New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 12 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 favorite food places (not restaurants)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
luvngamtns

309 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  9:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My hubby puts them in the microwave to re-heat and they taste Ok

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  08:06:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it that shopping center across (kinda) from NGN? I think that there is a real estate there too.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  08:16:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's just way too many calories in a bag. I ate a handfull, but I'd rather buy them by the handfull, why do you have to buy a whole bag?

That's like 90 calories a peanut. You can't eat a bag.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  08:28:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's just way too many calories in a bag. I ate a handfull, but I'd rather buy them by the handfull, why do you have to buy a whole bag?

That's like 90 calories a peanut. You can't eat a bag.

Cherry Blossom

Why do you have to buy a whole package of TP when you only need one roll? Why do you have a cable TV package of many channels when you only want to watch a few of the channels? The answer is: that is the way the seller packages his products to sell to the public.

I kinda wonder where you got the 90 calories per peanut from? I think you may be off by a large factor. Go to http://www.peanut-institute.org/NutritionBasics.html for more information on peanuts. One ounce of shelled peanuts is about 166 calories and has a lot of other benefits. BUT like anything else (like food, booze, spending) too much of something is NOT good for you.

Some of us can and do eat a bag, maybe not at one setting, but yes. I know folks who do eat a bag over one or two days.

GrayEagle

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." Euripides

Edited by - GrayEagle on 01/06/2006 08:29:02 AMGo to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  08:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lord, Boiled Peanuts by a handful would only make me mad! LOL~ I love them things. I can't eat a full bag but they are good to eat later. Room temp for the day. Or put in the fridge over night.

“In life, pain and suffering are inevitable.
However, being miserable is optional.What you permit, you promote.”
Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  09:17:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your right Gray I was thinking on the lines of peanut butter being 90 calories a tbsp.

I liked them a lot, I will buy them again.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  10:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peanuts are good for you. I discovered canned salted pecans in Bi Lo. I think the brand is Stuckey's. They are expensive, but really good! I think I will go and get some. Gary eats lots of nuts on his diet!

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  12:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well we went to Mercier's and it's fabulous!

I got all kinds of sauces, dressings, jellies, butters, bread etc....

Then my Daughter and I split a sweet potatoe tartlet thinger, my oh my that was yummy! My boy has no idea what he missed out on.

That was a fun thing to do.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  01:40:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dad, Im raising my hand to the eating a bag in one day.. I know when to stop but Lordy, I literally founder myself on them till Im sooo sickly. We really shoulda got some on our trip to Wally see ya...

As for spending.. heck they arent expensive per bag either. I wont drive outta my way for much at all unless I honest to goodness need to. I have learned to be lots more modest with what I buy and what I do and where I go since we have bought this house and Ive gained more responsabiltys, not that I didnt have any before... but.. ya know what I mean.

Im glad to know that Merciers is open all year around now. We got in the habit from years of it not being so we didnt check on it.. sometimes they will have carmel apples and candied apples. Thats what my downfall is there.lol Hunny gets the apple dumpling and the kids are with me... they love the carmel and candied apples. We dont buy the spices there. For one, they are too expensive to me. Another reason is.. spices last us a long time here. We buy a couple gallons of apple cider and the stuff I mentioned from the cafe part or whatever ya call that part of it and a couple pecks of apples.

I wish we had a ice cream van that could run routes here in Bville. When I stayed with my aunt Suzie, they had them in Rex and in Jonesboro. Was nice.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  06:08:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Dad, Im raising my hand to the eating a bag in one day.. I know when to stop but Lordy, I literally founder myself on them till Im sooo sickly. We really shoulda got some on our trip to Wally see ya...
Daughter,I love them things so much. I make them here sometimes using the crock pot, but Sunset's are soooo good.

I didn't even think about stoping at Sunset when we went to Wally-see-ya! Although I'm kinda glad we didn't because you and I would have been so full that we might not have eaten at Cobb's Mill. That was really nice cause we could just sit and talk.

GrayEagle

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." EuripidesGo to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  08:35:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They did not have candied or carmel apples yesterday, but they had tons of fabulous things.

We're eating our cinnamon apple bread now and that's a big yum!

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  08:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds great, Cherry! Glad you stopped there. They have alot of neat things to eat!

GrayEagle

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." EuripidesGo to Top of Page

diane dyer

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  4:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love taking a basket for lunch out to the lake at Vogel.

JMT DD

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy