New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 11 visitors.
 All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Blairsville Downtown Development
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 4
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  09:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all. Whispering). Cherry I stayed at three places when I visited Blairsville. I'm not sure what the name was, maybe Best Western in the same parking lot as Monets. Not impressed at all, and not cheap, but it sure looked great from the outside, Cherry I also staye in Hayesville at the www.Deerfied-inn.com where you stayed, It was such a nice place and a beautiful view, and I think it was only $49.00 or $59.00. I would stay there again. I also stayed at Highland Falls cabins, Very nice also.

..KISS.....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  10:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooops..... www.deerfield-inn.com

.....KISS.....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  10:16:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Most travelers will want to stay at Mobil's 4 or 5 star places

Give me a break. There are only two hotels with the Mobil 5-star rating and two hotels with the 4-star ratings in the whole state of Georgia.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  10:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My in laws stayed at Season's Inn and it seems pretty nice as is Holiday Inn. We are only a small town, how many places do we need?
There are lots of cabins available also.

Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  10:33:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shadow, Here in south Florida people get ripped off when they book a hotel on-line thinking it will be great by looking at their website. Before I stay anywhere I try to look at www.tripadvisor.com to see what REAL people think.

....KISS.....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  10:35:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the worst tourist traps for bad hotels is in Myrtle Beach. Cherry , I know you want to go there, but please check out the hotel first.

.....KISS.......

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  11:14:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rouge, Deerfield is nice but Ill be honest and it is fact that several kids have rented those motel rooms there and died in the rooms from O.D.ing and I remember one guy killing himself there. I dont know why they chose that motel and I dont think the kids planned to O.D.. Not that its the motels fault. Its just... strange. One year there was 2 deaths within months.

And I agree about Myrtle Beach. Our first trip this motel tried to charge is 80.00 for this room that still had beer cans all in it and the bed was nasty and not even made up. The room stank like urine and the tub... I wont even go there. We got our money back and went up the strip to this vacation rental place and got a very nice private community retreat package for 75.00 a night. It was very elegant and had gates with gaurds who checked everyone who cam in and out. Had 3 pools and the beach too.

Fawn, youre right. Cabins are a big thing here for tourist. They like them.

Even caring has an ulterior motive. from the movie NELL

Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  11:35:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doc, It gives mew goose bumps to think some young person may have died in the same room I was staying. I had no idea.

........KISS....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  11:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, I knew that, that is where I stay. If I have to pay my money it will be where I want to stay.

Social ChangeGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  11:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is too bad that the old lightening center downtown did not become a restaurant. That would have helped the downtown area out a lot. Instead it is a beverage place.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  11:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't been to myrtle beach in YEARS, & have no desire to go. It was dirty years ago & probably just as dirty now.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  11:50:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back again, Yes I agree, Myrtle Beach is the world headquarters for cheap, trashy motels. Gadzooks, how can anyone stay there.

I was in a motel once that was being cleaned when I arrived. This was in Florida. Without the motel knowing, I marked a big X in magic marker on the sheets at the foot of the bed. Yes, when I officially checked in, you guessed it, the X was still there. How fast can you get to a front office and check out?

Does anyone know how often motels change the comfortor or bedspread? Do you know what went on by the prior occupant.

Only stay at the very,very best motels and hotels. You would be surprised at the strange creatures in a motel room.

Social change
Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  11:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geeez, Am I going to get in trouble chatting at work, But did any of you see Dateline last night about bedbugs in Hotels. ???

.......KISS........

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  12:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blairsville doesn't have the 4 or 5 star hotels for sure. Brasstown Valley Resort is nice. We stayed there the night of the Gala & for a good price too. If my parents were coming to visit me, I'd for sure put them there over anywhere else. My mom is like me and doesn't like anything under a 4. Can't always get what cha want though.
I'm like Monk when it comes to all hotels, Rouge. I have my little can of lysol & silk pillow cases. I rip the comforter off the bed and bring my own blanket.
A friend of ours got bed bug biten at the Broadmor hotel (5star) in Colorado!!

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  12:23:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree about Myrtle Beach. The first time I went was when I was about 10 years old. I didnt like. Never had a desire to go back. Now my husband had always wanted to go so a couple of years ago I gave in and we went and he saw and he had the same impression. It is not our idea of a beach vacation. Some people love it, well a bunch from all the traffic there. I didn't lose nothin there so I have no need to go. LOL

A closed mouth gathers no foot.Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  12:33:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have stayed at 5 Star and 0 Star, 5 Diamond and 0 Diamond. Quite frankly, the 5's loose hands down over many of the "lower" rated hotel.

GrayEagle
Who do PEOPLE say Jesus is? Who do YOU say Jesus is?Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  1:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What does this have to do with downtown developement, we need a new topic called "bed bugs" [Automated by GetSmile]

Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  1:41:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
coosa, Being that we are females, and being that we gossip and talk , it's so hard to stay on the right topic. I just hope Admin understands that we stray. "Bedbugs in hotels" NAH!!!

.......KISS.....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  1:44:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geeeez, I can remember talkin' bout eating raw oyster , and before we were done we were talking about Tom Cruise......Guess we can't help it coosa. And what am I going to tell my boss. I don't think he would understand if he caught me typing about bedbugs.

.......KISS......

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  2:59:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  3:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Admin.I owe you 3 now. Isn't that correct??? I'm trying

......KISS......

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  3:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back to topic. I think the fort downtown should be moved, it is too small.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  3:59:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ive got a chit chat topic yuns are welcome there and people can stay on their topics here ...

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  10:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We will be leaving for Myrtle Beach in 3 weeks. But I haven't had the horror stories ya'll have. My aunt owns a beach home right on the beach. So we just drive the golf cart to the beach. Sweet N Low (MOM) Peachy and I are leaving for a good looooong weekend! I cant wait.

Umm Sorry Admin, Ummm Yeah we need Blairsville Downtown Developements or people to Umm Well do their........Ok I have no idea what it is.......I JUST HAD TO throw that in there! Ok...I wont DO IT AGAIN! I PWOMISE!

~Me crazy? Nah, just three teenagers, get back with me in the year 2010, we'll discuss it then.~Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  11:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehe! Yall will have a blast!

I am looking forward to what is in store for us. They are making strides to even form a downtown developement. Tryin to please everyone would be hard to deal with... regardless WHO sits in the chairs that takes the care and consern to be at the table with others giving a hoot rather than who is sitting at their home pointing things out.

We have lots of potential to do good things. We will always have potential as long as their is someone who does care and puts their best foot forward to make things actually happen.

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 4 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy