New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.
 All Forums
 Weather!
 Winter Storm Watch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 7
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
tybee

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  11:58:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=GAZ008&warncounty=GAC291&local_place1=Blairsville&product1=Winter+Storm+Watch

Tybee

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  12:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I clicked on that link, my computer went off. Can someone tell me what it said?

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  12:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One product found:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winter Storm Watch
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA
1155 AM EST SUN FEB 5 2006

GAZ001>009-011>016-019>025-030>035-041>045-060100-
/O.CON.KFFC.WS.A.0001.060206T1100Z-060206T2100Z/
DADE-WALKER-CATOOSA-WHITFIELD-MURRAY-FANNIN-GILMER-UNION-TOWNS-
CHATTOOGA-GORDON-PICKENS-DAWSON-LUMPKIN-WHITE-FLOYD-BARTOW-
CHEROKEE-FORSYTH-HALL-BANKS-JACKSON-POLK-PAULDING-COBB-
NORTH FULTON-GWINNETT-BARROW-HARALSON-CARROLL-DOUGLAS-
SOUTH FULTON-DEKALB-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CALHOUN...DAHLONEGA...CLEVELAND...
ROME...CARTERSVILLE...GAINESVILLE...MARIETTA...ATLANTA...
LAWRENCEVILLE...CARROLLTON...DOUGLASVILLE...EAST POINT...DECATUR
1155 AM EST SUN FEB 5 2006

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING
THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON...

A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING
THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON.

AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ACROSS THE MID
SOUTH LATE SUNDAY. AS THIS LOW PRESSURE AREA MOVES EAST INTO THE
DEEP SOUTH...MODERATE PRECIPITATION WILL DEVELOP ALONG AND NORTH
OF THE LOW AND INTO GEORGIA LATE SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING.

THE AIRMASS NEAR THE GROUND WILL BE COLD AND DRY BEFORE THE
PRECIPITATION ARRIVES AND WILL LIKELY CAUSE THE PRECIPITATION TO
FALL AS SNOW OR A MIXTURE OF SNOW AND RAIN BEFORE CHANGING TO
RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON.

IF THE RIGHT PARAMETERS COME TOGETHER...AS SOME COMPUTER MODELS
INDICATE...SIGNIFICANT SNOW MAY FALL ACROSS A SWATH OF NORTH
GEORGIA...ROUGHLY FROM NEAR ROME TO THE NORTH ATLANTA METRO AREAS
TO GAINESVILLE. AMOUNTS UP TO 2 INCHES MAY BE POSSIBLE ON GRASSY
OR EXPOSED SURFACES...INCLUDING BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES.

FURTHER SOUTH ACROSS WEST CENTRAL GEORGIA...MIDTOWN AND SOUTH
ATLANTA METRO...OVER TO THE ATHENS AREA...PRECIPITATION WILL
LIKELY FALL AS A MIXTURE OF RAIN AND SNOW WITH PERIODS OF
MODERATE SNOW POSSIBLE. UP TO AN INCH MAY BE POSSIBLE ON EXPOSED
SURFACES AS WELL AS BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES.

THE SYSTEM IS STILL ORGANIZING AT THIS TIME. IF IT BECOMES WEAKER
OR TEMPERATURES ARE WARMER THAN EXPECTED...THEN LITTLE OR EVEN NO
SNOW WILL OCCUR. IF THE SYSTEM BECOMES STRONGER...SIGNIFICANT
SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED OVER A LARGER AREA.

RESIDENTS OF NORTH GEORGIA ARE URGED TO MONITOR THIS SITUATION
CAREFULLY. STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR YOUR LOCAL MEDIA
OUTLETS FOR FURTHER STATEMENTS OR POSSIBLE WARNINGS OR
ADVISORIES.

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL.
CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

$$

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  1:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O YAY!

Hunny picked up the boys in YH this mornin and there was an inch of snow everywhere! Last nite we came home and changed clothes and it was snowing like crazy in YH but the closer to Bville we got the less we saw.. after we changed clothes.. we went to Big Blue to get a movie (we are going thru a faze of buying movies instead of renting for some reason.. hunnys thing) and anyways, it was snowing in Murphy like it was in YH.. strange.. Like it was patched up in certain places.. I remember when we lived in YH more than one occassion it would be raining there and Im serious, it was like at the line (YH/BVILLE) it would just be like a cut off of the rain.. Weather here is strange. lol

Anyone up for Brasstown bald.lol!

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  1:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sleigh bells ring! Are you listening? It's a beautiful site, We're Happy Tonight....walking in a winter wonderland.!

Oppppps! Sorry got caught up in the SNOW mood!

Let It Snow Let It Snow Let It Snow!

And Yes I still have to work if it snows! LOL! Unless of course we get about 6 inches then we might call it off. <hopefully we'll get 7 or 8?>

~Me crazy? Nah, just three teenagers, get back with me in the year 2010, we'll discuss it then.~Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  2:28:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the sky is blue & sunny here. Where's this storm?!

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  2:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tomorrow, i think!!

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  2:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The information from the NOAA link that tybee provided has been updated. For the latest, go to the link.

GrayEagle
"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears."
Edgar Allen PoeGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  2:40:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guess Monday's been called off, it's now tonight through tomorrow am.

AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ACROSS THE MID
SOUTH LATE SUNDAY. AS THIS LOW PRESSURE AREA MOVES EAST INTO THE
DEEP SOUTH...MODERATE PRECIPITATION WILL DEVELOP ALONG AND NORTH
OF THE LOW AND INTO GEORGIA LATE SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  3:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is the differnce in an Advisory and a Watch?

~Me crazy? Nah, just three teenagers, get back with me in the year 2010, we'll discuss it then.~Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  3:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A watch goes tick tock and has a pretty face with numbers on it.

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  3:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cute! LOL! Ok...One more time...Does an adiversory mean that it's coming and a watch means that it could come? I think I answered my own questions!

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  3:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lady, your answer from a weather site in Canada:

A WEATHER WATCH
alerts you that conditions are favourable for the development of severe weather. Watch the skies and listen for updated watches and possibly weather warnings.
A WEATHER WARNING
alerts you that severe weather is occurring or that hazardous weather is highly probable. Severe thunderstorm or tornado warnings may be issued less than one hour in advance. Other weather warnings may be issued six to twelve hours in advance.
A WEATHER ADVISORY
means actual or expected weather conditions may cause general inconvenience or concern, but do not pose a serious enough threat to warrant a weather warning. An advisory may also be used when conditions show signs of becoming favourable for severe weather when the situation is not definite enough or too far in the future to justify a warning.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  3:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So theres a 30% maybe for the watch and maybe 50% for the nothern and 90% for the lastun??? or..? LOL! I had to scroll back up to recall wether we was watchin, advised or what.. now Im gonna go study this better so Ill member it!

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

tybee

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  4:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update:

Winter weather advisory in effect from 6 am to 4 pm est monday,
The NWS in peachtree city has issued a winter weather advisory, which is in effect from 6 am to 4 pm est Monday. The winter storm watch is no longer in effect.
An area of low pressure is expected to develop across the mid south late Sunday. As this low pressure area moves east into the deep south, moderate precipitation will develop along and north of the low and into georgia late Sunday night and Monday morning.
The airmass near the ground will be cold and dry before the precipitation arrives and will likely cause the precipitation to fall as snow or a mixture of snow and rain. Up to two inches of snow accumulation may be possible on grassy or exposed surfaces across north georgia, including bridges and overpasses. The highest amounts are expected in a line roughly from rome, to near canton, to just north of gainesville.
A winter weather advisory means that periods of snow, sleet, or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.

TybeeGo to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  4:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Shadow! Once again, Did I ever tell you that you're my Hero?

Doc, Hun, I think the watch is cancelled and has 'advanced' to an advisory. Hopefully, (my hopes, that is) that it will advance on to a Winter Weather Warning by morning so I can see a beautiful white snow! Just one good snow before spring. Just one GOOD one is all I ask for before the pretty flowers come busting through!

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  6:03:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like ya'll...I'm a waitin' on the SNOW!! The clouds have started rollin' in, so maybe...hopefully we'll get more than just a dusting!!
I love getting out and riding in the snow...We use to go up on Bald Mountain, but I think now they lock they gate. Sure is pretty up there tho...a true Winter Wonderland!
Does anyone on here remember years ago when Ingles parking lot was THE place to go during a snow?? *wink* Ahhh...sooo much fun!!
Oohhh, I'm gettin' excited...feel like a kid on Christmas Mornin'!!

"Donít be afraid to be yourself, the people who matter donít care;
the people that care donít matter."

~*Topaz*~Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  6:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember the days when the police was having just as much fun as us kids turning circles in the snow. Harlan D. used to tell us that as long as we didn't hurt any buildings, signs, or the square that he didn't care which way we went or how many times around we went. Those were the days.

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  7:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I LOVED THE INGLES PARKIN LOT! AND GOING AROUND THE SQUARE BACKWARDS LITERALLY~!

Harlan was the MAN! Yep, those were the days. Hubby would pick me up from Owltown (when Iworked there in my Junior/Senior Years after the big snows and we would go to Bald Mtn and we always went to Ingles Parking Lot. There was somewhere else we went too...Where was it? I forget now! And yes, the cops joined right in there and had a bawl too! Oh well....Time changes things.

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  7:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's changed again! LOL! Now we are under a snow advisory! YAHOOO!

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  7:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok.. Thank you Lady cause I was fused.lol...

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  8:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use to go up on Richard Russell...ride thru Hatchet Creek...and we tried to be the 1st ones thru Coopers...talk about beautiful over there!!
Yep...the cops joined right in with everyone back in them days...don't think there's much chance of that now...lol!!

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  8:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Topy, my Sis and BIL have a place on Helton Creek Road. We come in from Richard Russel on Hatchet Creek road! DoC know where the house is!

GrayEagle
"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears."
Edgar Allen PoeGo to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  8:14:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sure is pretty up there Gray...but even more so when there's a fresh layer of snow on the ground!!
Ok...all this talk has me ready for the snow...and ready to get out and go riding!!

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  8:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welll! I do know where that is/ now.lol

Brasstown Bald use to be our winter wonder land... I used to collect womp womps that would freeze and break off the roads.. they were actually reflectors... hmmm was that against the law if they were broken of the pavement?

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  8:24:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL...don't know if pickin' up 'womp womps' is illegal or not...

Topic is 7 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy