New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 22 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 What is your favorite Mall? Why?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  9:51:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like a time for a new topic.

GrayEagle
Who do PEOPLE say Jesus is? Who do YOU say Jesus is?

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  9:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grey you beat me to it. LOL I dont have a favorite mall. I actually cant stand to be in one for more than a minute.

Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  10:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to go to the old Brunswick Mall before it burned. It had some decent stores and a great little lunch counter inside Woolworth's. Many a Saturday morning I have spent there.

The Glynn Place mall started out ok, but is probably 1/4 empty now. Seems everything is going to the strip-mall type of thing. The food court is bad, and my fav store in there was Dollar Tree. They moved to a bigger location in a strip mall.

The mall here in Durango is pathetic! Only about 8 stores, a post office, and no food court. About 30 miles south of me, in Farmington NM is a really good mall. One that would/could take all day to go into each store, and every kind of store you can imagine. I'm not a big mall person, but if I go to one, I want it to be decent with both selection and prices.

Life is a Journey -
Enjoy The Trip!Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  10:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joy and I remember when the Brunswick Mall opened, Taylor. It was one of those really big deals. Hugh Tollison was one of the investors. Got my first kiss on the cheek from his daughter, Pam....ahhhhh, 5th grade at Goodyear Elementry School on Glynn Ave!

GrayEagle
Who do PEOPLE say Jesus is? Who do YOU say Jesus is?Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  10:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gray - I used to buy all my jeans from Peter's, all my dresses from either Cato's or Strawberry Fields, my shoes from the one down on the right-same side as Woolworths, ate lunch every Saturday at JJ's inside Woolworths, all my music from Rock-N-Easy, and even ventured into the Lemon Frog a time or two. Now, for some trivia - do you know what movie was playing at the theater when it burned?

I assume ya'll also remember before the mall when Pantry Pride and J.M. Fields were connected? Boy, that goes back a day or two! Just like Mock's IGA at Dock Junction and Gibson's on Altama!

Life is a Journey -

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  11:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Taylor, my favorite store at Brunswick Mall was Altman's. I shopped a lot there and at the main store in town. It did well until Mr. Altman died and Richard took it over.

Anyway, my favorite malls now are Dadeland. International and The Fall's in Miami. I don't go to International Mall very much but they have a great Dillard's there. I mostly shop at the other two.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  12:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, you picked two of the best, Joy!

Dadeland was THE mall of my childhood on up. I was disappointed to discover they removed the giant dragon fountain that used to be in the center. My mother has memories of carrying my little brother past that fountain in the 1960's while he screamed in terror.

I guess he thought the dragon was about to attack him since it was raised up on it's hind legs looking like it was about to pounce.

As for the The Falls, I remember when it was built. It was the place to be. Very pretty place with all that water and wood.

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  05:26:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Now, for some trivia - do you know what movie was playing at the theater when it burned?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that...I didn't even know it burned! We haven't lived there in over 30 years!

GrayEagle
Who do PEOPLE say Jesus is? Who do YOU say Jesus is?Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  06:49:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not been to a mall in over 6 years.

Can't wait to see what they are about, I forgot.

The mall is a dangerous place all of your money always disappears there.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  07:51:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wildflower, after Hurricane Wilma hit in November, the big Macy's store in The Falls closed down. It got a lot of damage so they moved everything over to Dadeland. Macy's took over all three of the Burdine's stores in Dadeland. I don't know if anything is planned to go into the store at The Falls. Bloomingdales is the only anchor store at The Falls now.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  08:19:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only mall we go to is town's center and we have not been there in years. I don't like the traffic, so I don't like malls.

Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  08:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gray & Joy -

I didn't know how long it had been since ya'll were there. The original Brunswick mall burned in the early 80's. The story was told that someone had tried to break into one of the jewelery stores through the roof, somehow cutting into some electrical wires causeing the fire. It was at night, so thankfully no one was in there. It was a horrific fire, difficult to contain and put out. The strangest thing of all was the movie playing was a horror movie called "The Gates Of Hell". How strange was that?

A lot of memories went up in smoke that night.

Life is a Journey -

Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  10:35:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorites are Mall of Georgia in Buford, Ga. because of the number of stores and IMAX theatre and Northpoint Mall because of the food court and carosal for kids. I do not like malls but have to go every once in a while.

Grey, I worked the Brunswick, Jekyll, St. Simons area for many years and I really like Brunswick. One of the insurance companies that I did work for wrote most of the motels and condos and beach front property. My wife and I renewed our wedding vows in the "worlds smallest church" just north of Brunswick in Southpoint. That was a unique experience. The church only holds about 6 people and the pulpit. a lot of people visit because of the serinity and get married there.

Social Change

Edited by - Social change on 04/10/2006 10:38:31 AMGo to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  12:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds cool, I want to see it, do you have a link to the church?

Malls? I have not been to one in Georgia yet.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  12:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TOWN CENTER! STRAIGHT SHOT FROM THE FOUR LANE! WOO HOO!LOL
Thing is, we only go there for some things.. like jewelry or bath and body but Mom and Dad have me set on that sooo.lol

Thats the only real uses I have for any mall and thats only because in that mall they have a jewelry repair dude that can size my rings right there on the spot when I get tooo fat or loose weight and I can sit and watch him and within about 30 minutes.. wah lah 25.00 bucks and no sent off for weeks and my diamonds or whatever arent replaced unless I want them or see it done myself.

Other than that... I shop discount stores and thrifts stores with my head up high!

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  12:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK OK... I also go into the Discovery stores.. and hunny has to literally drag me and the kids outta there and we are puffed up when we get in the car.. those stores are FUN!

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  1:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
was on the mall of ga, great! and many times on the cobb galeria mall and the other mall nearby. ok but not that BIG. hope theyr finish with the remoddeling as im back.

in münchen steht ein hofbräuhaus, eins, zwei, drei, gsuffa!

Go to Top of Page

nelly

USA
2816 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  6:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DoC, we can't pass a Discovery store without going in an looking at stuff for the grandkids! We LOVE that store too!

A simple act of kindness.....pass it onGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  6:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Mall of Ga. not because of the mall, but the stores around the area. Discovery Store is very kewl!!

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  7:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherry - I have a link - It's really beautiful and the pictures don't show all the colors from the staind glass windows, but the link has 3 different pics -

www.coastalcamelot.com/SCIA.htm

Life is a Journey -

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  7:20:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Taylor, I love that adorable little chapel!

Looks like a great place for a wedding. Too cute!

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  7:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nelly! Those springy thingys just amaze me.. I can wear my A.D.D. Shirt and go with you and bro in law next trip? OOO BOY!! HEHE! I HAVE PLAYMATES!

What is the other one called?? hmmm... yuns know... not Discovery and not Spencers I did say Spencers.. that nother one...

Spencers has cool retro stuff.. not the peorcing stuffs but like the John Lennon shirts and pins... and palm trees that inflate...

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

Hotdawg

USA
2357 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  7:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hotdawg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bass pro shop mall
academy outdoors mall
sporting goods section at walmart mallGo to Top of Page
paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  7:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dawg only one of those is a mall. LOL

Go to Top of Page

Hotdawg

USA
2357 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  7:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hotdawg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
not in a Mans World lol

Talent On Loan From GodGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  7:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! Discovery Mills in Duluth has a Bass Pro shop attached to the mall there. I love that store!!!

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy