New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 12 visitors.
BoeBro Ventures, Inc. and Blairsville.com does not provide legal advice or services. The information here is provided by Blairsville.com members and is not verified for truthfulness or accuracy. You should consult a legal professional regarding any legal issues.
 All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Alcohol by the drink
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Page: 
of 29
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  3:22:52 PM  Show Profile
And yet the drugs also are something we rely on enforcement to take care of as well. Babysit this one with this and that for that. My children know the harms of drugs. Not to say they wont try to experience them just to see what they are about but GOD willing they wont and if they do, I will do like my mawmaw done over me when I asked her what beer tasted like.. I PRAY IT MAKES YOU PUKE AND SICK AS THE DAY IS LONG JUST SO YOU WONT LIKE IT LIKE YOUR OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS DO. Well her prayers work cause anytime I even try to sip,... I get a head ache or something else.
The rest of your post there Don.. is yours cause I do not relate one bit to it. Thats yours out there in this web world.

As for treating this as if I were on the side who would take full feldge advantage of it, I started my experimenting younger and it always made me sick. I tried every weekend for many to like it.. cant say that I ever actually had anything good come from it.
Then again, that was before I learned about moderation.. and self control over alcohol and one taste wasnt good second one was kindly better than that first and then the rest.. well I dont remember the taste going down as much as coming up to be totally exact.

I am treating this as I would anything else.. with a grain of salt. Its been talk for many years that tobacco would be outlawed and ya dont see me raising cain on here when the prices go up and up.. I know my own bad habits and pay the price. You dont see me on the grrs and errs sayin, DANG THEM CIGS WENT FROM 1.99 A PACK TO ALMOST 4 BUCKS.. nope, I havent. And I know as time goes on.. and as it too will one day get its say of being outlawed.. I will have to suck it up and go on with life. I dont blame no one else for me smoking or the cost..

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  4:29:21 PM  Show Profile
Alpha, that was very well said and easy to understand, thanks!

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  9:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage
Just say this article on MSNBC.COM Cell phone talkers as bad as drunk drivers

GrayEagle
Your Choice. Make today a wonderful Day!Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  10:18:31 PM  Show Profile
Dad, thats a very good point and true I believe. A very fact-filled story!Thank you!

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  10:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
Doesn't North Carolina already have a law against driving while talking? Someone told me that today. But I would have to agree. I know when I was on the road alot, and talking on mine, I wasn't as "alert" or I guess the word should be as "cautious", even when I had near miss situations I didn't react as I should have emotionally or physically. So You're probably right and they are, Cell phones and Drinking are Killers!

"Christianity is not a religion; it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  10:56:38 PM  Show Profile
"I don't think the point in talking about cigarettes is that somehow they're more harmful than alcohol, or that alcohol therefore can't be harmful. The point is that it's hard to reconcile which harmful substances we let people choose to abuse, and which ones we decide they're not allowed to use.

When you're voting, though, if you don't do the thing that you're asked to give up, perhaps you should vote as if you were being asked to give up something that you do and enjoy, since it's sometimes too easy to give up freedoms you don't intend to use anyway.

Every freedom you give up for the greater good sets the precedent for another to go that same way. And yes, to acknowledge those that are worried that this vote opens the door to more sales, the opposite is true as well. Every freedom you regain sets the precendent to gain more.

My point here is that we all have our motives for how we would vote on this issue. It just seems important to understand how those same motives get applied when the situation changes to a different issue."

Thanks Alpha,

You saved me from a lot of typing.

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  11:06:55 PM  Show Profile
I agree with the cell phone thing. It's hard to hold a cell phone to the ear, while having a puff on my cigarette & taking a drink from my ice cold beer, & trying to shift gears too. Jeez!

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  11:09:20 PM  Show Profile
Thank God I know I aint no multi tasker!

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

why

USA
2072 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  08:25:17 AM  Show Profile
donp, Sorry, I did not realize that this was your planet, I do wonder who gave you the keys? Please turn out the light when you leave.

whyGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  5:46:09 PM  Show Profile
I am a lipstick person, so I have to talk on my cell phone, puff on my cigarette, take a swig of my barcardi silver and try to put on lipstick while shifting gears!

Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  6:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage
And don't forget to pet Holly during the drive!!

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  7:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage
Coosa be careful while doing all of that .A few years back a young woman in St. Petersburg, rear-ended another car while painting her lips,resulting in her demise.What a useless way to go,not very glorious either. WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  9:02:20 PM  Show Profile
Hiccup!

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  12:39:49 PM  Show Profile
Mr.Jenkins, I was only kidding, I do not smoke (I am not that stupid), I do not drink and drive, I do not own a cell phone, and I don't put on make up while I drive either!!

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  1:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage
I have the ability to recognize fact from fiction. Congrats. You scored 100% on my test of responsibility.WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  1:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
Went to town last night. Cops were out checking all the "tints" on windows. Now there were several intoxicated kids, one of which I made sure someone followed home before I left, (happen to drive up on the scene,long story ...) Not one cop was doing breathalizers. That I seen. More worried about tint on the windows. Tail lights, etc....I was actually in shock that this little feller was driving around VERY intoxicated and very noticeable, that not one cop stopped him. Really made me wonder how it's really going to be later on. Yes, I made sure he got home. Yes, He made it home. With help. And No, I didn't preach to him! And yes, he was underaged.

"Christianity is not a religion; it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  1:58:59 PM  Show Profile
SAD! VERY SAD!

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  2:13:34 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Coosa be careful while doing all of that .A few years back a young woman in St. Petersburg, rear-ended another car while painting her lips,resulting in her demise.What a useless way to go,not very glorious either. WRJ

William R.Jenkins

Bet her lipstick had to be redone for her funeral as well, a task not well served!

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

AlphaDraconis

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  2:25:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit AlphaDraconis's Homepage
I don't know about it in Union County, but there are police with breathalizers built into the flashlights they shine into the window when they pull you over. It tells them if they need to check the person closer. Do they use a flashlight to check window tints?

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  2:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
LOL! Ummm...No! I got stopped the other morning. I was driving Big Boy's truck to work and one of the GSP's done my "measuring"...He has a device that measures it. No flash light needed. Big' Boy's truck was a 15%...It's suppose to be 33 or something like that...The thing that kind of "tickled me" was when he got up to my window, here I sat with nurse scrubs on...Peachy in her scrubs and I know he thought he was going to have a "punk"...but It was just Lil Ole Me! LOL! Big Boy doesn't drive that truck much since he bought his F250 Powerstroke...So I like the gas mileage and I have been driving it. Anyways...

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  3:17:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage
Easier to check window tints than to stop a speeder or a drunk. I am sure many more accidents have been caused by speeders or drunk drivers than dark window tint.

Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  3:21:46 PM  Show Profile
My windows are not legal either my husband says. Great! Just Great! LOL

A closed mouth gathers no foot.Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  3:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
Puddin, there is a NEW GSP, and he has squinty eyes..thats all I will allow on that but...He is stopping EVERYONE he can. So be careful. I have heard a lot of people have been stopped just recently. Seems to get the sports cars and the "Punked" out 4X4's...or so it seems now. SOmeone said that was all he knew to stop! LOL! He was nice to me tho...I will say that cause I was like "ummm so what do you want me to do now..rip it off here..?" he kind of giggled or gave that GSP smirk and said "Just have your son to fix it!"...He gave me a warning ticket. WHich was nice. And Big BOy said he wasn't fixing it. Said he has been through too many traffic stops. Road blocks and everything else and none of them ever said a word. Just a new one on the block I reckon. Most of the cars that are tinted aren't legal. Even factory tinted new off the lots aren't either.

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  5:17:55 PM  Show Profile
OK. NOW HOW DO YOU CHECK TO SEE IF IT IS TINTED TO DARK? SHOULD I PULL HIM OVER WITH MY KIDS LIGHT UP SHOES SMACKIN THE DASH AND ASK HIM TO CHECK MINE SO HE WONT PULL ME OVER?? OME! HOOTIE TINTED OURS FOR US.. AND WE HAVE ONE THE ITS OK STICKERS... HMMMM.. IS OURS TOO DARK YA RECKON? OME, NOW I AM WORRIED.. HUNNYS COUSIN IS MARRIED TO ONE OF OUR GSP.. HE DIDNT SAY ANYTHING AT THE REUNION A FEW WEEKS AGO AND I AM SURE HE WOULDA???? OME, OMY...

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  6:44:50 PM  Show Profile
I wish the cops would stop some of these underage drivers. I have been wondering about the pool hall. There does not seem to be very many people going there Friday night!

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 29 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy