New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 5 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 What is your favorite Mall? Why?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Hotdawg

USA
2357 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  7:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hotdawg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
actually river center mall in san antoine isnt yhat bad

Talent On Loan From GodGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  8:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HEHE! Hunny does too (the Bass Pro thingy) and I do too.. if we must admit that.. ;)

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  8:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coosa and Taylor, that is the link to the little church. this is a very beautiful area and very historical, going back to the American Revolution. Yep, got married in that very church. The minister from Southpoint Baptist, about a mile away performs weddings there all the time. You need to go, it is a great place to reflect.

Social changeGo to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  11:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Taylor, I do remember when Brunswick Mall burned. My mother told me about it.

The last time I was in Glynn Place Mall was in 2003 when we went home for my Glynn Academy class reunion. We stayed in that hotel that is connected to the mall. It is an OK mall, just NOTHING like what we have down here!

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  01:52:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joy,

I don't think I've been at The Falls since the 1980's!!! But I was in Dadeland last summer.

I left Miami in 1984 and have only been back rarely. My family is still scattered around Florida though. Whenever I go back, it boggles my mind that it used to be my home.

It seems both familiar and exotic at the same time.

In 1995, I was visiting my family and we went to a shopping center on Biscayne Bay. I can't remember the name, but there are lots of restaurants and you can take boat tours of Biscayne Bay.

We were standing around waiting for our boat, when a Cuban man with a PARROT ON HIS SHOULDER (for God's sake) spoke to me in a very strong accent. I don't remember what he said, because I started laughing at the "exotic" nature of it all.

It just seemed hilarious that I grew up in such a place.

That day, I also discovered that Biscayne Bay is full of large PINK jelly fish. All my life spent at the beaches on Key Biscayne, and I never knew.

I was on the boat looking down at TURQUOISE WATER and PINK JELLY FISH!

Very "Miami Vice" colors.

I thought that was funny too.

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

MiddleAgeCrazy

USA
1435 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  05:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the Hamilton Place Mall up in Chattnooga, mainly because there is a Sticky Fingers accross the street from it.

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  09:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wildflower, I think the place you are thinking about is Bayside Marketplace. It is right on Biscayne Bay, near the AAA (American Airlines Arena, home of the Miami Heat). I have never been there but I saw it when we were going to the port to get on our cruise. We stay OUT of downtown Miami as much as possible! Even in the almost 10 years that we have been here, the growth of this city is unbelievable. I can't WAIT TO GET OUT OF HERE!! Four years, 9 months and 23 (I think) days!

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  11:33:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know how you feel. There are some good things there, but it's just too HOT. Although I didn't feel the heat when I lived there because I was acclimated to it. Now, I really feel it when I go back!

I miss the turquoise ocean and sand, Mangoes, Lychee Nuts, technicolor sunsets, and wearing sandals more. That's about it.

My family would miss Stone Crabs, but I didn't eat them.

Back then, we had mostly Anglos, Cubans, South Americans, and Blacks . . . Now, there are people from so many other places in the Carribean. It's even more exotic now than when I was there. And that's saying something!

I think the mayor and city government is Cuban now? That's a big change from when I lived there. I also saw lots of Cuban doctors in the hospital last summer, which didn't exist back then. They have definitely settled into the mainstream.

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  1:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a lot of people from Peru also. This past Sunday was the Peru elections and Miami-Dade College in Kendall was a voting place. It is right next to our church and the traffic was awful! People were parking everywhere including our church parking lot.

Yes, the city and country government is mostly Cuban w/a few Haitians sprinkled in.

One of these days I would like to go to Bayside but it is always so crowed there. On Gray's Friday off would be the ideal time to go but then we would have to fight downtown traffic and Saturday is a TERRIBLE time to try and go shopping anywhere in South Florida.

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  1:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

actually river center mall in san antoine isnt yhat bad

Dawg, is that the mall that is right on the Riverwalk? If so, we have been to that mall. It has been a long time since we were there but as I recall it was a nice one.

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  2:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peru . . . that's a new one.

Amazing.

Wu

1452 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  3:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow...I had not remembered that dragon fountain at Dadeland in 25 years! What a memory!

wu

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  11:39:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where was that dragon located? The middle of Dadeland now is one of the Burdine's (oops, Macy's) stores. In order to get from the east side (Penney's) to the west side (Macy's Home Store and Saks 5th Ave.) you have to walk directly through the Macy's main store (very strange indeed).

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2006 :  12:36:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Where was that dragon located?"

Joy,

Once upon a time, there was nothing at all East of Macy's. Everything East of Macy's (Burdines) was built in the 1970's if I remember correctly.

(Dadeland Mall was built in the early 1960's I believe.)

So the dragon fountain was at the halfway point between the East end (Burdines) and the West end.

Can't remember the name of the department store that was on the west.

The dragon was huge and tall, and made of tiny mosaic tiles in a blue-green color. It was standing up on it's hind legs, (like a horse rearing up). It's front legs were raised up and sprays of water came down from it's paws. It stood in the center of a large rectangular pool of water.

I can't believe they got rid of it.

Kids loved it! (except for my brother who screamed every time he saw it.)

Ginger Ale

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  6:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A college roommate and I once vacationed to the Mall of America in Minneapolis. We took empty suitcases and filled them up for the return trip. Talk about fun for a girl who likes to shop! One of the cool things was the Snoopy Theme park in the center of the mall. We would shop for a few hours, go ride rollercoasters, go eat, and shop some more. I wouldn't take a trip on vacation, but if I'm ever up on business, you can bet I'll be stopping back by! As for Georgia, I like Mall of Georgia and Northpoint. I am really starting to like Lenox because they have different stores and different lines than I find in most malls.

Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  6:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate malls. When my friends ask me to go , I end up sitting on the bench with the old guys. I just like to look at all the wierd people. Me & the old guys talk about fishing, restaurants, and politics. I really enjoy myself. I love the old guys.

......KISS......

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

Wu

1452 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  9:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rouge! I'm in

well..

wu

Go to Top of Page

PattiLou

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  11:21:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where is the closest Mall to Blairsville????

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  11:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hehe A long way Baby. Either go down 515 to exit 1 which is near Marietta. Exit 1 is before the transition to 75N. Or go across the mountain, through Gainesville to Hwy 985S. Dont remember the exit number but you will see signs to the Mall Of Georgia. Or you could go to Chattanooga Tenn.

Live to Ride. Ride to live.Go to Top of Page

PattiLou

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  11:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So going to the "Mall" is definitely a day out!!!!and have to remember to save money for gas to get home on!
Thanks,paprclip22. Appreciate it.

Go to Top of Page

Nikita04

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  5:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The nearest mall is Town Center ,or you can go to Cumberland Mall.Cumberland Mall is right scross from The Galleria.

Edited by - Nikita04 on 09/29/2006 5:53:02 PMGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  6:52:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Mall of Georgia. I don't really like going in the malls, but the shops outside & around the mall.

*I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe*Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  7:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I realize this really won't help, but the best mall is the one I don't have to go to!

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Favorite Sites:
www.anoteaboutmyself.com
www.bcmintl.org
Thoughts:
(paraphrased from a sign in our office) "Everyone brings joy to this site. Some when they come in. Others when they leave."Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  12:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Mall of Georgia cause it has EVERYTHING!

Go to Top of Page

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  6:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
North Point Mall in Alpharetta, Ga. Lots of good stores, multitude of to die for restaurants, easy to get around in, and best of all a big Starbucks!!!I love Starbucks. The thing I like about malls is the numerous small specialty shops in the area.Some great deals can be had on unusual items.

Christmas is coming, great shopping and a great fun season.

ShucksGo to Top of Page

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy