New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 16 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 What is your favorite Mall? Why?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
redpepper

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  6:54:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like North Point Mall the best too. I used to live in Alpharetta, and that was my mall of choice. I go to Lenox Mall with a friend who lives in that area. Shopping at Lenox is always an experience. Last December, we went a week before Christmas, and were not able to leave! We could not get out of our parking space because of the traffic. It was gridlocked all the way down Peachtree.

rpepperGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  11:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it's like that a lot down there red. it's a mess in that area now. I LOVE that Target down there at Lenox! The girls like to put the buggy in the buggy esculator!!

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  12:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wildflower, after Hurricane Wilma hit in November, the big Macy's store in The Falls closed down. It got a lot of damage so they moved everything over to Dadeland. Macy's took over all three of the Burdine's stores in Dadeland. I don't know if anything is planned to go into the store at The Falls. Bloomingdales is the only anchor store at The Falls now.

Joyfulringer

Wildflower, that Macy's store reopened last Saturday. I haven't been out to The Falls for several months but it will be good to go back into Macy's again.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  4:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IF I HAVE TOO.LOL.. Its Town Center.. no mountain and easy to get to. I never liked discovery mills cause everything in that mall is soo expensive but I LOVE THE MEDEVIL TIMES Dinner and show there!

Doh-nah-dah-go-huh-ee Do da da go hv I

and "I heart Aretha Franklin!"

Go to Top of Page

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  5:01:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Red Pepper, we were neighbors. We lived in South Forsyth, Cumming, Ga. of Old Atlanta Road. Just a hop down 400 to Northpoint Mall. I really miss the convienience sometimes. Just get in the car, go to Crazy Joes for lunch and let the kids ride the carosel, shop til you drop and go home. If it was late, and the kids had behaved themselves, go to Chucky Cheeze. Memories.

Shucks

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  4:23:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joy,

I hope The Falls are as nice as I remember, but that was in the early 1980's when it was just built!!!

Too bad all malls aren't like that.

Wildflower

Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me.
But deep down, I know that's not true.
Some of the smaller countries are neutral.
~Robert Orben
Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  7:05:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WF, the Falls are still very nice with all the stores and such. But the thing I love the most about that place is the waterfalls, "streams", pools of water, and just the sound of the water flowing, and falling. I would be happy just to go there to hear and watch that.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Favorite Sites:
www.anoteaboutmyself.com
www.bcmintl.org
Thoughts:
"Those who do not care enough to bleed and die for what they hold dear will always be held hostage by those who do." From "The DMZ" by Jeanette WindleGo to Top of Page

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  7:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW! I used to go to the Fall's when I was a kid, too! I lived down in Homestead, and the Falls were one of our special outings. Wow, I had forgotten about that place. I have a picture, with Santa, from there!

Go to Top of Page

a teach

466 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  12:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perimeter Mall in Dunwoody is nice.

I like to take MARTA from Sandy Springs to Buckhead. At the Buckhead station are shuttles that take shoppers to their destination. No parking or traffic hassle.

It is wonderful having so many choices in and around Atlanta. I love having the best of both worlds within a couple hours drive.

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  12:19:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gray and Joy,

I just remembered, every time I went to The Falls in the early 1980's, it was for dinner! We did walk around and window shop though.

No shopping, except going with a couple who was buying cowboy boots when they were something everyone had to have, including me. They had a very upscale cowboy shop there and Urban Cowboy was a big hit.

They didn't have stores like Macy's back then; it was more specialty shops.

Plus, since we were always going there to eat - TGI Friday's when it was the "new" place, a very fancy Mexican restaurant, but can't remember the name, - the shops were usually closed at night, or most of them were.

I think that was one of the first TGI Friday's in Miami. Back then, Friday's was sorta more special because it was so unique.

Everyone had to be there. That's when the "noisy restaurant" phenomenon really took off. You couldn't hear yourself think because it was like a giant party.

Oh, and we went to the movies there and got chocolate chunk cookies. Remember when chocolate chunk replaced chocolate chips?

Gosh, this should make me feel old.

OMG, I was wearing Parachute Pants!!! Purple ones!

Wildflower

Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me.
But deep down, I know that's not true.
Some of the smaller countries are neutral.
~Robert Orben
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  6:28:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Perimeter Mall in Dunwoody is nice.

I like to take MARTA from Sandy Springs to Buckhead. At the Buckhead station are shuttles that take shoppers to their destination. No parking or traffic hassle.

It is wonderful having so many choices in and around Atlanta. I love having the best of both worlds within a couple hours drive.

EWW~ Teach, I do like that one too! Yes mam, Ive been there.. :)

I aint never been a ballet dancer, its always been clogging..

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy