New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 12 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 favorite food places (not restaurants)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
luvngamtns

309 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  8:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where's the best place around for boiled peanuts, pies, produce, sausage, or any other thing you can think of?? There are lots of great little places in the area that those of you who have lived here a while are familiar with. Please point us 'newbies' in the right direction so we can help keep these mom & pop businesses going, too!

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  8:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunrise my dear... its on 129 south right before Wally see ya! :)

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  8:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LMAO!!! Walley see ya! LOL!!!
Chambers used to be the best place for sausage.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  8:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's Wally?

Love the topic....now can someone tell me where to get good potatoe or macaroni salad that does not taste like a pickle?

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  8:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Walasi-Yi center is pronounced by locals, "Walla see ya".

Hotdawg

USA
2357 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  8:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hotdawg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well i have to agree sunrise has some good boiled peanuts but
when i was a teen and stayin with my aunt and uncle for the summer
a guy named F.C. Souther used to sale the best peanuts up by vogel state park on the side of the road

Talent On Loan From GodGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  8:48:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dawg, I sure may be wrong, but that seems to be close to Sunrise. Could it be the same place?

GrayEagle

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." EuripidesGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  8:49:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was it more down on the way to Dahlonaga? There's a guy who's been down that way on the side for years! blue van & sells boiled peanuts & jellies.

Hotdawg

USA
2357 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  8:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hotdawg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no gray F.C. was just on the side of the road about 3 miles up from sunrise. He passed away in the late 70,s early 80,s but he had some dang good p-nuts

Talent On Loan From GodGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  9:42:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ahhhhhh, IC

GrayEagle

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." EuripidesGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  9:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ummm Lovely, now this is a lil outta my thingy to do or maybe not but when hunny and I were datin.. we would go to Gainesville to eat or shoppin almost every weekend... welp, Id make him stop and get me boiled pnuts spite the fact that he told me that they leave the barrel unattended overnite and college kids pee in the barrels at nite... now, I dont eat as many boiled pnuts as I used to and thanks to Hunny... as Puddin was sayin about the sweet is licked off...

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  06:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
(boiled beans place) theres one that they say is good, if ya drive from helen to unicoi state park, outside helen its on the left side around on the middle from helen-unicoi state park.

usually theres an big human doll sitting on an bench waitin for customers hehehe. dont remember the name, gettin old.

"an single men is not complete but an marriaged men is complete finished"

Edited by - swissroger on 01/05/2006 07:04:32 AMGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  06:58:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UMMM ... Love ya Rog bro but that went way over my head! now huh?

Reckon Nelly I could set me up a weiner stand in front of your business and sell hotdogs, nooo HotDawg, I said hotDOGS? Heck they do it in the movies!lol Ill give ya commission and free lunch?lol!

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  08:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doc, that is sure a good idea. I remember buying hot dogs at the beach and they were so much better than at home. I will be your first customer. How about a good place for chocolate fudge? Is the one at Pappy's that good?

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  08:29:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its not as good as Maddys but its close. *wink*

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  08:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O and thanks for your future patronidge.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

JawJa Gurl

USA
1139 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  08:39:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooh Maddy, that lil ole guy is awesome. I call him the "Peanut Man". I was gonna mention him. Sometimes his wife makes fudge too! I almost always go outta my way goin home just to stop at his stand.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  08:44:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I missed something! Who makes fudge? Maybe we should have a big "tasting" party for our group. Everybody could make what they make best ( like puddin and her banana puddin) and we could taste everything! We all seem to have one thing in common, a love of food!

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  08:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coosa they sell chocolates and fudge in the Halmark shop, not sure if they are good or not?

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

luvngamtns

309 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  09:19:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They also sell them in the new bakery attached to The Country Smokehouse meat store. Never tried it cause I don't care for fudge but I can vouch for the baked goods and breads!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  09:21:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't go there cause one of the guys there is suing me!! Maybe I will go, after I win my case, next week. Or maybe you can bring me some fudge in jail!

Go to Top of Page

luvngamtns

309 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  09:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought it was some Florida guy that was sueing you???? Or is this something else?

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  09:30:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry Coosa I'll bring you fudge in jail and I'll take care of your Holly while you are in stripes.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  10:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes and i bring you an swiss nailfile to file the steel windows...

"an single men is not complete but an marriaged men is complete finished"Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  10:26:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, it is the same Florida guy, he just works there. Thanks for the fudge and saws for my jail cell.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  10:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, I make real good chocolate fudge but then I eat it all too!!

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy