New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 18 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Grocery store chains
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  3:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's right, Luv, I have never used a card at Publix either. The only place that I have one of those cards is for DSW and they only asked me for my name, address, phone # and email. I also have a Hallmark Gold Crown card that I get bonus points when I buy stuff and they send me coupons for discounts. Right now I have a $10.00 coupon burning a hole in my pocket that is good til the end of June.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  3:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, just came back from Publix. We are here in FL till Monday or Tuesday of next week. The store was so organized, so CLEAN, so well-stocked. Other than our very close friends, Publix is the only thing I miss in FL. If yuns want Publix to come to the GA mountains, then go to their website and send them your comments. I did several months ago as did my neighbor. Someone from Publix even called her to ask questions about our area.

Go to www.publix.com and click on send us a message.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  3:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I din't even know there was a publix in Gainesville. Interesting site, Fawn.

Go to Top of Page

MiddleAgeCrazy

USA
1435 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  3:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Publix would be sweet

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  3:18:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is the only thing I miss about florida too.

Go to Top of Page

JawJa Gurl

USA
1139 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  4:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree it'd be nice for some more variety of grocery stores but I wudn't shop at a Publix if we got one. I don't now. I just don't like em. The people that work & shop in em always seem to think they're better than others. I know it'd probably be different up here but they're still too expensive for my single budget. I will give em credit b/c their stores are always very clean.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  4:40:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since I have not shopped in them for so long, i really don't know how the prices compare with Ingles and Bi Lo. In my opinion, Ingles is often cheaper than Bi lo for some for the products.

Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  5:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FYI...didn't find much difference in the prices at Publix, Ingles and BiLo....some things cheaper, some things more expensive. Where I am currently...Volusia County...the people in the store (Publix)were actually more pleasant than at the stores in Blairsville. But remember I am a "local" here in FL but a "local" not in Blairsville.

Okay...don't get defensive...I'm just nudging you all a little bit.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  5:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YOU ARE NOW LOCAL HERE CAUSE YA LIVE HERE DARLIN.. ;)

Glad you are on the puter!

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  5:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah...you're right!! I am a local now. I forgot.

Well, Publix in FL treats us tourists and visitors very nicely. However, no matter how great I am treated at Publix, I'd rather be home in the N GA mountains playing in the snow!!

Go to Top of Page

luvngamtns

309 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  6:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jawja Girl, the Publix stores here are, for the most part, noticeably lower in price than the competition. I'm not one to notice a few cents difference so if I pick up on it, it's substantial. It's usually a difference of 10 cents or more per item compared to Albertson's or Kash n Karry/Sweetbay which are the competition down here.

Go to Top of Page

JawJa Gurl

USA
1139 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  11:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fawn sweetie, no one's gonna get defensive, if they do then they need a life. :)

I've heard that before about Publix bein cheaper in some places. Although they've been in GA a good bit now, they're still considered fairly new (not like in FL) and they've finally started realizin that their prices were above the competition and have started to come down.

Edited by - JawJa Gurl on 02/10/2006 11:32:50 AMGo to Top of Page

luvngamtns

309 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  9:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they price based on the demographics. I know that the prices at their stores on the beaches here are higher than the stores on the mainland. I'm sure if they came to the area they would be competitive with the competition

Go to Top of Page

Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  09:44:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been doing some long range research. Now this is a non verified rumor, but my source is reliable. No timetable but info is will be rather soon. Again, this is just info obtained and l have been unable to verify all the details. etc.

Ingles is going to construct a new superstore on Hwy 515. next to CVS and will take in all property from CVS up to Plott St. Possibly will have to buy and demolish 2 buildings. If this happens then Bi Lo will have to do the same or close.

Now, with Ingles possibly moving, would not it be great for Wal Mart to build adjacent to Home Depot and demolish that old rag tag strip center that Ingles is currently in and that would give them a big store plus plenty of parking. The current Ingles s/c is nothing but an eyesore that has outlived it's economic usefullness and needs to go.
Speaking of groceries, this is food for thought.Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  09:51:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Social change, we have a young man on the forum who has worked for Ingles for years. He told us that Ingles is going to stay where they are but expand into the old Ingles that they abandonded, so they will be much bigger. But i am sure it will not be much cleaner than the old store. They need someone to keep the outside of the store clean. I would still rather have a publix.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  09:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just don't understand why people want "sprawl". It's worse than kudzu!

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  10:32:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I shop at Ingles once or twice a month. Mostly, I go to Foodland for the everday items we need.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  4:08:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And I perfer a Wal-Mart Supercenter. Can buy ALMOST everything I need with one stop.

GrayEagle
"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears."
Edgar Allen PoeGo to Top of Page

diane dyer

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  4:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

And I perfer a Wal-Mart Supercenter. Can buy ALMOST everything I need with one stop.

GrayEagle
"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears."
Edgar Allen Poe

Couldn't agree more GE.
I get tired of bagging my own groceries at BILO.

JMT DD

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  4:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you bag your own groceries too? I do too! There's never enough baggers around bilo.

*I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe*Go to Top of Page

diane dyer

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  4:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
9 times out of 10 I do it myself. At least they have senior citizen discounts on wednesday's.

JMT DD

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  5:20:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I shop both when I dont go to WalMart. I get the same ole same ole and PCM has even went with me and its just so much cheaper and I can get the things I need other than the grocerys in one stop. :)

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

diane dyer

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  5:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree DOC. That is one of the million and one reasons we should fight to get a WalMart here.

KEEP IT ALIVE....IS MY MOTTO
JMT DD

Go to Top of Page

diane dyer

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  3:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I enjoy shopping at Kroger when in the areas that have one. Went to one today on the way back from Atlanta, it is so nice not to have to bag your own groceries.

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy