New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 10 visitors.
BoeBro Ventures, Inc. and Blairsville.com does not provide legal advice or services. The information here is provided by Blairsville.com members and is not verified for truthfulness or accuracy. You should consult a legal professional regarding any legal issues.

All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 anyone know how to find out the laws in GA?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Lyons2as1

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  7:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lyons2as1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we have big problems in our community....there are lose dogs every where and no one seems to respect their own neighbor..are there any laws that can keep some guide lines as to how others should treat their neighbor? And are there any laws helping renters with problems?

Gods Grace

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  7:08:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lyons, is it safe to assume you live in Union County?

GrayEagle
"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears."
Edgar Allen PoeGo to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  7:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
County ordinanaces are published online here: http://www.municode.com/resources/gateway.asp?pid=13588&sid=10

The landlord / renter relationships are covered by state laws. The following may be useful: Landlord-Tenant Handbook

More extensive information regarding Georgia laws can be found at: http://www.legis.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/gl_codes_detail.pl?code=1-1-1
(Enter your search term where it says "Search:")

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  02:10:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:( Lyons, Im sorry. I thought there was a leash law. We all have a friend who was attacked not so long ago and now.. she has a pack of dogs that end up at or around her house. We do have animal control right? Do they patrol does anyone know or ? Do they just come when someone calls and I AINT BEING MEAN EITHER.. I just do not know how that works!?

Lyons, is this your landlords doggies?

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

Lyons2as1

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  5:59:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lyons2as1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now there are Two new BIG Problems here....thw same neighbors who let their dogs run loose asll the time has been burning everything including, plastic etc....it stinks up the whole neighborhood. And the people we rent from have yet to fix the fence and air conditioner...and raising our rent $50.00 a month...We were told that after renting for a year we would have the option to buy and after two years....they tell us no,only if they want to sell it???? Somebody HELP USD PLEASE!!!

quote:

County ordinanaces are published online here: http://www.municode.com/resources/gateway.asp?pid=13588&sid=10

The landlord / renter relationships are covered by state laws. The following may be useful: Landlord-Tenant Handbook

More extensive information regarding Georgia laws can be found at: http://www.legis.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/gl_codes_detail.pl?code=1-1-1
(Enter your search term where it says "Search:")

Shadow

This is my kirttimukha

Gods GraceGo to Top of Page

Lyons2as1

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  6:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lyons2as1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes we are in union county

quote:

Lyons, is it safe to assume you live in Union County?

GrayEagle
"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears."
Edgar Allen Poe

justamom

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  8:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lyons2as1, check your email!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  1:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are supposed to get a permit to burn!

Go to Top of Page

Lyons2as1

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  8:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lyons2as1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
but burning plastics and not just paper and wood....isnt that against the law?
quote:

You are supposed to get a permit to burn!

Gaonmymind

199 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  10:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Find a new place to live-or contact an attorney.

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  10:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
but burning plastics and not just paper and wood....isnt that against the law?

Yes, state law. You start out by calling the Ranger for this area - Tony Harkins or Rick Hood (706-781-2398)or Email at unionunit@gfc.state.ga.us. They'll usually come out and explain to the offender why it's wrong and that fines can apply.

Enforcement is a different story. That falls under the Evironmental Protection Division. But start with the Rangers. They should get first crack.

Shadow

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  10:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
We were told that after renting for a year we would have the option to buy and after two years....they tell us no,only if they want to sell it???

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure it would have to be written down in the lease agreement for you to be able to hold them to it.

Shadow

Lyons2as1

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  3:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lyons2as1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thank you all for your help...i am blessed by all of you letting me know what to do and where to go...

GaPeachGirls

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  8:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Animal control...ha ha. One guy, his name is Kent. Call the sheriffs office they will give you his number. I understand we have new laws about dogs needing to be under their owners control or be chained up."Dogs have to be fixed to run around but have to come when called.But have to be tied up."This is what I was told.

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy