red, on THEIR PROPERTY, are not hiding from the world how they feel. The same definitely can't be said for the LOWLIFES that are sneaking around in the dark of night and taking them.

~*Topaz*~

And these actions of people are what gives others the bad end of the deal and the reasons for people to vote no.

I can totally understand a NO VOTE just as much as a Yes Vote.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  10:18:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Topaz, that's just wrong & mean. It's going both ways with the signs. It's sad that people have to feel threatened by a sign & have to feel that need to steal it or toss it to the side. There was a political guy who just got arrested for stealing his opponents signs. They got him on video tape!!!

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  12:45:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is so strange. When we got our first vette, people poured coke on it and put glass behind the tires, no matter where we parked, something was done to it. What is wrong with people??

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  12:51:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Red sign in our neighborhood...

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  2:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll pick them up and keep the post for future events! Of course, I saw more realtor pointer signs that no & yes signs.

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  5:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If people can't deal with a sign, then they must be against the "American Way" and the Constitution.

They don't believe in free speech.

No surprise in a way. The majority of people back then didn't even want independence from England. It's always a very small group that agitates to get anything done in this world.

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  5:22:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If people can't deal with a sign, then they must be against the "American Way" and the Constitution.

They don't believe in free speech.

No surprise in a way. The majority of people back then didn't even want independence from England. It's always a small group that agitates to get anything done in this world.

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

Honoria

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  9:48:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I put up Yes signs before it was popular to do so.

I got REALLY upset that there were blue signs. WHY have signs anyway?

Did a Sign cause you to vote yes or no?

It just says "A Yes Person Lives Here" or "A No Person Lives Here."

First it's gun control, then it's alcohol control. What's next?

Honoria
"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms." (And alcohol?)

Guess who said that.

Hitler

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  9:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw a handmade "yes" sign that was pretty cool. I even put up a bought one next to it! It was funny because it had a Stan sign with it too!!

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  11:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I shall take mine down tomorrow evening. Very carefully!

"Christianity is not a religion; it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy