New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 10 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Restaurants
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Page: 
of 41
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  10:40:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage
Coosa, has anyone (like you and Gary) suggested/asked the owners of COBB'S MILL to start something like that?

GrayEagle
Who do PEOPLE say Jesus is? Who do YOU say Jesus is?Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  10:52:09 AM  Show Profile
Good idea!!

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  1:28:22 PM  Show Profile
Ate a late breakfast at Waffle house this morning & Swt Sue came over to say hello when she was leaving! I'm still stuffed from the meal.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  4:02:37 PM  Show Profile
I have not eaten there since they opened. I even bought my favorite type of syrup to take with me when I go. (I only like one kind, of course)

Go to Top of Page

Social change

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  5:33:29 PM  Show Profile
What is the normal tipping for Blairsville? I tip from 20 to 25% always.

I will leave a decent tip no matter how bad the service or food. The waitress may be having a bad day or problems at home, no need to add to her woes. Also, she has very little to do with the quality of food, so why penalize her?

Social ChangeGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  5:41:08 PM  Show Profile
I do too social change. Our bill at monets is usually under $20, but I always leave $6 for the girls. Once they know you tip correctly, you get great service. You are right, they are not responsible for the taste of the food. So I guess I am tipping 30%.
I also tip the cook, once in a while!! You will be amazed at what that will do for you. The cook will fix anything we want, if he can, whether it is on the menu or not.
I ask for pasta with a hamburger, cause I don't eat fries!

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  07:18:49 AM  Show Profile
Went to the stuffed cheese last night, that's what it's called isn't it?

Either way it was good. We sat outside and over looked the lake.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  1:11:47 PM  Show Profile
I think it is called the big cheese, but I am sure you were stuffed when you left there!! [Automated by GetSmile]

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  4:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage
I had lunch today at Waffle House. They've currently got a score of 98 from the Health Department.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  6:14:27 PM  Show Profile
I haven't had a waffle in months, I am dying to eat there! I guess I should just go by myself for lunch sometimes!

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  7:48:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh Cossa you have no idea, stuffed cheese should be the name.

I wasn't even hungry!

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  11:34:46 PM  Show Profile
Ok, Ok, I know that Waffle House may not be the healthiest choice, but if your eating out...who cares! There is no such thing as Waffle House out here! What I wouldn't give for one of their greasy patty melts and some hashbrowns, scattered, covered, and smothered!

Life is a Journey -
Enjoy The Trip!Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  11:43:18 PM  Show Profile
This post may not belong here, but I didn't know where else to put it. I got this from my SIL this evening and thought it was quite interesting.

MONTANA RESTAURANT
Montana Restaurant (makes me want to go there) This is a great story, I wish I was closer to Montana!

The radio station America FM was doing one of their "Is anyone listening" bits this morning. The first one was, "Ever have a celebrity pull up and say 'Do you know who I am?' routine."

A woman called in and said that a few years back, while visiting her cattle rancher uncle in Billings, MT., they had occasion to go to dinner at a restaurant that does not take reservations. The wait was about 45 minutes. Lots of other rancher types and their spouses were already waiting.

In comes Ted Turner and Jane Fonda. They want a table. The Hostess says they'll have to wait about 45 minutes. Jane Fonda asks the hostess if she knows who she is. "Yes, but you'll still have to wait 45 minutes" Then Jane says, "Is the manager in?"

The manager comes out, "May I help you?" "Do you know who I am?" ask both Jane and Ted. "Yes, but these folks have all been waiting already and I can‘t put you in ahead of them." Then Ted asks to speak to the owner.

The owner comes out. Jane again asks, "Do you know who I am?" The owner says "Yes, I do. Do you know who I am? I am the owner of this restaurant and a Vietnam Veteran. Not only will you not get a table ahead of all of my friends and neighbors here, but you also will not be eating in my restaurant tonight or any other night! Good bye."

Only in America, what a great country! To all who received this e-mail. This is a true story and the name of the steak house is:
Sir Scott's Oasis Steakhouse
204 W Main MANHATTAN, MT 59741
(406) 284-6929

If you ever get there, give this fella a sharp salute, buy a steak and tip the waitress!

Admin edit: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/f/fonda-restaurant.htm

Life is a Journey -

MiddleAgeCrazy

USA
1435 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  08:34:40 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for that truth or fiction info. I was sure something like that site existed but never actually found it.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  10:26:27 AM  Show Profile
We ate at Monets last night and one of our favorite girls told us she is leaving to go to Asianos (spelling?) in hiawassee. Other than the tourists, she said the tips are not very good. Most couples leave $2 and she has trouble making $40 a night!!

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  11:09:17 AM  Show Profile
so,out of all the restar aunts wats every1s fav.?

This one time at Band Camp....Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  12:09:47 PM  Show Profile
ADMIN -

Thanks for the info on truth or fiction. I didn't know if it was true or not, but thought it interesting. Now I know where to find out if something is true or not - thanks again-
Scooter

Life is a Journey -

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  12:32:23 PM  Show Profile
It was interesting, Taylor, too bad it wasn't true! Will you be going to work in a restaurant when you move here?

Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  3:43:02 PM  Show Profile
Coosa, I really don't know exactly. Sonny was talking about us getting back into the stone and tile. There seems to be a lot of construction in the area. He does some really beautiful work, and has taught me so much. It's different, sometimes hard, but it's fun and rewarding to see a bare wall in a kitchen or bath and make something beautiful out it with stone or tiles. He has done some really pretty inlay using regular travertine, then inlaying a diamond shape or something with the cappacinno (Dk. brown)travertine.
Also, he is an engineer and a millwright, and we both have been working in a wood mill that makes all the trims, moldings, and T & G flooring. I'm a sawyer, he's head of maintenance. He's been building a machine to make the end-match on the flooring. I also used to manage a pawn shop.
As for restaurants, I enjoy that type of work as well, as I like meeting people and dealing with people in general. How far is the nearest Pizza Hut from B-ville? I have management training through them, and it may be an option for when we first arrive.

We've also been talking about starting a used bookstore. Nothing fancy, but a place for both purchases and swaps, with maybe a few knick-knack items and/or handmade crafts and such thrown in to keep it interesting. I'd like to have a place the whole community could get some use out of, like having an evening just for kids, maybe a ladies night. You know, something for everyone. And if we get to do this, there will always be a coffee pot and hopefully, several comfy chairs!

Anyways, guess I'll just have to wait and see. I've learned over the years that sometimes the Lord has plans for me that I don't know about yet!

Life is a Journey -

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  3:54:18 PM  Show Profile
There is a pizza hut in Blue Ridge about 20 miles away.(my husband lays all his own tile and he's good at it)

Go to Top of Page

MiddleAgeCrazy

USA
1435 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  4:22:33 PM  Show Profile
My girlfriend is good at laying tile, and even better with laminate or hardwood flooring. She did my whole house.

Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  6:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage
MAC...better hold on to her. She is a treasure.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  6:28:19 PM  Show Profile
Off to Monet's/cobb's Mill. I don't know when dos greckos will be ready!!

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  7:54:40 PM  Show Profile
We went to Enrico's tonight. It was fabulous!

Had fried lobster appetizers in a creamy horseradish sauce.

Veal marsala.

Creamy mushroom soup and kir royale martinis.

Fabulous!

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  09:14:22 AM  Show Profile
Their chicken marsala is my favorite. I have not been there since they moved. Wonder where they will move next?

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 41 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy