New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 8 visitors.

All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Animal Control Ordinance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
sick and tired

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2006 :  5:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are Hidden Lake residents. Last year we had person to move into our neighborhood who brought three dogs with them. One is a bulldog that is very agressive. We have a lot of elderly people who walk regularly on the county road. Because of the agressive neighbor's dogs they have had to stop walking because the dogs charge at them. Animal Control has been called several times by several individuals out here but nothing has been done. The dogs continue to roam not only on the county road but on our private property. The owner has been approached and asked to control the dogs. What good is an animal control ordinance if no one is going to enforce it.

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2006 :  6:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If the dog is on the owner's property when it is making its menacing actions, you don't have any grounds for a complaint.

If the menacing actions are taking place while the dog is outside the owner's property then you should be calling the animal control officer.

You should keep track of dates and times that the complaint is called in, and follow-up with the animal control office after three days (the owner has one day to respond to a notice or request for information).

If you still continue to be threatened by the animal while it is off of the owner's property after lodging multiple (documented) complaints, then you should take your complaint to the Commissioner, along with the documentation of the previous complaints called into Animal Control.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukha

Edited by - ShadowMan on 03/30/2006 6:33:47 PMGo to Top of Page

sick and tired

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2006 :  7:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The owner has a daughter who lives with her, who is according to FL is a fugitive. She has been arrested at least three time here in Union County that we know of. FL does want her back. She is listed as a FL pickup only(according to FL). There is a small child which appears from time to time living at the house. Where is DFACS.

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2006 :  7:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I fail to see what that has to do with Animal Control.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

sick and tired

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2006 :  7:48:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What was stated earlier is the caliber of people we are dealing with here. They are all in the same household. But us residents appreciate you pointing out that this has nothing to do with animal control. No response from Animal control only is part of the problem.

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  08:23:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Somebody sat out 3 dogs on our road. They all run under the pipe in the road when a car goes by! Grrrrr! That just irks me!

~Me crazy? Nah, just three teenagers, get back with me in the year 2010, we'll discuss it then.~Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  10:13:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Theres some lots for sale over on this end of the county but we have deer thats in our back yard sometimes.

If the dogs are ROAMING around threatening other citizens without leashes and tags, I just dont understand why Animal Control hasnt done anything.

As for your other issues, unless that gal is roaming around peeing on your shrubs and barking at you, I dont understand that either. Im sorry but I dont.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  11:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have neighbors who let their dogs roam too, but the dogs are all friendly. I thought a leash law had taken effect? I only take my little dog out on a leash, but my old dog Lucy was a stray that we found starving. She has never been on a leash in her life or even in the car, except to get spayed. She is no trouble and rarely leaves this yard, but I guess I could get in trouble for violating the leash law?? She is 15 years old, so maybe she could get "grandfathered " in??

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy