New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 58 visitors.

All Forums
 Weather!
 Weather headsup
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
tybee

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  4:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Read this if you are going to take your yacht on the lake.

Issued at: 4:01 PM EST 2/25/06, expires at: 12:15 AM EST 2/26/06

Wind advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 12 pm est sunday for much of north and west central georgia,
The NWS in peachtree city has issued a wind advisory, which is in effect from midnight tonight to 12 pm est sunday.
A low pressure system along the northeast gulf of mexico will move east across south georgia tonight and into the atlantic on Sunday. A cold front across the tennessee valley late Saturday afternoon will sweep across north and central georgia tonight and Sunday in the wake of this low pressure system. A tight pressure gradient behind the cold front will result in winds increasing from the north later tonight into Sunday morning then diminishing Sunday afternoon and evening. Winds across north and west central georgia are expected to be in the 15 to 25 mph range late tonight and sunday morning. Winds could gust up to 35 mph at times.
Winds will be strong enough to blow about loose, unsecured objects such as garbage cans and lawn furniture. In addition, these strong winds are expected to cause a significant chop on area lakes. Boaters are urged to use extra caution.
A wind advisory means that sustained winds of 20 to 35 mph or wind gusts of at least 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.

Tybee

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  4:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope hunny and I will be home by then and we aint gonna be on the water or around the camp... Lord I was not expecting that tho.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  5:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Tybee. Like I said before you should be the official weather person for this site. You do a wonderful job. Thank you once again.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  5:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thank you too tybee!! We just put up roof trusses, but they should be ok! It was wonderful to see you last night!

Go to Top of Page

tybee

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  12:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Issued at: 11:56 AM EST 2/26/06, expires at: 1:00 PM EST 2/26/06

The wind advisory will expire at noon est today.
Winds were blowing in the 15 to 25 mph range with some gusts over 30 mph during the morning hours. Winds will gradually diminish to 10 to 20 mph from the north during the afternoon and to around 5 to 10 mph by sunset.

Tybee

Edited by - tybee on 02/26/2006 2:43:47 PMGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  2:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks tybee, now I can take my yacht out!!(I think I left it in the tub)

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy