New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 16 visitors.

All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Bipartisan bill to force seperation of Tax Board
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
MountainThinker

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  2:08:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got this update; it would go a long way to resolving the circumstances surrounding the property tax issue of last year. Read below and make sure you e-mail our state legislators to let them know what you think!

State Sen. Chip Pearson - Chip@team51.org
State Rep. Charles Jenkins - charlesj@legis.state.ga.us

Five Middle Georgia state legislators have signed on to a bill proposed by Maconís Rep. David Lucas that would restrict tax assessors in any Georgia county from simultaneously serving in other elected or appointed positions.

Democrats Nikki Randall of Macon, Robert Ray of Fort Valley and DuBose Porter of Dublin joined Republicans David Graves and Allen Freeman, both of Macon, in supporting House Bill 1081. That bill would prohibit a person who has served on a board of assessors from being hired as the countyís chief appraiser for a period of 12 months after they have left the board.

The bill also prevents a chief appraiser and all county property appraisal staff from sitting on the board of assessors. In addition, it bars county assessors from running for elected offices at the state, county and municipal level.

Interesting Stuff!

Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam.

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  3:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think this is the proposed bill you are referring to:

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005_06/fulltext/hb1081.htm

GrayEagle
"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears."
Edgar Allen PoeGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  3:46:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
email sent to both of them! Thanks for the info.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  5:44:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm impressed that I got a reply so quickly!

Responding to your comment on HB1081, based on the preliminary information that I have received I most likely will vote yes on the bill. In fact, a friend, Rep. Lucas, authored the bill and I have a lot of confidence in him. Perhaps it will come to the House Floor for a vote next week, and I will be better prepared to make a decision.
I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

As you know, Mr. Norman was hired by the County Commissioner.

Sincerely,

Representative Charles Jenkins

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  7:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm impressed that I got a reply so quickly!

Responding to your comment on HB1081, based on the preliminary information that I have received I most likely will vote yes on the bill. In fact, a friend, Rep. Lucas, authored the bill and I have a lot of confidence in him. Perhaps it will come to the House Floor for a vote next week, and I will be better prepared to make a decision.
I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Sincerely,

Representative Charles Jenkins

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.

Maddy, what did Mr. Jenkins mean in the part I bolded?

GrayEagle
"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears."

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  7:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see a bolded part, Gray. The part about who hired Norman & Assoc?
If so, I also stated that there were quite a lot of people in Union County who would be up for a multi-commissioner board, rather than one person doing it all. Although, I do think Lamar has & is doing some good things, this county is just too big for the ice age style of leadership.

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  7:39:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think you answered my question. Thanks!

GrayEagle

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  11:39:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voiced my opinion for what ever it was worth and I also voiced my opinion on some other issues as well.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

fairplay

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:21:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We- John, Eddie, and I have caught our share of criticism for daring to point out the discrepancies in our tax assessors and tax commissioners offices over the past several months. And fair or unfair depending on which side you take, these two bills under consideration will clear up and force the agencies to follow the laws. And most importantly it will give the department of revenue the power of enforcement without having a sole commissioner having the power of not calling for an investigation.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005_06/fulltext/hb1081.htm
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005_06//versions/sb65_As_introduced_LC_19_6424_2.htm

sonnyGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:33:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you read the posts? I've emailed Sen. Jenkins and Mr. Pearson.

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And I provided the link to the full text of the proposed bill.

GrayEagle

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:57:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's in one ear & out the next I guess! LOL

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy