New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 11 visitors.

All Forums
 Downtown Revitalization Program
 Promotion Committee information
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Previous Topic  
Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  11:29:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Regular monthly meetings for this committee are scheduled for 2nd Monday of the month at 7:00pm, in the original (smaller) UCB community room.

The next scheduled meeting will be held on Monday, July 10.

Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  11:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A special events meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, July 11 at 2:00pm at Papa's Pizza on the Square.

The purpose of our special events meeting is to develop work plans for two rapidly approaching downtown events:
* "Southeastern Bluegrass Festival" (Sept. 22 & 23) and
* "Hometown Halloween on the Square" (Oct. 31).

Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  2:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The next regular monthly meeting for the Promotion committee will be held August 14th, at 7:00pm.

Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  8:50:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's a flyer out now for the Bluegrass Festival, to be held on the Square on September 22nd and 23rd. Click on the link for more info:

http://blairsville.com/news/articles/200608/bluegrassfest.asp

Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  8:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Updated information about the Bluegrass Festival that's coming in September is now available. Use the same link to read all about it:

http://blairsville.com/news/articles/200608/bluegrassfest.asp

Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  1:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Downtown Revitalization program and the Downtown Development Authority, in addition to the Union County Historical Society and local businesses' sponsorship and participation, worked hard to bring last night's Hometown Halloween on the Square to our beautiful downtown centered around the historic courthouse.

In this event, as with the Bluegrass Festival, the response from the community was tremendous. Thanks go our to each of you that helped make this event the success it was - both organizers and attendees alike.

As I made my way through the crowds last night, I kept hearing people greeting each other as they came across family members, acquaintances, former schoolmates, or church members. I was struck at how reminiscent this scene (less the crowds) must have been in decades past, when downtown was a destination - as a place of commerce, as a place of serving law, as a place of congregating.

As we've jumped into our cars so that we can get to many more places much, much faster, it bears remembering that we've lost something in the process. The Downtown Revitalization program isn't just about patching up building facades or adding beautification projects. It's also about bringing back the sense of community that was the mainstay of rural towns. These two events I think have done well to remind us just how much community is already here.

There are pictures of the Halloween preparations located here: http://blairsville.com/glimpses/halloweenprep2006.php
Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  6:40:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mr. Bill, the pictures are great. I really like the slideshow feature; however, I was wondering if the timing can be slowed down a bit?

Hopefully, there will be some pics of the event later on.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Favorite Sites:
www.anoteaboutmyself.com
www.bcmintl.org
Thoughts:
(paraphrased from a sign in our office)
"Everyone brings joy to this site. Some when they come in. Others when they leave."Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy