New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 10 visitors.

All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Georgia Child Support Enforcement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  12:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does it actually work? What are the benefits? Isnt it sad a non custodial parent would run from paying support to help their child live? Isnt it a shame that we have to have this program.

How does the CSE enforce their laws? Do they keep active on cases?

How does it differ from other states programs and are there states who do not have this option?

Does this teach the parent a lesson or mainly secures the debt to be paid?

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi

MiddleAgeCrazy

USA
1435 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  06:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They first obtasin a warrant for the arrest of the person. Then enter them on NCIC/GCIC. Its usually not long before they get picked up. They are located so many ways its not funny after that happens.

Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  10:11:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been my sister's experience that it doesnt work well at all. Her ex doesnt work at all ever using his real SSN or either does odd jobs. They located him two times in nearly 10 years but he was long gone by the time they came callin both times. I wish sometimes I could get ahold of him around the neck and umm some others parts!

My reality check bouncedGo to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  11:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it doesn't work at ALL from our first hand experience!! My husband had to go through them to get child support for his son. HE'S the custodial parent, the mother left the child and went out of state. We received child support $10.00 a week, (can you beleive that?) for about 4 months. Now it's been OVER 2 years and we haven't received a penny, nothing!! We know where she is, we know her phone number, we know everything, And have given this information to child support recovery. NOTHING has been done, NOTHING has happened, NOTHING!!

As for them being arrested? She's not been and to my knowledge there hasn't been an arrest warrant out for her. We call Child support Recovery about every 3 months to check the status etc. Again, NOTHING is being done. We can't afford an attorney, we've looked into it and they want CASH up front before they will do anything! So what do we do?? You'd think Child Support Recovery would help, well in our case, they don't!

Now I think if it was reveresed and my husband was the one not paying child support, they'd probably be all over him and have him arrested. It seems since she is the mother that left the child, they seem to take it more gently than if it was a man!! I THINK THIS IS SAD!! Am I frustrated about this, you betcha!!

Edited by - samantha_blue on 02/04/2006 11:03:56 AMGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  11:44:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sam, I know how flustered you are.. and I would be too. Maybe write your state repesent. and let him know how you feel and what you guys have been thru. I considered this lots and lots before I did. I wrote Child support Enforcement in Dahlonega and Charles Jenkins just the other nite after careful consideration and my eldest child says.. he does not love us enough to even call us on our birthdays or to make sure we have support from him. THIS COMING FROM A CHILD WHO IS MAD, HURT AND FED UP!

Their Bio has 2 other children by two other woman and I usually dont have to say anything when we end up in court because one of them does it well.

My kids alone - he is behind 6400.00 now. He paid 54.00 in Decemeber and 29.19 this month. See I used to stay on it better before hunny told me not to worry about it cause as far as he is conserned the girls were his and mine.. and their bio did sign over his parental rights ONLY cause he didnt want to pay child support and told us all that he wanted a house and things with the latest girl of his.. it kinda came back on him cause he owed so much that it didnt matter. Hes responsible to pay and that was that. Maybe twice he has been consistant and he did come to lil Docs Baptism and promised to take her and sissy to the movies and blew her off again and told her he was just to busy in his life right now.. after promising...

Now we had a person who worked for us and when he came he told us that he was under CSE and we had to report that he works for us and what he made and all.. well I did.. and he was in arrears of 4 grand and the lady down there that answers the phone told me for him to send what he could and he wouldnt go to jail? Now how is that enforcing what they are court ordered!? I said ok.. and bit my tongue about my conflict and the worker was sincere in getting cought up...
He isnt within our company anymore but they told him if he paid one weekly payment a month, he wouldnt go to jail! Now.. how about that.. give them the non incentive to care...

There is parole enforcement, probation enforcement, law enforcement... why cant this Child Support Enforcement enforce... specially when they had the information on the absent parent to do so? If the absent parent was on probation and failed to appear for their visit... or failed the drug test.. FAILED TO PAY THEIR FINES, they would go to jail.

The lady at the desk once told me years ago when the bio was behind and had paid 19.00 in one months time that I should be happy I got that... that rubbed me the wrong way.. BAD!
I coulda said, do you tell the banks that when you have loans and what if you only paid a few dollars on your loans...

EVERY FRIEND I HAVE THAT IS GOING THRU THIS AGENCY FOR HELP IS NOT MUCH BETTER BY NO MEANS AT ALL THAN IF THEY WERENT.. Some are on it because they get medicaid for the children and the state will automatically pick it up.. I could understand if I was just a in this post because I picked a bad apple.. but Im in this post cause the agency isnt doing its job for almost everyone I know who uses them.. they have a office full of staff in Dahlonega.. full time workers too.. what are our tax dollars paying for? Everytime Ive been into that office, they are gossiping in the front office leaned up against walls.. The things that should get done, arent.. we are paying taxes for this and losing on getting our children what is rightfully theirs and so we are kinda gettin the raw end on both.. paying taxes for this and not collecting.

Hunny does not care and I had learned to lived with the way it was until one of the other moms made the statement.. what about our kids? They deserve it and he sure couldnt raise them for the lil he has to pay..

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  11:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And you should be Sam! I can't imagine a mother leaving her child much less not supporting the little feller. Anyways, my sis in law, well her hubby is a dead beat dad. Literally! And has been locked up I dont know how many times. She lives in Madison Co but this is how low he is. When the boys grandmother died (his mother) they didn't contact the kids because she would know where he was and have him locked up. She found out on her own about the Grandmother's death. But HOW LOW?@ Ya know?! He is a drug abuser and an addict, so whatelse can you expect. Drugs and Drinking were his priority in life. Work and being a daddy wasn't. He was raised that way, so some would say, It wasn't ALL his fault! But I'm sorry, it's called being an Adult and making a CHANGE and stop the generation of "Good For Nothings"...Others have done it. WHy can't others?

In her case, they have pretty well took care of it. Because the State pays the child support in her case. So if he misses his payment to the state then they go looking for him.

~Me crazy? Nah, just three teenagers, get back with me in the year 2010, we'll discuss it then.~Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  12:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THE STATE PAYS HER CHILDSUPPORT? Shes in Madison? In Ga.? Now... that is interesting.. at least her kids are taken care of ;) in that way but it does hurt the kids when they dont have communications with the absent parent.. persay.. the felling that they are unloved no matter how many times we try to assure them of love of the absent parent.. I know my kids are better off.. by far. They wouldnt be happy like they are now or loved like they are now had they not have their "DADDY" ;) but I can see where the kids feel like they do cause the ones that dont pay, and even do see the kids, those kids are wondering why they arent making that commitment to them even in that way. Ive never held back from my kids except the fact of their bios side activities that he does and at the 10 yr olds age, she reads the paper and arrest reports even.. I dont ask her to or keep her from it...

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  12:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I THINK it was the State, maybe I need to ask where it came from again. I know she wasn't on any assistance at all. But Hubby's daddy had a lawyer and paid him good money to do whatever they done but she got her check for them boys each month. And the bio father had to pay the agency (state?) what he was due. Now that she is remarried I'm not sure how it works. These boys are better off not knowing there REAL dad. It must be genetic because one of them acts just like him and never was under his character to even be swayed. Odd I reckon. My sis n law has never had good taste in picking peoples. Shes married to a towel head now. Oh well!

~Me crazy? Nah, just three teenagers, get back with me in the year 2010, we'll discuss it then.~Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  4:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh gosh, what is a towel head? I know a woman that spent the summer in jail because she did not pay child support. She does not have a job because she is too lazy to work.

Go to Top of Page

MiddleAgeCrazy

USA
1435 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  10:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An Arab. We refer to all of them in robes and towels(turbins) as Towel Heads......lol!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  4:04:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BUH HAHA! SNORTIN CAUSE ... I member when they first started dating.. Ladys SIL and... that feller..

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  4:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well here's a story I know of and I don't think it's fair at all.

A girl I knew got pregnant, never told the Dad. He went years, like 10 years not knowing he had a Daughter.

Then in WA, which is where He lived they took his license from him and he found out he owed tons in child support and had a daughter.

He lost 10 years and still had to pay. He also was not allowed a license until he paid the whole 10 years back. How was he to work with no license?

Then she'd get mad when he did not show up, how could he with no license until he paid her back?

That's not right to me, but she felt very justified and in the mean time got assistance from the government, which this guy had to pay back.

She seemed like such a nice girl until I heard about that.

Cherry Blossom

Edited by - Cherry Blossom on 02/05/2006 4:15:50 PMGo to Top of Page

Gaonmymind

199 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  8:49:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this is a two way street-so to speak.
I know of someone- a loving father had 2 children, the mother left the state with the kids, he followed so he could be with his kids, she ended up having 2 other kids with 2 diff. men. And the father had to pay the state then the state paid the ex. But the amount he was paying was soo much it was like he was paying for the 2 kids that were not his.( the father had to take the state troopers to the house to get his kids because one fellow was a threat, he's in jail now for murder., not the father of the 2 kids, one of the others, how bad is that, and the mother still kept the kids)
I think it all comes down to who the goverment, wants to believe.
(Or maybe the best story teller)

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  9:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm... GOM... I dont know about all of that. I think thats more in the WELFARE of the children department rather than CSE... Regardless ANY child deserves the way better than less.

As for story tellers, I think the story tells itself in all cases, its just up to the readers like a jury and yeah, a murderer.. uhg! Im wondering why this wasnt investagated? Not that Id be surprised if it werent but was it? What county?

I know kids who are endangered... their moms and dads have track marks and leave needles where other kids see them in open view.. That to me is about the same as a murderer being in the house!

As far as paying childsupport regardless of what "PRICE" the judge orders, I think the kids deserve that "PRICE" and beyond that! You know anyone within CSE where the absent parent actually involves themselves in school activies, or does not look at child support as well, that it I dont have to do for the kid or kids cause that all I gotta do.. or another one that gets me ravin mad is when they help out until the other parent marrys and then.. they think, well they have so and so so they dont need me and Im free of that! Errr!

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  9:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O hunny dont want me to worry with this in our case.. but another mom and I talked and talked and I see lots thangs clearer.. while its most likely in the best interest of the kids at this time that he chooses not to take part, this is his choice only and he is cheating the kids in more ways than one.

As for a man who would follow his kids and love them like GOM was explaining... I think that I wouldnt give up if I were him and I would talk to a lawyer.. there are bono whatchya call it who will help and sometimes the state will give one in some cases!

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

Gaonmymind

199 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  9:50:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree DOC, it is the children that are important here, not the parents. (well they are important too). The point being, some parents do not want to be parents. I believe the children are often better off with out them, I know that sounds harsh. Some Mothers and Fathers fight and fight to get what their children deserve from the dead beat parent and usually it causes more harm then good to the children.
In the case I was talking about the father loved and needed and wanted his children-the mother didn't want anything other then his money and to do what she wanted. So he let her, just begging to let him be with his kids. That didn't happen, now his oldest, 16 is a mother herself, and unwed. I think that something went terribly wrong somewhere. (But that's another topic)
It seems that the most caring parent is always the one punished.
And I think your hunny is right, he loves the kids, why put them through the wringer and make them feel bad. It's not their fault by any means. They have a father, although not bio, he's much better. (no offense)
Just because it's blood does not mean it's better. It's LOVE that counts.
(Hmmm-sounds like I'm preaching. LOL I'm not.)

Go to Top of Page

Gaonmymind

199 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  9:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way DOC, I like the GOM. LOL
Seems to fit- I'm usually Gommed up in something. LOL

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  9:56:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hugs GOM.. (By the way I dont like GOM.LOL UMM Ga? ) I know. I really do and its been my point up till this communication with the other mom that we are blessed and I have left it alone.. lifes been pretty ok too until Bdays come and events come and the eldest says why? Ya know..

The case you are talking about just breaks my heart completely and I wished their was remedy for all these things between humans but God is all we here depend on really and that aint a bad thing.
May I ask, cause I know I got a choice when I was 14 to live with my step dad and I woulda had he lived here.. but could these kids have went to live with their dad when they turned 14? :(

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  4:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am wondering.. would CSE extradite or however ya spell it? I was told they do when its only an amount over a certain amount...

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy