New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 13 visitors.
BoeBro Ventures, Inc. and Blairsville.com does recommend or endorse any business or professions discussed by our members. You should consider the information provided as advice alone and consult as many sources as you can when choosing a business or person to provide a service.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Veterinarian
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  7:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any suggestions for a vet? It's time for routine shots and I want to set our dogs up with a local vet. By "local", I mean either in the Blairsville or Murphy area. (You can see where my priorities are....I don't have a local doctor for myself yet!)

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  8:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really like the Ocoee Animal Hospital in Blue Ridge. That's not in Blairsville or Murphy though. Sorry.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  8:22:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BAH (Blairsville Animal Hospital) Our animals love Deanne!

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

swtsue

USA
667 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  10:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oconee Animal Hospital by all means. caring, friendly & etc. It is In Blue Ridge

Go to Top of Page

Nikita04

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  01:21:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr.Vardeman at Hiawassee Animal Hospital.He is wonderful& the staff is really nice. They are really good with animals.

Go to Top of Page

avalanche

USA
251 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  01:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit avalanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fawn,
Are you closer to downtown Blairsville (downtown), or are you closer to Murphy? I am only in the area on a part-time basis, but locals from both areas have recommended two vets-one in GA and one in NC.
Avalanche
Elise

quote:

Any suggestions for a vet? It's time for routine shots and I want to set our dogs up with a local vet. By "local", I mean either in the Blairsville or Murphy area. (You can see where my priorities are....I don't have a local doctor for myself yet!)

AvalancheGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  08:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ocoee Animal Hospital in Blue Ridge is the best. I have been going to Dr. Day there for over 21 years. They will see you in the middle of the night, if you have an emergency. They are always on call.

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  08:49:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital in Young Harris

896-1244

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  09:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never heard of anyone going to the animal hosptial in Murphy. It does not look sucessful to me. I sometimes take my dog to Blairsville animal hospital for shots, but when she is sick, I have to take her to Ocoee. They are the best vets I have seen in my life!! (I don't go to doctors either, Fawn)

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  11:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are never any cars at the Murphy vet. I take that as a bad sign.

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  3:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My business partner took his dog there once and wasn't happy with the vet's attitude.

The one in Andrews is much better. Truly wonderful.

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  4:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Im thinkin of changing to Ocoee? sp? In BR. I hear so much great things and we took our boxers there.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

vet_ tech_ student

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  8:54:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would tell you to go to Blairsville Animal Hospital. I used to work for DeAnne before we opened a clinic in Ellijay. DeAnne Livingston helps Alot of homeless animals. She loves animals. She does alot for the animal shelter to get all of the animals spayed and neutered. If you are looking for a vet in Blairsville they are the ones to call. If you know anyone in Ellijay..Ellijay Animal Hospital is the place to go. We have laser, ultrasound and our doc loves orthopedic surgery. Good luck with whatever vet you choose.

Go to Top of Page

Nikita04

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  01:53:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr.Livingston was very nice to my husband & I when we had to rush our dog to the vet earlier this year,it was after hours & our vet wasn't on call. Sadly,our little dog had to be put to sleep,& Dr.Livingston stayed with us the whole time.

We miss our little daschund.

Edited by - Nikita04 on 12/14/2006 01:56:34 AMGo to Top of Page

spam4einstein

839 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  01:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would not recomend Union County Pet Hospital.
Ocoee Animal Hospital in Blue Ridge has been good so far since we started going there.

Go to Top of Page

Nikita04

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  02:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We took our dogs to Dr. Vardeman at Hiawasee Animal Hospital. Dr. V & the staff are very nice & are good with animals.

Edited by - Nikita04 on 12/14/2006 02:04:29 AMGo to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  07:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have taken my pets to Blairsville Animal Hospital and to Union County Pet Hospital and I like Union county Pet Hospital better. They are both good tho, I just prefer Patti Barnes.

Why can't I get a little ahead instead of a bigger behind?Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  11:10:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm.

I know you have more than one vet in Blairsville, but I know there's one I would never go to.

I don't remember the name, but they sure do have an attitude! I know someone in Blairsville who takes their dog there, and they confirmed the attitude problem.

I called during an emergency once and could not believe what an unpleasant personality this person had. I would never give my business to someone who talks to me like I'm stupid.

Wildflower

Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me.
But deep down, I know that's not true.
Some of the smaller countries are neutral.
~Robert Orben
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  2:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Day (Ocoee) opened his office to us on New Year's Day. I called the local place when my dog was very sick and was told to bring her the next morning. I called Dr. Day's office and was told to bring her into the office in one hour. That is why I make the drive to Blue Ridge.

Go to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  2:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wildflower, I bet I know exactly which one your referring to.

Go to Top of Page

Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  2:31:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wildflower, I bet I know exactly which one your referring to.

Posts that continue down this path will be removed.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  2:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Dr. Livingstone too. She is the one that put my last baby to sleep. I just like the staff at Dr. Day's office better. They have 4 great vets.

Go to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  3:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whooops!! Sorry Admin!!

Go to Top of Page

murphy

USA
518 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  4:52:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit murphy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I only use the one in Murphy and I love the care my pets received. They are always busy.

If you are Lucky enough to live in the Mountains...You are Lucky enough...Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  6:06:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me too, Murphy. When my dog had dental surgery a few months ago, the vet gave me his cell phone number and told me to call him "just in case" the dog had problems. Luckily, she didn't have any difficulties.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  6:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love my vet at BAH. Now that we're friends, I've gotten to know her personality. She got on to me about my dogs ears. It's the choleric personality. Strong, leader, bold, blunt. Of course, when I go in there with my own diagnosis, she just shakes her head at me & ask when I graduated from vet school!!!! lol

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy