New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 72 visitors.
 All Forums
 Weather!
 Hurricane Season 2006
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  12:17:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked through all 14 pages of topics and I guess the other Hurricane Season 2006 was deleted.

Anyway, today is the official start of Hurricane season 2006. May we all pray that this year isn't as bad and the last two years!

Joyfulringer

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  05:00:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Only 180 days left for this season!

GrayEagle
Your Choice. Make today a wonderful Day!Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  9:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What are the weather pundits saying about this season, Gray? Have they made any predictions about the type of season expected?

Shadow

This is my kirttimukha

Edited by - ShadowMan on 06/01/2006 9:16:55 PMGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  9:40:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NOAA announced that a very active hurricane season is looming. "For the 2006 north Atlantic hurricane season, NOAA is predicting 13 to 16 named storms, with eight to 10 becoming hurricanes, of which four to six could become 'major' hurricanes of Category 3 strength or higher," added retired Navy Vice Adm. Conrad C. Lautenbacher, Ph.D., undersecretary of commerce for oceans and atmosphere and NOAA administrator.
END QUOTE Complete story from NOAA

This is above average, but below what we had last year. I heard on the radio today, but don't remember the source, that the city that has the highest percentage (35 I think) of being hit with a hurricane this year is....drum roll.....New Orleans! Miami did not "even" make the top 5 (PTL)!

GrayEagle
Your Choice. Make today a wonderful Day!

Edited by - GrayEagle on 06/01/2006 9:41:46 PMGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  05:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Max Mayfield, director of the National Hurricane Center, wants everyone to be aware of the dangers of hurricanes. No matter how many or how few we have it only takes ONE if it passes over your house. He is concerned that, even after Wilma, a lot of folks down here do not have a Hurricane Plan. (We do!)

Simple things to get ready.
Hurricane shutters
Three days of food and water for each family member (and pets)
Evacuation Plan (Where and when ya gonna go)
Emergency power
30 day supply of medicines
Important papers protected
Cars with more than a half tank of gas (full is better!)
First Aid Kit

You would think most of these are common sense things. What made me so mad last year after Wilma, was the day after folks were lined up to get emergency food and ice. AND WERE UPSET BECAUSE IT WASN'T AVAILABLE RIGHT THEN! HELLO, they are sppose to have three days of their own food to take care of THEMSELVES while the emergency teams could get set up.

We never lost water (PTL) but folks were lined up to get FREE water! Discusting.

Sorry, I got to rambling. Too many people feel the GOVERNMENT should be taking care of them. BULL!

GrayEagle
Your Choice. Make today a wonderful Day!Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  08:10:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just so Rouge doesn't get upset here, there really should be beer added to it!
It's people who have the mentality of, "it's not going to happen to us" & then they don't get stocked up.

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  10:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 4th named storm of the season became a TS today. TS Debby is projected to pass to the east of Bermuda. Unless Debby makes a hard left, she should miss the US mainland!

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  4:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Max Mayfield, Director of the National Hurricane Center in Miami, announced today that he would be retiring from the NHC in January 2007. Max has done a wonderful job. Thank you, Max Mayfield, we who know you are sad to see you go.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Favorite Sites:
www.anoteaboutmyself.com
www.bcmintl.orgGo to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  5:16:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hadn't heard that about Max. He has been a WONDERFUL director.

TS Ernesto became a TS today. The lower Keys are still on the edge of the cone of concern.

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  5:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like it's headed to Texas. Hide Dawg!

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  05:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning..

Gray, Great new hurricane site for us on the coast.

www.sfwmd.gov
Click on weather & water conditions
Click on hurricane info
Click on hurricane forecast ,,tracks, plots, & more

......KISS......

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  07:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks interesting! I will have to check it out more when I get home. Thanks!

GrayEagle
Favorite Sites:
www.anoteaboutmyself.com

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  2:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
see another one is on its way to fl...stay prepared!

"swiss snakes on an swiss plane"
Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  4:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The good news is that Hurricane Ernesto has been downgraded to a TS. The bad news is that the path has changed and the center of the cone is now going over the lower Keys Tuesday evening! Since Miami is only about 153 or so miles from Key West, that means that we are going to be getting some of it. It has already hit Haiti and the hope is that when it hits the mountains in eastern Cuba that it will break apart. That is a BIG hope!

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  5:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sounds not good for your cable tv nascar watch.

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  10:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like the hurricane will be hitting in the Tampa area. Tamp1 you guys be safe and keep us posted. Rouge is your supply replenished for this one?

Live to Ride. Ride to live.Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  05:11:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like the shutters go up today. Rouge, hope your beer supply is stocked.

GrayEagle
Favorite Sites:
www.anoteaboutmyself.com

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  06:44:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like they've projected a class 1, after it hits Cuba. Let's pray it stays that way or goes back to the TS status.
Y'all be safe & head up here if need be.

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  08:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like we're going to get it! The center of the cone is now going over Miami! UGH!!

Hope that it STAYS a TS. Don't worry Roger. It is hitting us in the middle of the week. No NASCAR on Wednesday. Just hope the satelitte dish stays put.

Gray is coming home at 2 today to put up shutters!

tampa1

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  08:54:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looks like Ernesto will go thru the middle of the state, more on the east coast. We still are coming up, just have to figure if we are leaving Wednesday night or Thursday am. Just have to watch and wait, but looks like Tampa is lucky again. Paprclip22mom, thank you for the safe note. We are pumped up about getting up there! All our fans are turned on and pointed east to blow the storm away.
John

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  12:42:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A hurricane watch has been extended up to New Smyrna Beach (that includes Rouge) and Dade, Broward and Monroe (Keys) counties have been told to put shutters up. I have been trying to clean off our back covered patio this morning so that Gray can get to the shutters for the kitchen window and the family room patio door.

I HATE HURRICANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  12:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
at least you got your nascar.

hear from an knifemaking friend in amelia island its HOT! so maybe the rain is needed. make the best out of it.

you have mail joy.

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  2:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checked my mail Roger. There is nothing from you. Send it again.

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  3:06:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
...its resended...

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  3:31:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got it and you have mail back.

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  5:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rouge, come out from under your bed & tell us you're okay! need ice?

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy