New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 66 visitors.
 All Forums
 Weather!
 Hurricane Season 2006
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  11:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 11:00 advisory looks a little better tonight. The center of it is still over Cuba and the longer it stays there the more it will tear apart (the storm has been in the high mountains all day and not a threat to people). We got the hard shutters put up this afternoon (the ones that Gray has to go up on a ladder for) and put some of the patio shutters up. We can still go in and out. We still have to get the patio furniture moved inside.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

oldman

USA
1849 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  01:31:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hurricane Ernesto.... Come right up the centeral-east coast of Florida by Wed.I'm approxmately 15 west of Kennedy Space Center and it's a mad house here,average wait for gas 1-2 hours,water is flying off the shelfs,batteries are almost gone every one running around like chicken little,I'm just sitting back and enjoying the view.They will roll the shuttle off the launch pad some time on Tuesday?I think? the 72 chiefs and one indian are pondering on that as I type.Batten down the hatches where in for a "blow"...

udvsanvhi-W-wesaGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  06:18:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, looks like there is some strengthing going on. Ernesto is off the coast of Cuba, heading to the southern tip of Florida (meaning the upper Keys, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, etc). Looks like he may be a strong TS or a Cat 1 Hurricane when he pays his visit to Florida. Course, there is the possibility that the warm (88 degree) water between Cuba and Florida may make the strengthing much faster and stronger...we will have to see as the day goes on.

Rouge, get your beer supply cold. Oldman, protect the shuttle. Joy, I do take them seriously.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Favorite Sites:
www.anoteaboutmyself.com
www.bcmintl.org

Edited by - GrayEagle on 08/29/2006 06:19:48 AMGo to Top of Page

honeybear

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  07:41:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The good thing is 'we're in Blairsville". The bad thing is, we can't board up even if we wanted to, we're too far away. so we're keeping our fingers crossed and praying this one will NOT be another Frances or Jeanne. We've just finished recovering from those 2!
to all of you down there, we're thinking about you. Nobody knows better than us what stress these things are getting to be.
God bless!

"Live well, Love often, Laugh a whole bunch!"Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  1:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes and we dont need an storm in helen either.

"swiss snakes on an swiss plane"
Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  2:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are in a waiting mode now. We have had some feeder bands come through and a little rain and wind but nothing bad...yet.

oldman

USA
1849 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  2:19:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dang the hurricane not even here yet and I've been with out power for almost 2 hours.The shuttle is safe I think?Looks like we will get heavy rain 4-8 inches an hour and up too 50 mph gusts.I'm on the East side of it,unless it changes direction.I've been in this county since 76 and this makes 10 or so I've gone threw,as you age you get wiser"I think us" That's why I'm looking up your way for a roof over my head.Nothing in Florida too keep me here,the storms are more frequent and bigger as the years go along.They say this year do too the high pressure and heat over the south east it shoves the stroms futher out in the atlantic?I have no idea if this is BS or truth........:)

tampa1

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  3:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best wishes to all my neighbors in So. Fla. For those who are interested in Bville, look at NBC6.net gives you a good idea of what they are going through. I hope it goes east, away from Tampa.

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  4:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NBC6 is the station that we watch. I think that they give the best coverage.

As for the shuttle: I was watching the NASA channel for a while earlier this afternoon and the shuttle was being moved back to the VAB.

I just checked NASA channel and it is still moving back.

We still have our power...for now.

We will try to keep you updated as long as we have power.

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  4:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just found out that space shuttle Atlantis is being moved BACK to the launch pad! Go figure! Five hours into the 12 hour journey, it was decided that the winds of Ernesto would not be strong enough to damage the space craft.

oldman

USA
1849 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  12:52:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah a first for Nasa,almost 3 miles down the road they turned around,not really the crawler transporter know as the "Crawler" has two cabs on either end.So they stopped walked the 130 feet too the other end climb about a story and half up into the other cab and went from their.Back too the launch pad,it got too the surface of the pad at 7pm,and was sitting on the 6 pedistals by 9pm,they rotated the surface structure back into place just after 11pm tonight.Not being a smart xss,I just work their and have my laugh......It's like watching 14 men standing around filling a pot hole!!

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  05:22:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, Couldn't sleep wondering what Ernesto was doing, Still hasn't arrived in Palm Beach county, but I don't think it will be too bad, Maybe it's just me, but i always thought Max Mayfield was near 70 years old, I was shocked when I read he was only 57. Stressful job I guess.

...KISS....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  07:06:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Good morning all, Couldn't sleep wondering what Ernesto was doing, Still hasn't arrived in Palm Beach county, but I don't think it will be too bad, Maybe it's just me, but i always thought Max Mayfield was near 70 years old, I was shocked when I read he was only 57. Stressful job I guess.
...KISS....
Rouge

MAX 70 YEARS OLD??!! Nahhhhh, but he really is a wonderful guy and has a wonderful wife and family! I hated it when they left our church, but understand why.

Looks like the storm was missed forcasted by everyone. It didn't gain any of the strength back that was expected. I am so glad they missed this one!

We are still under a Tropical Storm Warning this morning. The TS center/eye is/was located in the NW corner of Miami-Dade and Broward counties. We are still getting wind and rain from this critter. I will be taking down the shutters today. At least most of them.

GrayEagle
Favorite Sites:
www.anoteaboutmyself.com
www.bcmintl.org
Thoughts:
"Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully."
Cited on Andychaps The FunniesGo to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  1:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
is ernesto gone? my german news say that. anything allright?

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  1:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ernesto is not gone. The 11 am advisory showed that the eye was west of Rouge (Palm Beach County). We are getting the back side of the storm now. It is still windy and rainy here. Ernesto was downgraded to a tropical depression so Gray had to go into work at noon.

I got 3 of the bird feeders back out this afternoon. The birds broke one of them yesterday. After Gray filled it the birds were swarming on it and I guess the weight of the birds made it fall apart. Gray either has to fix it or get a new one.

I'm going to call Amici's later this afternoon to see if they are open so we can go for our anniversary dinner tonight.

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  2:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
happy anniversary, looks they where to fast here say its history.

Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  3:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We now have Tropical Storm Florence

....KISS.......

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  12:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This new hurricane is heading straight for Bermuda. Wouldnt it be cool if it got sucked up in the Bermuda Triangle and just disappeared. LOL That would be one for the books.

Live to Ride. Ride to live.Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  4:19:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Naaaaa, to weak. Just a cat 2 or maybe a cat 2. Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy. But it WOULD be one for the books if it did!!

GrayEagle
Favorite Sites:
www.anoteaboutmyself.com
www.bcmintl.org
Thoughts:
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering
and take without forgetting." -- Elizabeth BibescoGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2006 :  7:15:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tomorrow is the end of Hurricane Season 2006.

Rouge, time to eat your stored SPAM and drink your emergency supply of beer. Gotta have new, fresh supplies for Hurricane Season 2007!

I'm eating our cans of Chef Boy-R-Dee for lunch (yummy ), veinna sausages, tuna and some other stuff. When you are out of power, or have limited power, easy to fix or eat cold sure is good. Now it is time to rotate the supplies!

Only six more months until it all starts again.

GrayEagle
Favorite Sites:
www.anoteaboutmyself.com
www.bcmintl.org
Thoughts:
"Those who do not care enough to bleed and die for what they hold dear will always be held hostage by those who do." From "The DMZ" by Jeanette WindleGo to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy