New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 48 visitors.

All Forums
 Weather!
 Weather and Quiz
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
honeybear

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  2:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! Ok now you guys have us worried. Gina and Ricky and I went to take the Quiz about Blairsville, and it told us that Blairsville gets the most precipitation??? We all thought that was Seattle! So do you guys get rained on like 1 out of 2 days???
PLEASE tell me that isn't so!

Live well, Love often, Laugh a whole lot!

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  2:31:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, that is not so!!

Go to Top of Page

spam4einstein

839 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  3:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rainy days arent that many, It does tend to rain alot when it does, so that kind of makes it seem like it rains alot when you look at the total percip for the year. That make any sense?

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  3:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a surprising fact. A breakdown of annual precipitation (in inches) for you for the cities listed in the quiz, plus Atlanta:

London, England: 23
Seattle, WA: 38
Tampa, FL: 45
Death Valley, CA: 2
Atlanta, GA: 49

And Blairsville, GA : 57-58
(as measured at the Georgia Mountain Experiment Station, just south of town)

They also show that we have about 143 rainy days a year. I agree with Spam4 though - it doesn't feel like that many.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

honeybear

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  4:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the info. Yes, that makes sense and it makes me feel a little better. Didn't like thinking we were moving where it rained every other day. It doesn't sound like it's so bad as all that. For me, it doesn't bother too much. Give me a good book, a warm fire, and I'm golden! My hubby wouldn't like it too much though. He's not the "staying indoors type".
I'll be sure to let Gina and Ricky know this. They were a little worried.

"Live well, Love often, Laugh a whole bunch!"Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  5:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It rained a couple of times today, but only for a few minutes! Now the sun is shining!

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  6:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Speaking of rain and such. I'm sure some of you remember Joy talking about how bad we need rain down here (Miami). Well, according to the weatherman on our NBC station, from Jan 1, 2006 to May 14, 2006 we had only about 2.4 inches. From May 15 to May 17 we had close to 2.5 inches of rain! Yes, in three days we had more rain than from Jan 1 to May 14!. During that three day period some parts of the county received 8-10 inches of rain.

We needed the rain and still do, BUT...there are still MANY houses down here with blue tarps covering their roofs. These are still left over from Hurrican Wilma! This rain and wind we had this week has really hurt some of those folks. The tarps are torn off and the rain pours in. Sometimes the ceiling falls when you don't expect it (do you ever expect your ceiling to fall) and it hits whoever is under it. Be it a small child or an adult.

Then there are the "roofing contractors" who promise to fix your roof, signs a "contract", takes your deposit, and the work is never started or completed if started. We have a lot of that going on down here.

I could go on, but that is enough for tonight.

GrayEagle
Christ is Risen! He is Risen, Indeed!Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy