New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 17 visitors.
 All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 crime in b-ville
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
spam4einstein

839 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  11:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im so Mad! Some lowlife stole an expensive mig welder right off my deck. I moved here to get away from this garbage. What makes me even more angry is it's one of the people associated with the building going on behind my house, I know this because nobody else would be able to have seen it. &*%*%^*(*(%

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  11:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spam that's just awful. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Crime used to not be a problem here but.....

Go to Top of Page

theunclebigboy

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  12:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spam, theres been lots of theft out our way too. I am so sorry that happened to you. We are missing ladders, and some tools. I had to buy new ladders just last week, :( That made me mad! They were on our carport.

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  06:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ladders are favorite thing stolen here too. first that and then go burgular with that. any chain and lock? and we put the name und phonenumber all over on it...

sad!

sibe-siech

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  07:39:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Could you get an engraving tool and engrave something distinctive on them? Not home address, telephone number, or SSN, but something like a business name or the like?

GrayEagle
Christ is Risen! He is Risen, Indeed!Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  10:23:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WE had a thousand dollar tool taken from one of our jobs, along with radio, microwave, hoses, even scrap wood. We are pretty sure it is a guy that worked for us just a few weeks. He was pretty low life and changed jobs every month or so. First time we have had anything stolen in 22 years.

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  10:26:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why did you have a microwave on the job? I thought Gary had one of those things that plug in the lighter to heat up his lunch.

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  10:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Someone pulled right up in my parent's yard and stole Dad's fourwheeler and even stole the trailer to haul it on. This was in the middle of the day. Right on the side of the road for everyone to see. We had to call 911 a few nights ago because some "idiot" was sitting in our driveway with a 12 pack of beer, smoking a cigarette and talking on the cell phone. This was after midnight. When the cops got here they said they had been looking for "HIM" all evening and hadn't yet got him. I dont know if they did or not. I just went back to bed!

"Christianity is not a religion; it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  10:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder if the police departments in this area are noticing a rise in property thefts, and if so, what plans they might be making or awareness campaigns they might be preparing to help ensure our citizens have the information they need to combat this scourge?

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  11:08:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Y'all have to put bear bells on all your stuff outside!!!

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  11:16:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In responce to your post Shadow, I wasn't really pleased with how they done with Dad's stolen property. Took them DAYS no I think it was Weeeks before they even called or anything...

When we had a gun stolen from our home, they came right out. Kind of odd I thought. They did catch the burgular in our gun incident but the gun was not to be found. But bear in mind, the same guy who stole the gun also stole all the presents out from under the UCBI's presidents tree! So who knows?

"Christianity is not a religion; it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  11:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PCM, this was stolen before Gary got his new lunch box heat up thing. This was before christmas last year. The guy is still around, I wonder who he is working for now?

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  11:28:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shader, I know someone who is related to me that said ///umm.. he says that if you leave it out, its open pray for theives. If its in plain sight for it to be gotten. He said its not right but we should take precaussions against making things open to be gotten. I did agree with him on that even tho he did clearly say, ITS AGAINST THE LAW TO STEAL OR TO GO ON SOMEONES PROPERTY TO STEAL.. He was very clear on that.

There has been some arrest made in the theft arena that has been going on and I am glad! Apparently it wasnt just the ones arrested.

Dad, hunny carves in his tools his initials. It doesnt matter we were told because people can etch that out and you wouldnt believe at the tools youll find in pawn shops.. they seem to go a bit a ways from here from what Ive heard to pawn things such as Ellijay, and Atlanta so we have to do more than put our names and serial numbers on things, we have to lock it up and still if theives want something bad enough, they will bust thru to get whatever it is. Ya know, Its really sickening to my stomach altogether. Why do these people exsist? Why do they steal? Surely it will catch up with them!

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  11:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, there's kids at the school who are just 9 or 8 that steal. One girl in a class told this other girl that she'd hold her money for her (she didn't have pockets) and the girl "lost" her money. Of course, her Mom had just got fired from her job, so I wonder...

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  11:43:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THAT IS LOW DOWN DIRDY TO STEAL A KIDS MONEY. ITS LOW DOWN DIRDY TO STEAL PERIOD!

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  12:46:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sometimes they steal from kids, older and disabeled people. one blind men and his rattan article store was robbed and they stolen his money and many of his pcs cause he was/is blind! some people shoul better hang from the next tree.

you havent an big dog native? that would have chase that nice nabor away quick hehehe. or let the small combat squirrel out. LOL!

easyest way to permanently mark an aluminium ladder is buy an box of alpahbetical& numbers "stamps" and hit them with an hammer. and also color with spraypaint. sompthing unusual as limegreen etc. then you see from fare who it is.

sibe-siech

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  1:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband puts his name on his.(paints)

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  1:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no phonenumber? how should the police now witch person that stolen ladder is? john smith?

sibe-siech

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  2:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the police won't return your call when your reporting a thief, so it seems open game.

What was going on at the bank this morning? The parking lot was full and blocked off so no one could leave?

What's up with that?

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  2:12:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
another robbery??

sibe-siech

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  2:30:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No,UCB is having customer appreciation day. It is usually so bad that you can't get in or out of there. Native's dad should be directing traffic there. No crime there!

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  2:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks god!

sibe-siech

Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  11:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to manage a Pawn Shop, and was the asst.manager at another. I don't know how ya'lls police departments do, but in Brunswick, at least once a week, sometimes twiced, both the city and the county would come by and pick up our list of all things pawned or sold to us. If anything that had been reported stolen matched anything on our list, it would have a "hold" put on it until the investigation was over, whether it was stolen or not. If it was stolen, the owner had to come in and sign for the item(s), then we would release it to them. Then, in order to recoup our money, we had to go through the victim's advocate office of the court, fill out tons of paperwork, and maybe 2 months later we would receive a check for the lost money.

Advice for preventing theft-
1) Yes, as bad as it sounds sometimes ya just gotta lock things up. But, I was also always told that all a lock was for was to keep an honest person honest. A thief will do whatever it takes to get something.

2) Mark your items! Not only with names, initials, company, ect, but also with something quite obvious. I had a customer who was a tree surgeon/landscaper and he always had his ladders, chain saws, trimmers, chains, weed-eaters, ect in the back of his P/U, but never had anything stolen. Reason- he spray painted all over it with bright pink spray paint! Not solid, just splotches of bright pink on everything!

3) If it's not in use in your police departments, try to start "pawn shop" fax network with nearby towns. I was "connected" with Jesup, Waycross, Kingsland, and a couple other ones. It really helped out, as people would steal something in one town, and pawn it in another to try and keep from getting caught. I also started a network in the Brunswick pawn shops - if one of us were pawned something that had been stolen, we notified the other shops so they would not accept anything from the person who pawned it to us.

4) Does Blairsville have any kind of Neighborhood Watch program? If not, check into it. Brunswick started something a few years ago called C.O.P. - Citizens On Patrol. Seems to be working wonders in certain areas (Gray - you know about Dixville and Arco?)

Hope this will help someone.

Spam, I'm sorry for your loss. I know what those Mig's cost! Keep your eyes open and maybe, just maybe, with a little luck, it'll turn up.

Life is a Journey -
Enjoy The Trip!Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2006 :  2:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
useful advice!!!

has it any pawn shops in/around bville??

sibe-siech

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2006 :  3:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, we have at least 2 pawn shops that I know of.

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2006 :  3:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i may go and see what cutters etc they have. sometimes theyr prices are way to high!

sibe-siech

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy