New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 9 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Restaurants
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Page: 
of 41
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  10:41:26 AM  Show Profile
REALLY! REALLY!! OMY! WOO HOO! They have excellent food!

Did you get to try Sues Mac?

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  11:12:44 AM  Show Profile
Outback? We heard a Red Lobster is coming. Boy Hiawassee is really growing!!

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  12:53:19 PM  Show Profile
Well that is great! Outback is very yummy!

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  12:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage
I'd rather throw a steak on the grill at home...but then again I don't know how to fix a "bloomin' onion" so I will be happy to go there just for that alone. Hope we get a red lobster nearby too. Love their gumbo.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  12:57:06 PM  Show Profile
I ate at Outback in Gatlinburg several times. I found the steak pretty spicy!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  10:45:33 PM  Show Profile
We went and Met Nelly, Nellion, Shader and Shaderette at Enricos.. I LOVE THAT PLACE. YUMMY! Thanks Nelly and Nellion.. AND Shader and Shaderette. Im still not quite over the umm.. I dont member the name but it werent no Jr. Mint... and thank GOD it werent not ummm Slug! OTHER THAN THAT, I got a good informative education on what the menu has. Now just remember the names instead of location on the menu.lol

The meals are so huge even if I can recall what that name of what me and Nelly had was - it was awesome and actually a big ole helpin to have enough for lunch tomorrow. The appetizers are WONDERFULLY YUMMM!

I hadnt been to this location and I only had the left overs from the other location but I think Ive found my favorite place to go..

And yes.. the company is what made the night sooo downright perfect.

Of course Hiawassee has beat Union to having the spirits by the glass. They have a full bar there too. Nope, I had sweet tea before anyone asks.

Another first for me for new foods and places. Im thankful we got to go and had sitters. It was as usuall VERY ENJOYABLE.

In fact, its the BEST in my opinion of any Italian place Ive ever been to. I will go so far in my opinion to say taht it outdoes the Olive Garden.

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  08:02:42 AM  Show Profile
That place is yummy. The company you had was good too, so that makes it even better!

We talked to the city planning dude over in Hiawassee & he said that it's not an outback that's going up, it's a Hooter's. There's a group of women in town that are starting a group up to protest against it too. "Women Are Not For Decoration"
Personally, I think I need to go see that plastic surgeon & get a job!!

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

nelly

USA
2816 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  09:22:00 AM  Show Profile
LOL DoC!
The appetizers you ate were calamari(squid), crab cakes, mozzerella cheese sticks, and the one that looked like the "junior mint in bread" was escargot (snails). You did so good trying everything!

You had Veal Piccata for dinner.

It was a very nice evening! We had a blast!

A simple act of kindness.....pass it onGo to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  09:26:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
Oh Me! When she read that "snail" word! She will ummmmmm well yeah! LOL! Glad ya'll had a wonderful evening! Much needed for Doc! Mama's need them "breaks" regardless of how guilty you feel! I need a break and it's coming soon! Mine is just a break from 'da men' and I can't wait to get there and eat to my hearts content ALL the seafood I want! Yummmmmmy!

~Me crazy? Nah, just three teenagers, get back with me in the year 2010, we'll discuss it then.~Go to Top of Page

Sweet N Low

USA
457 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  09:33:10 AM  Show Profile
Doc, what did the squid and snails taste like. I've never tried them before. I think I could the squid but don't know about the escargot.....Glad you all had a great time.

Blessings to all this beautiful day!!!

S.. N.. L..Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  09:37:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage
Mom, I won't eat snails over younder when we go! I REPEAT I wont eat snails over younders!LOL! Squid....fine..........Snails! Yuck! I kill them things with salt! (kill them dead)

~Me crazy? Nah, just three teenagers, get back with me in the year 2010, we'll discuss it then.~Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  10:17:14 AM  Show Profile
We sat out in the garden room at Monet's for the first time, instead of a booth. It is nice out there, but kind of noisy! Joan was walking around passing out appetizers, they were good!!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  10:24:38 AM  Show Profile
Sweetie, them snails to me.. DONT TASTE LIKE NO JR. MINTS.. If ya dont have the impression that they taste like what they look like.. maybe it would work.??? Not for me.. it was the closest Ive been in a loooong time to ... I didnt like it.. I really got sick after they told me. They knew I probably would not try it. Thing is.. I want to try the world out. I read about thangs and realize I have no clue on these thangs and I wanna learn,.. then its easier to know the differences if weve been there done that and not think that its a jr mint when its actually.. I cant even say that word again.

See I thought she told me they were slugs.. so I got even sicker cause I used to pour salt on the thangs and knock um off the sides of this rental house I used to live in.. GROSS!

Try things tho Sweetie.. ;) You might like um.

As for the Hooters... thats what the friend of hunny said too. He owns a trash truck service over yunder and already has the account.
I heard that lots of the churches are forming protest over there.
Its hearsay again but I also heard that lots of the waitresses are gonna be like 18 yrs old..

Sir Winston Churchill

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  11:13:36 AM  Show Profile
DoC I would have been in the bathroom all night. I've tried calamari but not the snails. Didn't like squid and I'm sure I wouldn't like snails. Gross

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  11:20:50 AM  Show Profile
With all the good food in the world, why eat snails. Snails have calories and do does chocolate cake. Let them eat cake!!

Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  11:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage
I love escargot...but how bad could anything taste with butter and garlic?! Think of some of the other things you've eaten before. What about sweetbreads, tripe, pickled pigs' feet, pickled herring. And really...do any of us actually know what is in hot dogs? Best to just enjoy the taste and try not to think about it.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  11:43:36 AM  Show Profile
I haven't eaten any of those things, except hot dogs, and yup you are right, let's not think about it. On the other hand, I know just what is in chocolate cake, Yum!!

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  7:01:45 PM  Show Profile
Well when we were leaving Cleveland we stopped in some Mexican place on the left and had some of the best tacos and enchiladas for $4.00 a plate. I'll surely go there again!

Yumm!

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  7:01:49 PM  Show Profile
Picked up dinner to go from Mike's Seafood. Got there 20 minutes after they opened and they had a line waiting all the way out the door.

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  7:06:03 PM  Show Profile
What time do they open?

I want to go there and I'm a lunch person, I rarely eat dinner.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  7:15:13 PM  Show Profile
11 am - 2 pm Tuesday - Saturday lunch

5 pm - 9 pm Tuesday - Saturday dinner

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  9:56:00 PM  Show Profile
We went to Mike's tonight for dinner. Yummy! I had the 1/2 lb of shrimp & ended up giving a bunch to my hubby & friend. It was way too much food! But, yummy spices on those boiled shrimps.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  11:09:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh, now I can't wait to get there and try some of the places ya'll been talking baout tonight! That Enrico's place sounds nice, and Sonny will LOVE the mexican place Cherry mentioned. He was born in SE texas, but raised in Arizona - anything mexican is good to him. I often joke that I could put dryer lint and salsa together, wrap it in a tortilla and he'd just eat away saying "Mmmm, good supper, babe"!

As for the stuff DoC tried - Good for you! I was fortunate to have a military dad, so I was often in situations to try new things. Daddy always told us to at least try something before we past judgement on it. I haven't had escargot in years, but I remember enjoying them. Mmmmm All the butter and garlic! At least you have broadened your horizons today! I think any day that goes by that a person doesn't learn something, regardless as to how trivial it may seem, is just a wasted day.

Life is a Journey -
Enjoy The Trip!Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  10:07:45 AM  Show Profile
Monet's was pretty busy last night. Taylor, you would get mad at me, I never try anything new. I eat the same few things over and over again.

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  2:30:13 PM  Show Profile
Well I'm excited about trying Mikes as well. Would have gone today, but the post yesterday indicated it was not open on Sunday, however on our way home the parking lot was jammed packed? So I'm guessing it is open on Sunday.

Too bad I did not know, because we went to Daniels and got the prime rib, my boy got the buffet. It was so, so. Don't think I have to go there again.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

Topic is 41 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy