New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 12 visitors.

All Forums
 Weather!
 Hurricane season 2006
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  3:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have heard that this year the hurricanes could be worse. I need to get the heck out of Dodge.

......KISS.....

Rouge

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  4:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
have you an BOB? bug out bag?

no more damage to helen!

"the biggest, strongest door use still an tiny key to open it"Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  6:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rouge, Dr. Gray and Max Mayfield are going to have revised predictions next Tuesday if I am not mistaken. I think I heard that Max is saying that it will be above normal but not as bad as last year.

With that said.....4 years and 10 months and counting down!

GrayEagle
Who do PEOPLE say Jesus is? Who do YOU say Jesus is?Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  3:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dr. Gray's prediction for 2006 (4 April 2006 Revision):

17 Named storms
9 Hurricanes
5 Intense Hurricanes

Not as bad as last year! But not wonderful either.

Only five more hurricane seasons left!

GrayEagle
Who do PEOPLE say Jesus is? Who do YOU say Jesus is?Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  3:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
but all well away from helen!

"new day new luck"

why arent blonde allowed on the M&M factory? cause they have littered all the W ones....Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  4:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I recall, Helen was damaged due to a tornado, not a hurricane.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  5:36:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cant say it for sure joy but the damage was the same. nobody should get that. stay save down there.

"new day new luck"

why arent blonde allowed on the M&M factory? cause they have littered all the W ones....Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  5:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think what Roger is trying to say is, they don't allow blonds in the M and M factory cause they keep throwing away all the M & M's that have W's on them!!

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  5:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
exactly coosa

"new day new luck"

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  6:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thats a cute one Rog. And I remember someone telling me that and I said "Huh?" cause I didn't get it at first...(blonde roots) but anyways...Rouge? Are you ever going to move here? If not then I'd consider it rather hard! We just can't watch you go threw all that mess you went through last year...shingles and all that! NO NO NO!

~Me crazy? Nah, just three teenagers, get back with me in the year 2010, we'll discuss it then.~Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  11:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well gang...Nine more days until this years edition of "that season" begins! This week Florida is having a tax free week on hurricane supplies.

The NHC had a news conference this morning and they said that even though this season will be bad, it will not be as busy as last year.

They are predicting 13-16 named storms, 8-10 becoming hurricanes w/4-6 of those becoming major hurricanes (cat 3 and above), but as our friend Max says: "It only takes ONE to make it a bad year!"

I'm sure that that gives comfort to the approximatly 16,000 people in Dade county that still have blue tarps on their roofs!

Joyfulringer

Edited by - joyfulringer on 05/22/2006 11:31:46 PMGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  06:50:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd take advantage of that tax free holiday for a bigger cooler, beer, batteries, flashlight and a good book.
Rouge, have you seen those coolers that hold ice for 5 days? Coleman's, I believe.

Did y'alls homeowners go up this year? My parents did by about 433%!
ouch!

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  08:38:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that is a lot!!

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  08:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think that the state considers beer as a "hurricane necessity"! I'm sure that Rouge, on the other hand, does!

We got a generator last year a couple of days before Wilma hit and it really helped out a lot. Just hope that we don't need it this year, but we have it in case we do!

Yes Maddy, our insurance will go up this year. I don't know how much. You would have to ask Gray about that.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  3:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How are the fires in florida? We may have to go there next week.

Go to Top of Page

honeybear

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  4:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The homeowner's insurance in Florida has gone crazy that's for sure. My son had a lot of damage on his house from Frances, and when it came time to renew his insurance he got cancelled. He had to pay almost 4 times as much to get covered!
We had Allstate on our home, and they paid some, although not near as much as WE'VE paid them all these years, but when it was time to re-new they raised us so much that it sent me shopping around. I did find another more reasonable, but still high.
Then when we bought our place in Blairsville, the isurance broker we used told me that he tried to get us Allstate, but because we had a claim in Florida the previous year, they wouldn't insure the one in Blairsville. How unfair is that? So we are done with Allstate, that's for sure.
We are NOT looking forward to this season. At least this year, if they predict a really bad one, we can "Head for the hills".

"Live well, Love often, Laugh a whole bunch!"Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  11:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, just come on up to the mountains and be safe!!

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy