New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 18 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Blairsville Retailing & Surrounding Areas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 14
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  4:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mad4Martinis- l like your thoughts about the square. The best way to revitalize a downtown area, and to entice additional businesses, is to develop a theme concept, redo the sidewalks, add period lighting, renovate the store facades, put in landscaping and pedestrian seating.

Perfect examples are Hinesville, Ga., Calhoun Ga. Adairsville, Ga.

Where is the Development Authority when you need them?

Social ChangeGo to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  5:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rouge I'll tell you what I find, we are going there this weekend, all around Lake Lanier.

I found some beautiful homes to see.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  5:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Social, the ugly blue building downtown was at one time a car dealership. It looks awful. It is up for sale, but it should be torn down. What ever happened to the building that Nelly use to own. It looked like it was going to open into a bead shop, but now it is bare again.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  7:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's going to be hard to make the square into anything that's going to be welcoming to pedestrians (although it would be wonderful) with it being a HWY!

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  09:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, there is a lot of traffic going around the square. One problem is all the deliveries to Builder's first, althought they do have a back entrance.

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  10:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That back entrance is the Exit entrance ONLY for big trucks. The big trucks can get out that way but can't swing wide enough to get in that way.

~Me crazy? Nah, just three teenagers, get back with me in the year 2010, we'll discuss it then.~Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  11:25:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Curves is having a food drive for the next 2 weeks.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  11:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bragged sometime last year about how Murphy had gotten a face lift and how the buildings looked so much better.. We were over there not to long ago in the downtown district and it looks like the paint is peeling off some of the buildings :(. Ahh ohh.. Bless um.

They have reduced the cruzing and lots are in a uproar cause of that too and it aint the kids... its the old timers who once "cruised"! The kids like the pool hall over there tho and said it stayed busy.

The one thing in Murphy that got my attention is the four lane is building up with all these great mini malls along the way to Wal Mart.. Cool for them.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  3:53:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin's is having a 50% off sale today thru Saturday.

My reality check bouncedGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  4:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw that too but was in a hurry. Darn it! 2 more days to go tho..

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  5:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't forget Alexander's 75% off sale on their winter stuff. Got a great pair of shoes there for $15.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  5:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that is a good price!

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  12:25:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember Social Change started off a topic about the buildings coming up around town that were just aluminum sheds & there was some feedback from it that agreed with him & those who didn't. I can see both sides of it, due to the cost savings and also that the appeal isn't there. But...if you had the money to build a building to have your store, and to make B'ville look Purdy, would you?
I went to CVS this morning Alexander's has demolished the building there and put a aluminum building up in place. If I had the money I'd brick the thing or stone the front.

The Log cabin & insurance place on 515 is HUGE & looking darn nice!

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  12:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uhhh. we got some of his winders he let us have from the old building, why? I aint got no clue at all.

Yes, if I had the money and IF I KNEW FOR SURE the revenue was gonna come in and I wouldnt be closed down within 6 months, I would build fancy smancy - that is IF I KNEW THAT I COULD PAY IN ONE YEAR FOR THAT SMANZY STUFFS WITH THE REVENUE THE BUSINESS BROUGHT IN.. maybe crazy but Ive seen tooo many things come and go.. then there gets to a point when we have 6 of these and 7 of those and they kinda bite them ownselves ya know... but yeah I know what youe saying and yes I would.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  12:36:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, of course with the revenue. But, it's the appliance God of Blairsville! LOL So, you know it's going to work out for them.

Saw that the Mountain Animal thrift store is up for rent. Are they moving it or closing down??

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  12:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well yes.lol

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  12:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PCM was tellin me about that and I think they are relocating.. just dont know where now? Not many stay in that building.. Ive heard that theres lots of moisture in it but I aint been in there since its changed from a lighting fixture place so that tells ya how long.LOL

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  12:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It use to be the only place in town to buy plumbing and electrial things. we bought a lot of things there, til city plumbing bought them out.

Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  12:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are ya'll talkin' bout the building there by the Fort??

God brings men into deep waters not to drown them, but to cleanse them.
(John Hill Aughey,Presbyterian Pastor,1828-1911)

~*Topaz*~Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  1:01:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Builders Wholesale Supply. Me and hunny offer their appliances because they are so much more reasonable than other places.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  1:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, you can see how much attention I pay to things...
Me and hunny drove by there Friday night going to CVS and I didn't even notice!
What is it that was being built...(well, it may be completed by now), between them and the parts store??

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  1:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL THE LOG THING?? Its Exit Realty. I sure am proud of that log stacker too!

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  1:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know...
the last I saw it, it was just beams (I think)...looked like it was gonna be a round or an octagon shaped building??
Right there in between the parts store and the wholesale place...across from the Fort.

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  1:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OO OO no.. I dont know what that is... theres a octagon house looking something but I dont know whats in there... Now I get it. Sorry Topey, theres lotsa building in that area goin up... Now WBS put up a metal building as far as I know right in behind the OLD parts and mechanicing block building they were using.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  1:26:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So is the block building still there?

Topic is 14 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy