New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 5 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Motor cycle place coming here???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Dsunicorn

39 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  4:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what is going to be on Hwy 325 (right off 515)... asked around and was TOLD a motor cycle place was coming.. going to have a CLUB house and Restaurant.... they are setting up little log cabins now.. (looks like mini trailers with wood on outside) understand the people doing this are from Canton... does any one know if this is TRUE????

Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  5:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope not!!!!!!!!

Social ChangeGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  5:39:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope they bring their own beer!!

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  6:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what does that mean? Only bikers can rent a cabin or eat there? I'm confused.

The concept of having a club for bikers is okay, but is it exclusive or something?

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

Alanaah

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  08:37:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is true ! I know the developer. Appealing for biker community and it's going to be very nice.

Go to Top of Page

Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  08:47:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like trouble on the horizon, we will see how this goes over in Union County.

JawJa Gurl

USA
1139 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  09:18:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What makes you say that Social?

Go to Top of Page

Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  09:57:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If past history is a predictor of future events then this is a problem just waiting to occur. Historically motorcycle clubhouses and parks have been a haven for drugs and violence. Just last week 8 men were killed in Canada as a result of a motorcycle gang turf war. This happens all the time in the US. Sardis, ND( could be SD) has had a problem with bikers for years and the destruction they cause while in town. Daytona has a problem every year with bikers.

Granted, not all motorcycle riders are bad. Some are good, hard working and decent people. The problem is the image and past biker problems that have tainted the publics perception of motorcycles. It is now so bad that the National Motorycle Riders Asso. and Harley-Davidson are concerned and held meetings and were testifying before Congress about the problem and how to reduce the noise of Harleys. Most Florida condos and subdivisions will not let you live there if you own a cycle and if you purchase one after moving in, you cannot crank the cycle on condo property.

Violence just seem to folow bikers. There is a distinct difference between "bikers" and motorcycle riders.

Do the reasearch, don't take my word for it.

If Union County had zoning regulations this would not have happened because is does not fit the North Georgia Regional Plan. A previous poster stated the developers were from Canton,Ga. Why didn't they put this in Cherokee County? They could not get this type operation zoned, that's why. Would you want this type facility in you backyard where you live?

This area will be a blight on the serenity of ths mountains and Union County. I know the people in that area are thrilled over this. As the saying goes "there goes the neighborhood"

Social Change

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  09:59:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked yesterday, but could not see anything going on. Alanaah, why don't you tell us about it?

Go to Top of Page

JawJa Gurl

USA
1139 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  10:09:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your explanation Social.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  10:21:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I lived near Daytona most of my life. I would not go near the area during bike week, too dangerous! They have a nice bike place out near suches, two wheels only.

Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:30:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SC...I think you've seen the Brando movie "The Wild One" too many times. The vast majority of motorcycle riders these days are people who actually are employed, make very good money and have an average or high-end lifestyle. They are not into drugs or overindulgence in alcohol. They just happen to like motorcyle riding. Your assertion that "violence just follows bikers" is untrue. I am from the Daytona area. There is no problem with motorcycle gang violence there. The problem is too many bikes, too many people, too many inexperienced riders during motorcycle week which causes accidents. 18 riders died in a 6 county area last month. All were involved in accidents...not in personal violence.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:36:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think middle age crazy is a member of the two wheel only group. they seemed very nice when I saw them out at dinner several times. (they would meet once a month at the village)

Go to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:43:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not all Bikers are your typical sterotype gang related troublemaker, matter of fact MOST Bikers are Dr.'s, Lawyers, white collar workers that just enjoy motorcycle riding!!! I have been to many motorcycle rallys and events and have NEVER seen any violence whatsoever. I've been to Wisconsin, Daytona, Myrtle Beach, Sturgis, and even our local Cherokee rally. Never any trouble that i've seen and some of the greatest people i've met.
I've seen more violence at our Rec. Dept. little league ballgames than at any motorcycle event!!

I think the media sensationalizes so much and "motorcycle gangs" is just another thing that gets peoples attention, so of course, it's big news!! Truth of the matter is, it's minor compared to other acts of violence around the world.

Go to Top of Page

JawJa Gurl

USA
1139 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fawn & Samantha....I agree.

Right now it's the "bikers" who are protecting fallen soldiers' families from protestors at their funerals.

The majority of donations for charities comes from "bikers".

Two Wheels Only in Suches is basically the same thing and it's hardly had the outcome offered above.

I will wait to see the plans, etc. of the new place before I start formin an opinion on whether or not this is a good or bad thing.

Go to Top of Page

Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  1:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In reply to post--One poster says it is way to dangerous in Daytona and one says it is not. According to the multiple police reports, the CNN spot last year of the arrest of multiple bikers for assault and two for attempted rape and no telling how many for drugs and alcohol, I guess there must be two Daytona Beaches.

No where in the post did I say that all motorcycle riders are bad, as I stated some are good, honest hardworking people. You need to read the post before you reply.

NoI have never seen the Brando movie. I do not go to movies, I do not rent them ., so my opinion is not blurred by the media,

You stated that Bikers are not into over indulgence of alcohol and drugs! Posters, how many of you believe that? Lets have a show of hands!!!!Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  1:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Daytona, there were lots of drinking and drugs, I assume. The two wheel only (TWO) group in Suches were a bunch of much older men and women!! Very decent acting!

Go to Top of Page

Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  1:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coosa, you are correct. It would be irresponsible to paint all motorcyle riders with the same brush. I have never met Middle Age Crazy but I doubt that he or his group fall into the "biker" mentality that this post is about.

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  1:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, since you assume, you've never really been to the Daytona Rally right?? Until you've been there I don't think you can judge or just assume anything. Experience it, then give your opinion, same goes for SC, go to one and see for yourself, don't rely on CNN, or other peoples opinion. Form one for yourself by attending!

Go to Top of Page

Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  1:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coosa, you asked what I am building? Go to Blairsville Classifieds, under Old Doors.

Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  1:21:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Samantha, No I have never been to a motorcycle rally and if I live until June 16 I can say never in 69 years. I have however been assigned to verify claims and to report on the destruction caused by motorcyclist in Daytona for many years. I also read many trade papers. magazines, newspapers. I must assume that they cannot all be wrong.

Thanks for replying.

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  1:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I lived near Daytona Beach and went there a lot in my twenties and thirties. It was scary down on Main street and you did not go down there at night or alone. I saw the drinking, but since I know NOTHING about drugs, they could be doing that without my being aware. I am pretty naive about that, I wouldn't know a drug if I saw it.

Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  4:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Coosa---you have not lived in that area in over 20 years and your info is based on what people told you..not what you personally observed. Even 20 years ago, motorcycle week in Daytona was not dangerous because of violence or drugs. The "danger" came from and still comes from accidents on the road. BTW Coosa...Main St. was always a dangerous place and no one in their right mind would go there unless they were up to no good. Oh...the exception was and is Motorcycle Week. That's the only time one is safe on Main St. because it's full of tourists and is well patrolled by law enforcement.

SC...I assume that motorcycle riders won't be welcomed at your new place.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  4:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember boot hill, but I was always too chicken to go there!

Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  5:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, Boot Hill is still there. I never went into the place either.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  5:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is what I think of when i think motorcycle week. I bet mr. SC will welcome motorcyclists, he seems pretty nice.

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy