New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 14 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Motor cycle place coming here???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  8:23:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well we done the Bike Week in Daytona and learned that only a small portion was actually unsafe.. and that was because of gangs but hey, we have true rednecks here already and no pun intended... there are different classifications.. There are the safe people to be around of any nature and the people who are out to do some damage or add some explosions.. Id rather be at a Daytona Bike week any day of the week than the one in Cherokee because of PERSONAL PREFERENCE!

Through our Biking days and owning 2 harleys and riding with lots of folks, I can tell ya.. there aint nothing you would worry more about with a biker than some of the folks in the county.. Theres good and bad everywhere.. even schools.. even work places... everywhere.

All the trips to Daytona we got to met some locals from there who said they would rather have the Bikes rather than the Nascar crowds for all the drunk driving and rudeness... so I reckon if you make some feel unwanted because of your personal preferences... and because you only know from standing on the sides and have formed an opinion without actually knowing ALL types.. than boy howdy are you missin out on some great folks in the Biker ally!

One day, later in life.. I hope to put back on that helmet with hunny and hear the thunderous pipes..

Also, there are more doctors and lawyers riding them bikes... people who are out to enjoy the wind and countryside... Those bikes arent cheap anymore at all and not just anyone can afford them either...

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  10:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe I shouldn't say anything, as I do not currently own a motorcycle. I have in the past,and I enjoy riding, but duty before pleasure, so there went the bike.

I went to Daytona Bike Week years ago, back in the 80's and I had a blast! Bike week there is no different than any other large public gathering - SuperBowl, Spring Break, ect. There will be good and bad in the people. Not all of them, but some. That is simply the way percentages are with the general public. I have also been to the Iron Horse Ralley here in Durango. Again, had a lot of fun and met a lot of people.
I went several years ago to visit an aunt in Panama City Beach Fl. I have never seen so many rude, obnoxious, drunk people in my life! No motorcycle gangs - just college kids out spending their daddies money. It was horrible! It would have been suicide to get on the road with these kids.

SC - look into the group A.B.A.T.E. (American Bikers Active Toward Education) www.abatega.com
I have seen up close and personal what wonderful things these bikers do. Anything from fishing tourneys for kids to Christmas toy runs. I think there is a chapter in every state, but I have several friends in the Georgia chapter(s).

BTW - Gov. Sonny Perdue declared May to be Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month in Georgia. There is to be a motorcycle safety proclamation signing at the capitol on April 20th, 2006

Life is a Journey -
Enjoy The Trip!Go to Top of Page

CaseyDoodleBug

USA
287 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  10:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I think of bikers, I think of middle aged, middle class men with an empty nest who can afford the money and time to spend on toys that they could not afford earlier in their lives because they were raising children. Perhaps there are a few "younger" guys that can afford them too. This is almost all I see in Blairsville, so I'm not worried about the new "bikers' hangout."

DoodleBugGo to Top of Page

Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  10:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you voice your opinion, it doesn't take long to stir up the masses. I guess Daytona Beach should be called the biker tea room, since it obviously is such a peaceful place and a little slice of heaven during bike week.

Social ChangeGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  10:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any "group" activity could be classified as dangerous. Sprink Break in Panama City, "Freakneak" in Atlanta or wherever they've chosen to go now, any large group. There's bad eggs in every crowd. The media also plays a big part on the negative of these events. I saw on the Daily Show where Fox news was reporting a serial killer in Daytona Beach and they kept showing spring breakers, which were mostly skinny babes in bikinis. What did that have to do with the serial killer?? They twist it around worse than a twisty tie on your bread bag.

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

Wu

1452 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep...expected that from the admin...I still have this whole post for any that want it. Just e-mail me for it.

Thanks,
wu

Go to Top of Page

Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Several postings aimed towards individuals rather than the subject at hand have been removed. It's true that we each choose to see the glass half full or half empty. One of the most liberating tasks we can achieve is to realize that our cognitive abilities can shape the reality we live in. As the phrase goes, "Your attitude determines your altitude."

Being negative or critical and desiring more isn't a sin. Some of the most important achievements of man have been accomplished by malcontents. It does seem to be a harder way to go through life though.

"Aren't, aren't I going to be me?" - Forrest Gump

Go to Top of Page

Wu

1452 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree whole Heartedly! But I do Draw the line when all I read is Negative. I wake and start posting...Bummer that It can not stay longer...Though I do copy it all in tact! And I'll freely send it to all who asks for it! Hopefully, This does not go against the rules? Please inform me if it does!

wu

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Admin, I respect that but to respect is to be respected.. the aim was created by pointing fingers at being and being bias.. not talking about you.. but saying that motorcycles or classifying BIKERS in general like what I read about that even got me started here is just as wrong as classifying anyone negative thought at all. This is your house. I like it here but didnt bring in the negativeness...

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:44:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've ridden my bike, back when I had one still, to both Daytona Beach (for Bike Week) and Asheville (for the Honda Hoot) many times.

One trip to Bike Week in Daytona Beach was one of the most Spirit-filled and faith-affirming trips I have ever experienced. All of my trips to the above-mentioned events have been uneventful from a crime, gang, or drug perspective.

As Jawja indicated, the people dying there in Daytona were from accidents, not from any violence. Too many of the people only ride their bikes around home, 5 miles here or there. You see them on the way to Daytona with their bikes on trailers. Then get some heavy traffic in an area they don't know, and every motorcycle safety class they never took becomes life-threateningly obvious.

By far, the demographic of bikers has shifted from blue collar or homeless, violence-oriented vagrants to white collar boomers and yuppies. They might dress the same, but I've met some of the most erudite people I know on bikes.

Two Wheels Only is a great bike campground. If we can get anything like that, it's only going to be a boon for our community.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

Wu

1452 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:50:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I venture to say...there is more crime of all kinds during spring break then bike week....hmm..college kids doing more crime than "Bikers"...hmm

wu

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no helmet requirements in SC.. Now theres where I was really scared.. did we ride without them.. for about 5 minutes.. I freak out easily tho.. and hunny will tell ya too.. Shader you are right.. about the accidental stuffs..

I didnt find Bike Week in Myrtle beach very ... from the ones Ive been to, Daytona was way coolest of all. Hunnys aunt sent us a video of Milwaukees Harley Davidson Anniversary some years ago and now that was one I wished we coulda went to. Jay Leno and others were riding in the celebration as well.

Yeah. Im for anything with the Bikes. I guess cause weve been in the Bikers life and have many of many Bikers friends.. I look at the Bikes when Im around them and they still turn my head.. hunnys and the kids too.

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  12:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DOC, I was at the 95th anniversary of Harley Davidson in Wisconsin!!! Who is your hunny's aunt, maybe I know her? We went with some locals here and YES it was a blast, one of the best events i've been to! I have tons of pics and memories that I hold near and dear! We met some of the NICEST people there, never once did I see any violence or drug use. It was alot of fun!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  12:10:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Her husbands name is Loyd.. they are lil bitty people and they live there full time.. theyve been there for some time.. we have the video if you want a copy... ;). I looked and looked for Bville people. tee hee! Wished wed been there too with yuns! It had to be a blast.. Hunny had the big house on Chatuge he was doin so we couldnt make that one. :(... We did get to buy a bigger harley from him working tho.lol... ;) Softail Custom.. we sold it to Panhead City when I became pregnant with #3.

I think I may have seen you and your hunny in Daytona once tho? Maybe.. it was 98 and it was where they had the lions and tigers and big ole white yellow snakes?

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

Wu

1452 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  12:13:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG!...I'll send that as I can!

Much more on that subjet then I ever thought! Keep being real People! And what you hear may just be more real than ever before!!!!

wu

Go to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  12:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm, we were there in 98, you very well could have seen us!! WOW! We were with some locals then too, and i'm sure you would know them if I told you who they were, i'll email you the details!! That's pretty wild that our paths could have crossed at the Bike Rally in Daytona!! What a small world!!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  12:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
COOL! AND YEAH! Now when are able to get another one later on in life.lol .... I WANT TO DO HARLEYS 105TH~! hehe! ;) Ill be checking my emails..

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  12:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daytona Beach has a brand new Harley-Davidson place just north of the Speedway exit along I95. It is huge! I heard that it is suppose to be the largest one in the US. Next year if any of you go down for Bike Week, be sure to check it out.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

Wu

1452 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  12:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ya hun...yehaw...

wu...

edited...

Edited by - Wu on 04/14/2006 12:31:00 AMGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  12:40:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wu do you have a Bike? Are you goin to Bike week? I want a shirt if you do.lol!

Mom, I love the Harley stores and it was so much easier to buy presents for hunny when he had his.lol Now he wont let me buy him chrome cause we dont know if or when he will get another one and he wont let me get him decals cause he says it makes him look like a wanna be ... sigh.. the girls today at lunch saw what I had to deal with. LOL! HAHA! ;)

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  09:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I know I have seen about 25 members of the Two Wheel Only club from Suches and no one has anything to worry about that group. I think most of them are older than me, and that is old!!

Go to Top of Page

Lake Runner

USA
305 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  09:29:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This topic really brings back memories. Yes, I have taken my Harley to Daytona. I have even camped out in a few of the camp grounds. I have also been to Laconia Neww Hampshire for thier Bike week. I really enjoyed these "vacations". Most of the people I met were truely caring individuals. Sure, they liked to make a lot of noise and maybe have a few beers. But have you looked at the price of a Harley? You need to be somewhat responsible just to be able to afford one.

I no longer have a bike, but I have a lot of respect for most riders. But just like any other group, you have both the good and the bad. You get enough people in one place, some of the bad apples are sure to show up.

We can't change the wind, but we can adjust our sailsGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  10:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have nothing against motorcycles or the people that ride them. My husband and I would never ride them because we feel that they are dangerous. My husband had one when we got married, but he didn't enjoy it, so he sold it. If you enjoy it, I say, have fun!!

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  10:15:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some of the best people I've ever met were Bikers. I don't stereo type someone because they have a Harley. To me that's ridiculous. It's like stereotyping someone because they drive a Lexux vs Pinto. One might have more money than the other but its still a piece of metal with rubber to roll.

I have several friends who have Bikes, in fact, now that I am thinking of this...My preacher has one! LOL!

"Christianity is not a religion; it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."Go to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  10:20:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, Native, that is too funny!! I knew he had a Harley, but i had forgotten about it!!

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy