New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 10 visitors.

All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Local Restaurant
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
baby_gurl

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  7:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess someone deleted my message. Its alright though! Anyway, I worked for a local restaurant for 5 years-I was actually a store manager. The owners son moved up here and just started firing everyone for random reasons. Sometimes just because he thought they were unattractive. How unfair can someone....He is NOTHING to call home about, I might add! I just felt it was very wrong and in turn I gave a 2 week notice and resigned my position.

Megan Long

Wu

1452 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  7:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry for you hun!...but the admins will not let these negitive posts stay. good luck in findind a new job..you can always take the time to e-mail us to state your case.

wu

Go to Top of Page

baby_gurl

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  7:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks!

Megan LongGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  7:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That certainly was not fair. I had a job (long time ago) and a new fellow came in. He let me go for no reason other than the fact I got along well with the old boss.

Go to Top of Page

baby_gurl

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  7:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its not fair because alot of those servers that were terminated have children and families as I do. It seems like those of us that are God fearing people were the ones treated the worst! Oh well, you reap what you sow I guess.

Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  7:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
baby_gurl, you have Email

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  7:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck on finding a new position, I feel for you, I really do.

I do however enjoy rib country.

I don't need to know the owner to do that.

Wishing you luck!

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

baby_gurl

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  8:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I checked my email and can't find anything. Please tell me if I am doing something incorrectly. Thank You!

Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  8:23:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used the Email address in your profile. You could send me an Email that I can reply to, and that way be certain that I'm sending it to the right place.

Also, if there's a spam folder, you might check that to make sure it wasn't inadvertently flagged as spam.

Go to Top of Page

Wu

1452 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  9:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm waiting too Admin! Please give us an update!

wu

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  9:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I get email thru hotmail from you Admin it goes to junk. I told them you wasnt junk. LOL

Go to Top of Page

Logos

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  10:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Logos's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know what the exact problem Admin might have had is, but I have some suspicions about why it needs some editing when I read the first post of this and then the forum rules:

1. Objectionable Material. You will not post, upload, email, or otherwise transmit, or select any username or provide any email address that is or contains or links to information that is or contains:

Harmful, threatening, abusive or harassing comments;

Tortious, defamatory or libelous statements, including, but not limited to, knowingly making false claims about a company, organization or an individual;

An invasion of another personís privacy or publicity rights;

Disclosures of any personally identifying information of any person;

Any other unlawful or objectionable material.

Edited by - Logos on 05/09/2006 10:58:33 PM

Edited by - Logos on 05/09/2006 10:59:42 PMGo to Top of Page

baby_gurl

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  11:13:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think I said anything hateful or ugly...Do you think that is what its about?

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  11:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We always like eating at Rib Country when we come up, however, after hearing about what happened there, I don't know if I will eat there any more. Good Luck on finding a new job.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  11:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think there's two sides to every story. And we're only hearing one.

I'm not saying you're not telling the truth, gurl. But as a former restaurant employee and manager myself, and still bobbling between management, team lead, and employee in the professional world in which I do battle in each day, there are different motivations for actions than might be apparent to another HR level. What might seem arbitrary and capricious to an employee might be calculating and logical based on a whole different set of criteria that the manager is using.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  11:54:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Myself, I've found the service and food there to vary widely. It's better BBQ than I had last week out at Bitter Creek, and closer than Bubba's. It's not a place I'll take folks from out of town right now, but I don't mind going by myself there for lunch.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  05:08:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joy, I think we will be going back there. I like the BBQ and the BBQ beans! And they have good sweet tea.

GrayEagle
Christ is Risen! He is Risen, Indeed!Go to Top of Page

nelly

USA
2816 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  07:23:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ALWAYS 2 sides to every story!

As an employer, we don't share ALL information with our employees. When a complaint is received on an employee, when the employee has violated policy, when any sort of discipline is required....that is between management and employee only.....

So when an employee is terminated it may seem unjustified and sudden....but there is usually always a reason.

Just my opinion.

A simple act of kindness.....pass it onGo to Top of Page

murphy

USA
518 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  08:35:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit murphy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree Nelly- I have been in a position where I too have had to take action with an employee. Does the staff know?- no- only what the employee tells them as to the reason why. I did not discuss any employee business with other members.I do believe there is 2 sides to every story.

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough....Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  09:19:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Nelly. As a manager of a restraunt and takeovers, there's always communication that goes on behind the scenes. The family who had this other member come in, probably needed him to clean house. It's unfortunate for those who lost their jobs, but there is the labor department, who are there to help those find jobs. It's a matter of how far that person wants to go with finding another job as well. This could be a good thing in the whole scheme of things. Turn it around to work for YOU!
I know this is partly going to be about the alcohol vote, but those people with the skills of waiting tables will receive more in tips if this vote passes and the Longhorn's, O'Charleys, etc come here.

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

baby_gurl

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  6:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was the store manager....I had to terminate alot of employees for reasons such as drugs, sexual harrassment, etc. But, for the owners son to come straight out and tell me that he is going to fire this person or that person based on the way that they looked is awful! Just because they weren't pretty enough???? Go figure.

murphy

USA
518 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  7:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit murphy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Was it also because the person didn't shower? Clean their nails? Hair not done up attractively.etc. I have had all of that before and I let that person go.
You said you had been manager for 5 years. Why then couldn't you speak directly to the owners about their son? Any one who had been in my employ for 5 years I listened to.You have told us all about this- I hope you can just let it go and get on with your life. I am sorry you had a bad experience.

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough....Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  8:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm wishing you luck BG. That's enough of that, now tell us about yourself and join the Blairsville.com tean telling us about the things you enjoy about town, how long you've lived here and such.

We are very glad that you are here!

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  9:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are various reasons why people choose certain people to work for, work with and employee. There are times when big companys come in and down size. Then there are times when companies over do themselves and loose touch with what got them to peek C from peek A.

I am sorry you feel unjustice is or has been done.

As a business owner, if I see something is not working.. or if I see that things drop down persay and persay improvements need made to maintain or gain a overall customer satisfaction, then you fix those things best you can and try your hardest to prove yourself worthy, reliable, dependable and suited for the job to the customer and the employer. This restr. to me was best when they first opened up in Hayesville in my opinion. They had quality at its best that I recall. Their menu was full of alot more desserts too which my favorite was the chocolate pecan pie.. but, they dropped it. Not a reason to not go there but I did notice it was gone and that was a bummer at that time..
I also recall that this restr. has kinda chained out and branched.... that is when I think personally a change started that showed lack of attention to certain things. They outgrew themselves it seemed to me. The quality was cut thin.

If I have standards and qualification requirements, I dont think I am in wrong in noticing that maybe work performance and qualifications dont exactly match up to par for my standards.

Its hard being a employer just as hard as it is being an employee.

Ive worked at restrs. and personally feel that management is under paid in some but then there are more places where it shows that attention is lacking and changes need made.

I agree with Shader about going to eat there. As a matter of fact, I use to give gift certificates for people to go there but I havent been there in so long because the last times we had been within a two month time... taught us to wait.. and try again later..

I think Human Resources is a very crucial part of a business. Most places dont have the "in home" HR. Specially in restrs. Its just good to have someone keeping a balance to things and making good of the bad and better of the good.

Baby gurl, Im sorry you have these hurtful feelings or mad feelings, maybe a lil of both? There are other jobs out there tho. I can assure you of that. I can also assure you no matter how much Ive worried or cried my eyes out over a job that went over seas or a job that shut down.. I give you next year when you will more than likely see folks who have furthered past the storm of what theyve went thru, and found better jobs, better pay and more than likely, they will be saying- Praise the good Lord for getting me outta something and me realizing that I can better myself past what that lil ole thing was!

Ive said it myself.

Good luck to you and your family. If you want to stay in the food industry, maybe you and the others can form a restr. :) Id be glad to see more here!

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2006 :  4:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went to Suzanne's on the River front it was crowded and yummy, we got riverfront seats and watch the family's tubing down the river, it was fun, they were all smiles and waving.

The food was great!

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2006 :  5:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What happened to the other restaurant topic? This is just about one restaurant. I have not been to Suzeanne's since she opened. You are allowed to brown bag in there.

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy