New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 14 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Restaurants
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Page: 
of 41
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  4:28:01 PM  Show Profile
You can't beat Dave and Joan. I guess they just need a day off, plus they are working on the new place right next door.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  9:13:34 PM  Show Profile
Schmooze, I have a friend who visited y'all the other day & was in Awe over your chocolates & cafe' mochas! She can't wait to "do lunch" one day.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  09:31:53 AM  Show Profile
That is where we should meet for lunch next time if Smoooze is open on Saturday afternoons. Not too many places are open on Saturday.

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  6:47:16 PM  Show Profile
That Subway in Hiawasse at lunch time has a line going out the door.

They are booming.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  10:05:31 AM  Show Profile
The waitress told me that Monet's will be open after church this sunday. I don't know why they are open some sundays and closed some sundays.

Go to Top of Page

schmooze

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  1:03:43 PM  Show Profile
quote:

That is where we should meet for lunch next time if Smoooze is open on Saturday afternoons. Not too many places are open on Saturday.

Let me know when and we will be there 4 u!!!
fred

saturday afternoons depend on how
wild the Piano gets on Friday night!

Edited by - schmooze on 03/09/2006 1:05:18 PMGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  1:58:32 PM  Show Profile
That is funny, sounds like you have a great time!

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  9:47:22 PM  Show Profile
We went to Cobbs Mill tonight with some friends who are planning their wedding that we're helping with. Saw Coosa & Mr. Coosa. They actually got there after us & left BEFORE us!

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  10:16:26 AM  Show Profile
Well hunny took me and the lil mens to Zaxbys yesterday for late lunch and well... I LOVE THEIR FOOD... but.. them TVs.. Hunny sat across from me and I didnt realize I was doing it but he kinda shuffed my feet under the table and grunted STOP THAT at me.. I said what? See they had a tv over < and one over >. Well he said I looked like I was crazy cause I kept on looking this way and that way, one corner to the other one. Thang was.. WHY CANT THEY LEAVE THEM TVs on one channel. I was just tryin to stay cought up with this one < and that one>. Some kinda test to see if one is really A.D.D. is what I say and I got in trouble too. The boys giggled cause mommy was the one got in troubles. (not that bad he just didnt know what I was trying to do.) Humph.

I think Ill take a universal remote with me next time.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  10:20:24 AM  Show Profile
Are you going to be the flower girl, Maddy? I can't believe that we left before you did last night, I think Gary was nervous someone might hit us again. We had a new waitress and she just looked as us when I told her to write "usual" on the ticket.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  11:01:39 AM  Show Profile
Schmooze, could you e mail me with your email address, I lost it. For some reason, on here, all my e mails go to an alltel account which I never check. Please e mail me at juliedenski@yahoo.com. Thanks, I have a friend that wants to ask you about your hours at Soup2nutz.

Go to Top of Page

John Crosby

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  11:33:06 AM  Show Profile
What happened to the Village Restaurant???? It was one of my favorite places to eat.........last time I was up there, it was closed and up for sale. Sad :-(

John CrosbyGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  12:01:59 PM  Show Profile
John, it finally got bought up by the people who own what was Monets but they changed the name to Cobbs Mill for some reason and now I aint sure whats gonna be the name of what was the Village.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  12:11:23 PM  Show Profile
You cant take children in there for sure. The owner is kid friendly but most people who eat there aint much for kids interupting with lil voices and the waiting for the food takes a tad bit longer soo the kids get anxious. Ive learned my lesson.
I cant afford to eat there unless its with my hunny maybe once a year sometimes twice and we do meet friends there occasionally.
I ate lunch there with some friends and had left over to bring home and got handed a already had been used to go box. Was not impressed with that and again, I dont blame that on the owners either. Maybe the waitress or do they have a bus boy? I dont recall seeing one there.
Ive met some of the nice waitresses too tho and ex employees as well.
ANY RESTR, has to be someones cup of tea tho.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  12:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage
Any time you have a poor dining experience like that, it should be followed up with a manager or owner if possible. It's the only way I know of to ensure that they get the feedback that your dining experience was less than adequate. I always turn down offers of mark downs on the price or coupons for the next visit when turning in those types of complaints because I want them to know that I'm only interested in offering feedback, not looking for a way to get a freebie or a break on the bill.

It could have been a bad night for the restaurant - one of those Murphy's Law nights where everything lines up wrong. But it also could have been a night where the owners entrusted the operations to an underling they thought was capable and who perhaps needs further training or oversight.

It may or may not help. But at least the feedback makes it to those who have the ability to correct it going forward. I'm of the mind that you can't consistently provide bad service, even in a small town, and stay in business. Ultimately, it's in their best interests to listen.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukha

Edited by - ShadowMan on 03/10/2006 12:24:38 PMGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  12:26:56 PM  Show Profile
Morning coffee, I eat at Monets every night. If you had a problem you should have talked to Joan, the owner. The new place they are opening is where the village was. John, if you ate there, you saw us because we ate there every night out on the porch, in the corner. We moved to Monets (cobb's mill) when the Village closed. The new restaurant will be mexican and called dos geckos.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  12:28:25 PM  Show Profile
I was with Nelly.... and yes, I should have and if had been hunny, you bet he woulda but like you - he doesnt take freebies or whatever. Not because he just wants to give feedback but for them to know it could be the last try if he tries lots of times. Hes told the manage of a steak and shake he could eat our food before because it was as cold as can be where it sat and we waited for an hour for it, the manager told him he could warm it up and that offended hunny for some reason.. I dont get the jist of that but I do know what a restr is cause Ive worked in several. Most of the bad workers weed themselves out... same as the restrs. they get weeded out too soon because their businesses die from lack of good business.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  12:33:09 PM  Show Profile
The two or three main cooks have been at Monets for several years and are pretty good. When Joan is there things run smoothly. When she is not there, the hostesses seem to be pretty slow. we get good service cause we eat there every night.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  12:35:46 PM  Show Profile
John, The Village is going to be "Dos Gecko's" now. They're getting it ready. Should open up soon.
We eat at Monet's maybe once a week or every other week. The kids love it and we've had a more positive experiences, than negative ones. The lady who used to be so rude to my kids, is no longer there. She was just rude to adults too.
We had a good meal last night too. The waitresses they had working were great and brought the food out fast.
I wouldn't eat there every night, like Coosa & hubby do. That would get boring to me.

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  12:39:05 PM  Show Profile
It is boring, but the only other place we really like is Shoe Booties and I don't like driving at night. If the millions that visit Mike's every night will slow down, we will try that place!!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  1:11:28 PM  Show Profile
I have not been to that place. sounds like you like to eat out like we do, morning. We use to eat at Shoebooties 3 nights a week after visiting the accupunturist.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  1:35:33 PM  Show Profile
That sounds like a lot of fun, morning coffee! Someone was asking me about the golf course restaurant over in Murphy. I have not been there since they re opened. Have you tried it?

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  1:39:01 PM  Show Profile
Have you eaten lunch at Soup 2 NutZ? They make a mean reuben sandwich.

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  1:39:37 PM  Show Profile
My hair dresser says it's wonderful.

Really good food.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  1:59:19 PM  Show Profile
If you are heading towards Wal Mart, turn right at the intersection by McDonald's. Head down that road 3 or 4 miles, the golf course is on your right. There sell beer there too, if you like beer!

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 41 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy